KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku versus Mave Windu

Count Dooku versus Mave Windu
Started by: BLAK FOX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Generic Hero
KGB

Same above^,and how old was Anakin when he defeated Dooku?23 giv or take a month?How old is Mace?50?Andd up how much experience Mace has to Anakin.Anakin runs head long into battle without even thinking about a plan and is reckless and is very emotional,he lets his emotions control him(which is a weakness in itself) when he should be controlling them.Mace always keeps his emotions in check,you didn't see him fight recklessly in his fight against Sids(who is more powerful than Dooku BTW),how do you think a fight between Anakin and Mace would work out?Anakin would LOSE because he was to emotional,letting yourself get like that makes you reckless,he would lose because of his EMOTIONS.

Your whole argument is moot because:

- Anakin beat Dooku, someone with far more knowledge, experience and years than either of them. Palpatine and Dooku went toe-to-toe with someone 10x his age. Kun was in his thirties when he demolished Vodo. Age and experience =/= Power in some cases.

- Anakin isn't an idiot in RotS. He acts with complete rationale during the fight with Dooku. He acts stupid at the end, given his emotional distress (due to Padme) which will be absent in this hypothetical fight.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:36 AM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Re: Re: Count Dooku versus Mave Windu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Janus Marius
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:41 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

Originally posted by Razielim
Same above^,and how old was Anakin when he defeated Dooku?23 giv or take a month?How old is Mace?50?Andd up how much experience Mace has to Anakin.Anakin runs head long into battle without even thinking about a plan and is reckless and is very emotional,he lets his emotions control him(which is a weakness in itself) when he should be controlling them.Mace always keeps his emotions in check,you didn't see him fight recklessly in his fight against Sids(who is more powerful than Dooku BTW),how do you think a fight between Anakin and Mace would work out?Anakin would LOSE because he was to emotional,letting yourself get like that makes you reckless,he would lose because of his EMOTIONS.

Your whole argument is moot because:

- Anakin beat Dooku, someone with far more knowledge, experience and years than either of them. Palpatine and Dooku went toe-to-toe with someone 10x his age. Kun was in his thirties when he demolished Vodo. Age and experience =/= Power in some cases.

- Anakin isn't an idiot in RotS. He acts with complete rationale during the fight with Dooku. He acts stupid at the end, given his emotional distress (due to Padme) which will be absent in this hypothetical fight.
My argument isn't moot because:
1.Kun had sufficient knowledge of Sith power and alchemy and the amulet courtesy of Freedon Nadd,he DEFINATELY had more knowledge than Vodo(he even bested Vodo before he was the DLotS,and he was older knew more than Anakin right there) AND Anakin,which means your answer right here is moot.

2. I didn't call him an idiot.He only controlled his emotions BEFORE Obi-Wan was Force choked then knocked out by Dooku,then he gave into his emotions(and his hate for Dooku,says this in the ROTS novel).

Your argument is pretty much moot right here.

Last edited by D-FENS on May 7th, 2006 at 02:56 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:46 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

1.Kun had sufficient knowledge of Sith power and alchemy and the amulet courtesy of Freedon Nadd,he DEFINATELY had more experience than Vodo AND Anakin,which means your answer right here is moot.

Uh, except he only studied them for a year or so. Whereas Vodo had the entire knowledge of the Jedi Order for 600 hundred years.

he even bested Vodo before he was the DLotS

The hell? No.

2. I didn't call him an idiot.He only controlled his emotions BEFORE Obi-Wan was Force choked then knocked out by Dooku,then he gave into his emotions(and his hate for Dooku,says this in the ROTS novel).

He used his anger as a tool, not as something that'll make him run into battle like an idiot and get pwned. That's what the Sith do, use anger as a weapon. It clearly helped Anakin in that case.

Last edited by Generic Hero on May 7th, 2006 at 02:58 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:49 AM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

1.Kun had sufficient knowledge of Sith power and alchemy and the amulet courtesy of Freedon Nadd,he DEFINATELY had more experience than Vodo AND Anakin,which means your answer right here is moot.

Uh, except he only studied them for a year or so. Whereas Vodo had the entire knowledge of the Jedi Order for 600 hundred years.

He used his anger as a tool, not as something that'll make him run into battle like an idiot and get pwned. That's what the Sith do, use anger as a weapon. It clearly helped Anakin in that case.
1.I edited it,read and learn.

