KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs. Jacen Solo

Yoda vs. Jacen Solo
Started by: Darth Kal-El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lightsnake

Regardless of why or how, the force's pure power was being channeled through him

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Regardless of why or how, the force's pure power was being channeled through him

And that is irrelevent, because in a duel with a Yoda he wouldnt be able to repeat the feat.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

I said it was DURING his lightshow, meaning if he was channeling the force

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Yeah, apparently LS doesn't realize that TUF is AFTER Traitor.

Second, he can't prove how Jacen being one with the force would make him strong enough to defeat Yoda even if this was in TUF.

If Jacen had all the force power in the universe in his grasp, why didn't everyone else die, as life cannot exist without the force. Everyone in the galaxy should have instantly died if Jacen had the force's full power.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

I said it was DURING his lightshow, meaning if he was channeling the force

Yes, if it was during his lightshow then no other being in the SW universe would be capable of defeating Jacen. Otherwise Jacen loses.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Yes, if it was during his lightshow then no other being in the SW universe would be capable of defeating Jacen. Otherwise Jacen loses.

Hardly. There is nothing to indicate that it made his super-uber or anything. Just strong enough to defeat Onmi, who was an untrained force-user with low potential.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Hardly. There is nothing to indicate that it made his super-uber or anything. Just strong enough to defeat Onmi, who was an untrained force-user with low potential.

If he truly was one with the force, as the book describes, then theres nothing really to it Glentract. You cant defeat the force itself...

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:23 PM
Lightsnake

...being one with the force doesn't equal power? Being part of the enrgy field encompassing all life?

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:38 PM
Great Vengeance

However, Jacen being in his lightshow form is an irrelevent hypothetical situation that has no bearing on this fight. Jacen loses, as I said in my first post.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:44 PM
Lightsnake

Agreed.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:45 PM
Lucius
Unknown

If he truly was one with the force, as the book describes, then theres nothing really to it Glentract. You cant defeat the force itself...

Spock could...

Old Post May 4th, 2006 12:58 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

And Yoda became "one with the force" in ROTJ. That doesn't mean that he gained all the power of the force. As mentioned, if he used all of the power of the force, everything else wouldn't exist. And again, all he did was defeat Onimi, a feat that's not all that impressive in the first place.

The line is never substantiated with any application to this fight. He still loses to Yoda.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:14 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Even if it were TUF Jacen Yoda would take him. I assume that this is Jacen at his peak in Traitor, which I believe is when he is surrounded by the Amphistaffs. Even then, I can see Yoda taking him.

I cant see either of them winning to be honest i say its a draw, but purplesaber your sig rocks because maul is in it i like your style

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Spock could...

....Jesus he knows not what he does

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Originally posted by Illustrious
And Yoda became "one with the force" in ROTJ. That doesn't mean that he gained all the power of the force. As mentioned, if he used all of the power of the force, everything else wouldn't exist. And again, all he did was defeat Onimi, a feat that's not all that impressive in the first place.

The line is never substantiated with any application to this fight. He still loses to Yoda.

There's a difference between joining the force in death and becoming a pure conduit while achieving a unity with the force while you're still alive...and you;'re applying a set of logic that's obviously incorrect to the Force, it's like the god of SW, there's no true way to understand it and we know what's written: Jacen channeled the full power of the Force.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:25 AM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

There's a difference between joining the force in death and becoming a pure conduit while achieving a unity with the force while you're still alive...and you;'re applying a set of logic that's obviously incorrect to the Force, it's like the god of SW, there's no true way to understand it and we know what's written: Jacen channeled the full power of the Force.

Everyone "channels" the force. In the novelization, Luke channeled the force to draw his damn saber to him in ESB. That was effective.

The fact of the matter that both lines, "becoming one with the force" and "being a conduit of its power" are not conclusive. You can twist them around all you like, but you should argue with what's there and the logical inference thereof, not what you want there to be.

It's an easy copout to say "well, you can't understand the force, therefore I'm right."

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:29 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

And not every becomes one with the force while they're alive and becomes a 'pure conduit' to its raw power.

And Jacen has a two page description of what he's done. The book says in no uncertain terms Jacen achieves a sense of oneness with the Force and channe;s the entirety of its power. He even realizes he is one with everything. He connects with everything in the galaxy on a molecular level, goes beyond life and death, good and evil, eels his consciousness strewn to every living thing in the galaxy and wields the entire power of the force as one.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:36 AM
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by Illustrious

Erm, read the book.

It describes in detail what happened, Jacen became a conduit to the force itself, which is how it acted its will(to destroy Omni and end the Vong threat). Yoda simply died and became part of the force, it isnt the same as having the force act its will.

"As mentioned, if he used all of the power of the force, everything else wouldn't exist."

O RLY? What is the basis of that observation? Jacen had no need to use the *full* power of the force, only what was needed to defeat Onimi.

I never disagreed Jacen loses to Yoda, unless Jacen just so happens to be in his *lightshow* form.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 02:40 AM
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Spock could...

Thats a given. To think otherwise, is logical fallacy.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 02:57 AM
PurpleSaber
Vaapad Master

Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
I cant see either of them winning to be honest i say its a draw, but purplesaber your sig rocks because maul is in it i like your style

big grin Gracias!

I'm so proud of myself. I made my own sig! stick out tongue

Old Post May 5th, 2006 02:16 AM
Click here to Send PurpleSaber a Private Message Find more posts by PurpleSaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote