KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » YOU vs the Fantastic Four

YOU vs the Fantastic Four
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Re: Re: YOU vs the Fantastic Four

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spetznaz
Here are my four characters:

1) Dr Midnite
2) Plastic Man
3) Killer Frost
4) Sebastian Shaw

The problem I am facing is:

a) Find where the Invisible Woman (from hereon IW) is, since after all she can turn invisible.
b) Find a way of negating her forcefields and taking her out of the fight.
c) Deal with Reed
d) Deal with a super-brawler like the Thing.
e) Deal with a heat-generator at the level of the the Torch.

Here is my plan:

i) Dr Midnite has various lenses that allow him to see even though his vision is nigh-absent. One of those lenses is an 'ultra-sonic' lens, and thus IW is not longer invisible. When she goes invisible she is bending light around and having it pass through her, but she is still SOLID. Ultra-sonics are basically sonar, so she will show up like a Christmas tree at a Buddhist temple to Dr Midnite.

ii) At which point Plastic Man goes to work, wrapping himself all around IW (who will obviously have her protective bubble up). Now, even if she extends it to its maximum PM will just extend with it, and if she contracts it he will simply contract with it. I wonder how long she can survive without air in that lil' bubble of hers (in my opinion sooner or later she will die just like Unus the untouchable died, or a more recent example how Magneto defeated Cannoball by encircling him in metal and waiting until he was too exhausted to 'blast').

iii) Here comes Johnny boy, obviously not too excited at what is happening. There steps Killer Frost, who has the ability to absorb external heat sourcs and turn them into supreme cold. Guess what Johnny boy is .....a very hot external heat source. He powers up Killer Frost by losing his flames.

iv) Now, what is Killer Frost to do with all that cold surging through her (courtesy of our dear, departed, friend Johnny)? Well, there is Reed trying to snake his way into the fight. In Tower of Babel Plastic Man was frozen and shattered, and if that could work against a shaper like PM imagine what it could do to someone like Reed! Suffice to say Reed becomes an elongated popsicle.

v) Ol' Ben is obviously not laughing by now. He is annoyed as heck and thinks it is clobbering time. At which point Sebastian Shaw decides to accomodate him, and stands in front of the Thing. Ben clobbers Sebastian, only to realize that his blows have no effect. In fact the more he hits Seb the stronger Seb gets. Unknown to Grimm, Sebastian Shaw is getting stronger, and not only that but suffering no damage.

At this point Seb could just stand there and receive Ben's punches, or he could trade punches with Ben, or he could just have Killer Frost (who has long finished dealing with Johnny and Richard) to come and 'cool off' Ben, or Dr Midnite could throw one of his blackout bombs at Ben and make him not see.
A whole host of options at this point.

Anyways, the fight is over, and my team heads over to my headoffice to collect a fat check for a job well done. I might even throw in a bonus if they do it in under 10 minutes.

Fin.

I think Plastic Man is slightly above the durability/killability cap shifty wink

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 02:59 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: Re: Re: YOU vs the Fantastic Four

Originally posted by TheKahn
I think Plastic Man is slightly above the durability/killability cap shifty wink

Ok ...substitute PM for Elongated Man.
Same effect, and he is able to stretch for sufficient distances to accomodate IW (even though he is not able to stretch for miles like PM he should be able to encompass anything IW can offer).
Also his durability is not at the level of PM, thus that takes care of that caveat.

IF that is still not sufficient then substitute EM/PM for Dr Light. He has powerful light-based weaponry that should be able to go through IW's shield.
But I'm certain someone will say that the lasers will also go through her and not harm her (or for that matter that they may not even pass through her forcefield, which is a good point), so he has another option.
He can create very strong forcefields, thus he will simply create a forcefield around HER forcefield.
Either way she is no longer a viable participant in this fight.

Anyways, if PM is not going to work put it EM.
If EM is not going to work put in the good doctor.

IW is out of the fight, and the rest of the fight progresses as written. Either way the F4 are going down, and my team gets a bonus if they go down in less than 10 min.

(Evil laugh).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 03:11 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Re: Re: Re: Re: YOU vs the Fantastic Four

Ok ...substitute PM for Elongated Man.
Same effect, and he is able to stretch for sufficient distances to accomodate IW (even though he is not able to stretch for miles like PM he should be able to encompass anything IW can offer).
Also his durability is not at the level of PM, thus that takes care of that caveat.