2.The novel contradicts your statement,he didn't use it as a tool,look when he charges Dooku near the balcony(that IS rushing head long,he was overwelmed with anger for Dooku,again from the ROTS novel),looks like the movie also contradicts your statement.

Last edited by D-FENS on May 7th, 2006 at 02:57 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:52 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Oh, so him running and jumping towards the guy means he's charging blindly into combat?! Notice how he DOESN'T get pwned there. Notice how he starts winning after that point.

And Anakin was angry, but source where it said "Overwhelmed by anger".

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:00 AM
D-FENS

Oh, so him running and jumping towards the guy means he's charging blindly into combat?! Notice how he DOESN'T get pwned there. Notice how he starts winning after that point.

And Anakin was angry, but source where it said "Overwhelmed by anger".
I said it 2 times already!THE ROTS NOVEL!(It is also in the final draft of the script) roll eyes (sarcastic) And notice how when he goes against Obi-Wan and is angry and rushes headlong and DOES get pwned.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:06 AM
Generic Hero
KGB

By source, I mean a page number or quote.

And I've covered Anakin's case on Mustafar.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:07 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

he even bested Vodo before he was the DLotS

The hell? No.

What gives you more power. Studying Ancient sith knowledge and alchemy for 1 year, or studying the petty Jedi way for 600... I'd go with the former. Kun never defeated Vodo with a single blade..

Facts, the Anti Fanboy solution

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:09 AM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by Lightsnake
Td, you seem to have a very strange obsession with me, considered seeing someone about it?

pwnage!

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:09 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

pwnage? LOL...
1. Think
2. Type
3. Repeat

And no lightsnake, I've just never seen someone who is on a forum 24/7 being wrong every single time.. It's quite amusing actually.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:10 AM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Originally posted by tdtd
pwnage? LOL...
1. Think
2. Type
3. Repeat

And no lightsnake, I've just never seen someone who is on a forum 24/7 being wrong every single time.. It's quite amusing actually.

You mean you haven't seen yourself?

Sorry but you set yourself up for that one. laughing

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

What gives you more power. Studying Ancient sith knowledge and alchemy for 1 year, or studying the petty Jedi way for 600... I'd go with the former. Kun never defeated Vodo with a single blade..

I'd say the Jedi way. I mean, if Kun studied all he had for x dozen years, he'd surpass the likes of Sadow and Kressh IMO and wtfpwn Vodo alot easier. But he could only do so much in one year. He was in a war, too, so he couldn't study all day.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:12 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
You mean you haven't seen yourself?

Sorry but you set yourself up for that one. laughing

Actually if you research before you make a stupid comment you can see that I am more right than wrong.. But ignorance is bliss.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:14 AM
D-FENS

I'll give you a quote:
"As the balcony collapsed atop Obi-Wan,Anakin gave into his anger for Dooku,and kicked him over the edge, and then followed him down."

Thats what it says in mine,right from the book's own pages.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:14 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say the Jedi way. I mean, if Kun studied all he had for x dozen years, he'd surpass the likes of Sadow and Kressh IMO and wtfpwn Vodo alot easier. But he could only do so much in one year. He was in a war, too, so he couldn't study all day.

What was Kun doing all that time on Yavin IV? Playing with himself? ALso, you don't know how much knowledge he obtained, and how much knowledge was there for him to obtain but it is VERY unlikely that it was all of Sadow's knowledge.. I still wouldn't put him anywhere near the ancient sith but above almost everybody else.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:15 AM
Generic Hero
KGB

Yeah, but my original point was that more time to study =/= more powerful.

"As the balcony collapsed atop Obi-Wan,Anakin gave into his anger for Dooku,and kicked him over the edge, and then followed him down."

Yep, and no "overwhelmed by anger". No "blinded by anger". He gave into his anger like EVERY Sith does and defeated Dooku.

Anakin was undoubtedly angry, but he was using it properly.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:18 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's an illogical way of thinking.. Time of studying in no way means more power. Sidious had less time to study than Dooku yet Sidious>Dooku. Anakin had less time to study than Obiwan yet at the end Anakin>Obiwan. It's also about potential..

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:19 AM
Generic Hero
KGB

That's what I meant -_-

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:20 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:23 AM