KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Edgar Alan Poe

Edgar Alan Poe
Started by: DarkRaven

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Addiction
sounds more like Soul Calibur than Edgar Allen Poe to me...

Sure does... Kilik is a soul calibur character... people who don't know what they're talking about shouldn't even post comments. Hey Justowmin you really should try the "video games forum" there's about 96,000 and something posts on that you really should go and show off there.... If you can take the challenge.....

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 06:22 PM
DarkRaven is currently offline Click here to Send DarkRaven a Private Message Find more posts by DarkRaven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JustOwnin

Originally posted by DarkRaven
Sure does... Kilik is a soul calibur character... people who don't know what they're talking about shouldn't even post comments. Hey Justowmin you really should try the "video games forum" there's about 96,000 and something posts on that you really should go and show off there.... If you can take the challenge.....

raver I accept your challenge! (now watch your thread die) smile

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 07:41 PM
JustOwnin is currently offline Click here to Send JustOwnin a Private Message Find more posts by JustOwnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Addiction

Screw that, I'm not going to let this thread die. I love Poe.
Aside from all the obvious classics, I usually list "The Oval Portrait" among my favorites. Its short and sweet, with a cool ending.
Anyone else have any favorite semi-obscure Poe stories?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 08:13 PM
Addiction is currently offline Click here to Send Addiction a Private Message Find more posts by Addiction Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

Thanx Addiction.. The fall of The House of Usher..I barelly remenber waht the was about, I haven't read it for a long time.. I really like the Cask Of Amontillado..... just it's setting and it's end is so macabre.. it's a great example of dislike and showing what one is capable of

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 06:22 PM
DarkRaven is currently offline Click here to Send DarkRaven a Private Message Find more posts by DarkRaven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poepoepoe

Death of Poe

check it out

poeshadow.com

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 01:52 PM
poepoepoe is currently offline Click here to Send poepoepoe a Private Message Find more posts by poepoepoe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Addiction

^^^^ that was the book i was talking about before

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 05:16 PM
Addiction is currently offline Click here to Send Addiction a Private Message Find more posts by Addiction Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

it is, cool! I'll check it out.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 05:28 PM
Koenig

Edgar Alan Poe the classic goth horror writer and still very enjoyable today.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 10:07 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

Of course and then you get the liitle "goth Kids" that have only ever read The Raven they're so cheesy!!!!! miffed

Old Post May 1st, 2006 06:39 PM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I love poe, and it has stopped several goth chicks from sacrificing me in the past. hahahaha

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 11:34 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

cool good luck with that did you prove to them that you've read The Raven?
Goth Chicks: We're going to sacrifice you so that we can become vampires.
Papabeard: But I know The Raven! sad
Goth Chicks: Prove it...
Papabeard: Bla bla bla "quothe the Raven Nevermore"

ha ha ha wink

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 06:25 PM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Yeah, hahahah

They were like " Now You Must perish, so we can attain immortality"

and I was like "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"

and they were like " silence peasant"

and I was like "Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words. "

and they were like " oh, satisfy our yearning o' dark master" hahahah.

Note : Use of "and I/They were Like" is ironic.

Goth girls rule.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 09:13 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

Nice stick out tongue tha was funny!

Old Post May 5th, 2006 06:22 PM
filipinogrl
i live off others secrets

I like Annabel Lee. I've read it so much I can remember the first verse.

It was many and many a year ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know,
By the name of Annabel Lee
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 01:13 AM
filipinogrl is currently offline Click here to Send filipinogrl a Private Message Find more posts by filipinogrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

yes that is a beautiful poem .......

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 08:54 PM
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:13 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Right... I like DL too, but this is an Edgar Allen Poe thread... Try not to spam it.

Back to the topic... I love Edgar Allen Poe, and my favorite of his poems is called "The Bells", and my favorite story is called "The Black Cat". This is sort of off topic, but if you like Edgar Allen Poe, I recommend another author called H. P. Lovecraft. I've heard him described as "...The 20th-century successor to Edgar Allen Poe as the master of 'weird fiction'..." If you've never heard of him, one of his more famous stories is called "The Call of Cthulhu". I suggest you read it.

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 06:41 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

Originally posted by R.F.
Right... I like DL too, but this is an Edgar Allen Poe thread... Try not to spam it.

Back to the topic... I love Edgar Allen Poe, and my favorite of his poems is called "The Bells", and my favorite story is called "The Black Cat". This is sort of off topic, but if you like Edgar Allen Poe, I recommend another author called H. P. Lovecraft. I've heard him described as "...The 20th-century successor to Edgar Allen Poe as the master of 'weird fiction'..." If you've never heard of him, one of his more famous stories is called "The Call of Cthulhu". I suggest you read it.

Sounds awsome I'll check him out but may I add that no one could ever sum up to Poe.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 04:56 AM