IF that is still not sufficient then substitute EM/PM for Dr Light. He has powerful light-based weaponry that should be able to go through IW's shield.
But I'm certain someone will say that the lasers will also go through her and not harm her (or for that matter that they may not even pass through her forcefield, which is a good point), so he has another option.
He can create very strong forcefields, thus he will simply create a forcefield around HER forcefield.
Either way she is no longer a viable participant in this fight.

Anyways, if PM is not going to work put it EM.
If EM is not going to work put in the good doctor.

IW is out of the fight, and the rest of the fight progresses as written. Either way the F4 are going down, and my team gets a bonus if they go down in less than 10 min.

(Evil laugh).

Sounds good to me thumb up big grin

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 03:52 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

My team would consist of:

Super-Skrull
Crystal
Gorgon (Wolverine enemy)
a blank 616 Mimic

They would be able to match the FF in every area (as the Super-Skrull and Mimic would each have the power of all of the FF). They also have two powerful elementals (Crystal and Mimic) and have an easy one shot kill (Gorgon and Mimic).

Last edited by TheKahn on Apr 12th, 2006 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 03:57 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I have two people on my team and I reckon the can take the FF.

Team

Leech
Punisher

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 08:26 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

blackheath + asthma = smilesmile for me

seriously IW is a huge advantage for the FF, most of the others I can think of ways to counteract them, hell, Iron Man should give any other member of the FF a run for their money, hell, even man-thing could arguably stalemate reed and thing

thats why i likes them pollen spores, so unorthodoxed and nobody has a proper defense against them.... stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 08:52 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by inamilist
blackheath + asthma = smilesmile for me

seriously IW is a huge advantage for the FF, most of the others I can think of ways to counteract them, hell, Iron Man should give any other member of the FF a run for their money, hell, even man-thing could arguably stalemate reed and thing

thats why i likes them pollen spores, so unorthodoxed and nobody has a proper defense against them.... stick out tongue

Is the character on your sig Cthulthu?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 09:15 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Is the character on your sig Cthulthu?

nope, that is man-thing

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 09:22 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by inamilist
nope, that is man-thing

smile
Thanks for the correction.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 09:40 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

As for me...

I would have:

Bishop (So he could suck up all of the cosmic rays and make a STRONG BLAST)
Storm
Iron Spider-man
Iceman

I think my team would beat the Fantastic Four after a pretty good battle.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 09:51 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

smile
Thanks for the correction.

respect man-thing shifty

thanks for mentioning Cthulthu, its kinda wacky, with the entire mythos and what have you... had never heard of it before smile

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 10:29 PM
tsilamini

My team

Blackheath
Longshot
Domino
Lifeguard

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 10:29 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

bump...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 11:52 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrHeavySilence

Black Panther
Deathstroke
Joker (He'd just be a fun villain for the FF)
Batman

Brains over brawn...except Joker lol

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 02:21 AM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

I can't remember was Windshear banned?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 02:24 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Thunderstrike
^ You put Glom in there just so he could eat things, didn't you?

Damn straight big grin

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 02:16 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Glom is definately THE MOST RANDOM MEMBER OF THE SHI'AR GUARD!

My sigs. | Slade Explained| Respect Beta Ray |Respect Thor | Sheer idiocy

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 02:17 PM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by TheKahn
My team would consist of:

Super-Skrull
Crystal
Gorgon (Wolverine enemy)
a blank 616 Mimic

They would be able to match the FF in every area (as the Super-Skrull and Mimic would each have the power of all of the FF). They also have two powerful elementals (Crystal and Mimic) and have an easy one shot kill (Gorgon and Mimic).

I was going to pick Gorgon but i opted for GG instead , it would be too easy if he could just turn everyone to stone straight away....

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 02:20 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

it cant be done with those limitations.

your talkin about human torch, whose nova blast can destroy asteroids and entire atmospheres, n invisible woman, who regularly takes galactus's cosmic blasts and killed a celestial one and blew a whole throuhg galactus's chest.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 03:03 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

Well lets see.

My Team
Batman
Nightwing
Captain Amerca
Iron Man

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 06:55 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote