KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Sidious versus Mace Windu and Count Dooku

Darth Sidious versus Mace Windu and Count Dooku
Started by: BLAK FOX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

On the flip side of the coin, we should say that Sidious playing weaker than he really is suddenly negates the fact that he was disarmed and backed into a corner. His lightning could not keep Mace back in the end.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

However, that Anakin was in the room and we know Sidious wanted him, especially when Mace made it clear he was just going to arrest Sidious.
It just seems to work out a little too perfectly, especially in a world where luck and coincidences don't exist

Old Post May 7th, 2006 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

However GL says Sidious underestimated Mace and as a result, Mace overpowered him. Good try lightsnake

Facts, the Anti Fanboy solution

Old Post May 7th, 2006 12:36 AM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

No, actually GL said Mace overpowers him and then Anakin comes into the room

Old Post May 7th, 2006 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Aside from the idea of luck and coincidences not existing (Which is a debate all in itself), you are presuming one thing though: that Sidious couldn't have killed Mace Windu and still played the scenario out.

He could have said "I had to kill the jedi; they were trying to usurp power." Anakin doesn't know any better, he's still wrapped around Sidious' finger, and in any case, Anakin has already shown that he'd choose Sidious over the jedi any ways.

The main assumption for "He faked it" supporters is that Sidious needed to have everything go just like that. I disagree. From his actions against Mace Windu and his mistrust of the jedi, we already know that Anakin wouldn't have turned on Sidious if there were four dead jedi in the room. While it's very likely the case that Sidious was playing Anakin like a drum the moment he barged in, I disagree that he was able to overcome Mace Windu and save himself.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

That would be possible, but it'd still leave some things unassured: This way, Sidious knew without a doubt he had Anakin who couldn't go back. If he obliterated Mace on the window, there would be lingering doubts...he had to make Anakin realize what losing him really meant. Anakin took a step you couldn't go back from, killing Mace broke him, moreso than if Palpatine just showed him the corpses. Anakin's trust in Palpatine was already very badly shaken with the whole Sith Lord thing.

What better way to break Anakin, than to have him turn on the Jedi personally right there when he realized they were about to murder a prisoner, when Anakin tells Mace 'I need him'...Palp knows how much Padme means to Anakin and what Anakin's done in anger and desperation before, unlike Mace...and it just seems too, too perfect

Last edited by Lightsnake on May 7th, 2006 at 12:43 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2006 12:40 AM
Generic Hero
KGB

Anakin would be pissed as hell if he walked in on four Jedi corpses.

Palpy had to play on his emotions to turn him to the Dark Side. Anything else... wouldn't have worked. RotS Anakin isn't as dumb and rash as AotC Anakin. He's actually a bit headstrong at times.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

And as Palp had been lying to Ani for...over a decade, Ani may be reluctant to believe his cover story

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:27 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Janus is right and again, Sidious got overpowered and started faking after his initial sith lightning attempt went to shit, sorry lightsnake.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:46 AM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Do you time these or sometihng?

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:47 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

What do you mean time these? You're on these forums 24/7, how could I possibly time it wrong?

Generic Hero
KGB

Actually, the force fight was inconclusive.

Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Do you time these or sometihng?

Yea he does... and is your MSN messed up or something?

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Not to my knowledge, why?

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:52 AM
Lucius
Unknown

Not to my knowledge, why?

Well your online, but according to my friends list your offline. You must not be signed in.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

I'm signed in...huh, this's odd...did you block me by accident?

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:54 AM
Lucius
Unknown

I'm signed in...huh, this's odd...did you block me by accident?

Nope... that's weird.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:54 AM
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Lightsnakes logic seems to be the correct one here..

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:15 AM
Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:32 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Originally posted by tdtd
What do you mean time these? You're on these forums 24/7, how could I possibly time it wrong?

lmao.

Hell, the both of you are here more than I am.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:39 AM