KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Lucifer vs. Spectre.

Lucifer vs. Spectre.
Started by: Takion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LatinoStallion
Perfection

.......that TOAA may be Yahweh....

sorry TYPO

Old Post May 15th, 2006 02:53 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Ne ways that entire argument between Juntai and myself has nothing to do with Lucifer and Spectre per say. This was started in another thread "BATTLE OF GODS" i started

where it was decided by me and a few other debators, including Big Sexy, that TOAA may be Yahweh since Yahweh is a flawed character in our opinion, and TOAA theres not enough about him to debate that, TOAA probably simple IS just like Presence just IS..no charactertization done, only proof of supremecy.

Ne ways i understand what you mean. If Vertigo claims that Yahweh is perfect, then i can't argue that. HOWEVER..i'd prefer to see where VERTIGO claims this...what comic book issue, what handbook, what description? On Vertigo's main website Lucifer comics section, it says that fact no where.

So until i see for myself that Yahweh is claimed as perfection and flawless by Vertigo themselves, i along with several other skeptics will still go under the impression that he is flawed, but as close to perfection as he can possibly be.

Again its all on how you define perfection as well.
Then buy the comics and read them. You'll figure out more about Veritgo's character. Until then, don't argue what he may or may not be, or be capable of, with people who do own them. I've been telling you how the character is written. And you're trying to convince ME, that I apperently can't read and see my own comics. Because it doesn't agree what you think he SHOULD be, without even knowing how he is written and portrayed.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on May 15th, 2006 at 06:02 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:50 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Then buy the comics and read them. You'll figure out more about Veritgo's character. Until then, don't argue what he may or may not be, or be capable of, with people who do own them. I've been telling you how the character is written. And you're trying to convince ME, that I apperently can't read and see my own comics. Because it doesn't agree what you think he SHOULD be, without even knowing how he is written and portrayed.

Untrue Juntai. i do read the Lucifer titles, i may not own 52 issues but i have many, ive read the Graphic Novel Cruz, im probably AS familiar with Lucifer as I am with Dawn.

I understand how Yahweh is portrayed already, but Vertigo has not boldly stated that "YAHWEH IS PERFECTION" they have only stated that he embodies EVERY concept he created. That makes him EVERYTHING....so if he is every single concept, then he is not purely perfection.

I understand that Vertigo set up the mythos as such to MAKE it that EVEN the reader wouldn't be able to comprehend his methods/reasoning.

However, again, it is just a comic book character, they never stated he is perfect in that wording (atleast i have yet to come across when they stated so), and besides, no one, not even Vertigo can claim ANY character to be perfection since nobody in REALITY knows what perfection really is.

In all of past Literature from Shakespear uptil now, no character by any literary scholar or even english teacher has been defined as perfection, so why would a comic book "CHARACTER" be officially defined as such ?

Yes, i know, that point may be off, but everyone brings in off points, including you with your version of God.

Ne ways, Juntai, lets just end that. IT REALLY IS just our interpretations at odds, so it will go no where. Ok ?

Old Post May 15th, 2006 03:57 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

"Crux" i meant, typo

Old Post May 15th, 2006 04:22 PM