KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » shimarra and 5 slayers vs yoda and 15 (may vary)arc troopers

shimarra and 5 slayers vs yoda and 15 (may vary)arc troopers
Started by: Darth Avis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

shimarra and 5 slayers vs yoda and 15 (may vary)arc troopers

I think the vong will own. if it is WTF pwnage by the vong i will make it 20 arc troops.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Three words...

F**k Vong threads.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 12:42 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

i like the vong. they rock. mad

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Avis

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

we all have our opinions. now can someone say something about the battle?

Old Post May 7th, 2006 03:28 AM
PurpleSaber
Vaapad Master

Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Three words...

F**k Vong threads.

Omg I know....

I'm so proud of myself. I made my own sig! stick out tongue

Old Post May 7th, 2006 05:05 AM
Click here to Send PurpleSaber a Private Message Find more posts by PurpleSaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Darth Avis

1) I hate the Vong. Sooo lame.

2) Slayers, which can kill Jedi with relative ease, smoosh the ARC troopers into a pulp...

Old Post May 7th, 2006 05:07 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

The Vong win easily.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 05:21 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

then i did win my bet!

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:02 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

Yoda, wins...end...

Old Post May 7th, 2006 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

shimmara is equal to if not better than yoda. when the slayers are finished hacking through arc troops they will pwn yoda back into lukes backpack.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 06:43 PM
Eminence
Boss

. . .

Or the ARC troopers do what they're created to do and blast the living sh*t out of the slayers with rocket launchers and grenades, then wait for Yoda to back away from Shimrra to do the same to him. Really, Avis, the Vong aren't that good.

In a different scenario, Yoda's agility and speed allows him to engage and manhandle the slayers on his own while the ARC troopers, being the elite, tactical warriors that they are, blow the Supreme Overlord to hell.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

slayers are very powerful and can resist lightsaber strikes. they are very fast as well, faster than arc troopers. there amphistaffs will cut right through the troops. if they do use the heavy weapons then they will kill some of there own as well.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 11:37 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Yeah, because ARC troopers don't know how to operate heavy weaponry effectively at all, right?

I agree with Fanus. Yoda hurls debris at them while the ARC troopers hold the line and blast the hell out of them. Once the Vong cover the distance, Yoda enters melee and the ARC troopers back away, retreating slowly while firing. Yoda and friends pull this off.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 12:03 AM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Clone troopers arent as good as your making them out to be, Yoda and Obi-wan owned them pretty hard. A slayer however, is more than a match for any jedi. And I dont see how anything is going to stop Shimmra, he is on the level of NJO Luke.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 02:15 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

I think that ARC troopers are somewhat better than your average clone...

Old Post May 8th, 2006 05:19 AM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Clone troopers arent as good as your making them out to be, Yoda and Obi-wan owned them pretty hard. A slayer however, is more than a match for any jedi. And I dont see how anything is going to stop Shimmra, he is on the level of NJO Luke.
Those were regular clone troopers. roll eyes (sarcastic)
ARCs are named Advanced Recon Commandos for a reason.These guys are THE elite,1 ARC (according to Insider) is better than a squad of clone commandos.

I say the ARCs overpower the Slayers with hails of heavy blaster rifle fire,reverse-polarity grenades(these explode on contact,so even if a Slayer tries to deflect it with his staff,he risks himself getting blown to pieces),PLEX missle launcher(very light and very accurate and very deadly,from what Ive read).While Yoda fights them up close and then the ARCs and Yoda team up and kill Shimarra.

(ARCs have just about every single high tech equipment ever invented,that and their elite training is why they're so dangerous.)

Old Post May 8th, 2006 06:38 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

I am just wondering, given Yoda's small size he would be able to get in close enough that Shimrra, (who is a lumbering oaf) would not be able to use his staff to its full range of motion. It might be easier for Yoda to land a decapitation than Luke.

Anyways I say the Vong take it. The troopers die faster than anything, and given the strength of a slayer, I seriously doubt that the PT guys stand a chance.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 04:38 PM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DePWNZOR

PT guys win. Yoda will be hacking at the slayers feet, while the ARC guys blow them to smithereens. I doubt Shimmra is gonna survive 15 rockets being shot at him.....

Old Post May 8th, 2006 07:49 PM
Click here to Send DePWNZOR a Private Message Find more posts by DePWNZOR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote:
slayers are very powerful and can resist lightsaber strikes.

To a degree, yeah. But I recall all but one of them being brought down by said lightsabers, so their resistance obviously comes with limits. And have you read Shatterpoint, Avis? An Akk hound is said to be virtually impregnable, lightsaber or not - a shot into its throat at point-blank range simply pissed it off. But what happened when one was hit by a missile? It's skin didn't tear apart, no, but the concussive force made a mush of its insides. Now, reduce the Akk's defenses to the visibly less protective slayers' skin, and you have some serious explosive ownage coming your way.

quote:
they are very fast as well, faster than arc troopers. there amphistaffs will cut right through the troops. if they do use the heavy weapons then they will kill some of there own as well.

Tell me again how they're going to reach the clones through a hail of blasterfire and explosive missiles. And Avis, I'm sure the elite soldiers of a galactic army are lacking in skill to the point that they can no longer operate heavy weapons.

Originally posted by zephiel7
I am just wondering, given Yoda's small size he would be able to get in close enough that Shimrra, (who is a lumbering oaf) would not be able to use his staff to its full range of motion. It might be easier for Yoda to land a decapitation than Luke.

Lumbering oaf? Not quite. Shimrra happens to amazingly fast, and his staff is over three meters long. If you've read The Unifying Force, he manages to cage Luke in with lightning lashes of his weapon, preventing him from gaining the advantage of space. I'm sure he can manage to keep Yoda occupied for a bit, but yeah, he'd probably need to work even harder to nail the little guy.

quote:
Anyways I say the Vong take it. The troopers die faster than anything, and given the strength of a slayer, I seriously doubt that the PT guys stand a chance.

I say you read the Republic series. Specifically, the Defense of Kamino and Obsession. The skill of a slayer is considerable, but ARCs are nothing short of amazing themselves. And while the Vong warriors can take a beating, they certainly won't be able to withstand a head-on collision with a missile.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote