KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Firebird was going to be in X-3!

Firebird was going to be in X-3!
Started by: TheOnes2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marko
Supreme Member

i was thinkin magneto.....i mean at the end when he 'moved' the chest piece it myt not have bin b/c of his powers i dunno tho

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:40 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

It all depends on who writes/directs the (assumed) next movie but it would be a bad idea to cut out the pheonix as it has shaken up the x men pretty bad.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:44 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

yea i agree they need to show the xmen real damaged in the next film if they do one. but i dont neccessarily think that phonix would have to be bad

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:50 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

perhaps it could be on the x men's side against a really powerful villian. Apocalypse or xavier's reality-altering son? exodus and a new brotherhood maybe?

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:53 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

yea that would be cool but i think if moira is brought more into it i think we should have proteus. i think we are a bit off topic....

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:57 AM
subgenius

I think that Ratner completely fumbled the ball with Jean Grey and the entire Phoenix story. It was senseless. That was not the Phoenix of the comics for sure. And, all she did was stand around looking menacing. She was effectively a non-character in the film. X3 is a perfect example of painting with strokes that are far too broad too far-reaching. Ratner needed to pick a story and stick with it, instead he tried to tell like five stories at once. This diluted the Phoenix saga. In fact, it was not even a saga... it was a footnote.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 01:46 PM
subgenius is currently offline Click here to Send subgenius a Private Message Find more posts by subgenius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

the more reason to correct it in x4 i think

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 29th, 2006 01:48 PM
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Pict
there wasn't a coherent reason for the pheonix, I know that the movies don't follow the comics to a T but why completely change the concept? The telekinesis cocoon and split personality idea is pretty lame.
The 'cocoon' idea is from the original X-Men stories, when it was revealed that Jean Grey had survived the shuttle crash, and was sealed in a cocoon formed by the Phoenix Force. She was at the bottom of the lake/ river in New York I think, the Jean that had died was a replicated body, formed by the Phoenix force, that was Phoenix II and she apparently sacrificed herself blal blah blah.

And Phoenix pretty much was described as split personality, as two people existing inside the body, or ever three maybe {Jean, Phoenix and Dark Phoenix} Dark Phoenix being the darker more powerful side without morals. I thought that it was explained quite well, because the films are aimed for a wider audience so they couldn't really say it was a 'cosmic entity' because it wouldn't really sound as plausible as her darker side being released from the mind by her apparent 'death'. Besides if they included the 'Phoenix Force' as such, then they fan boys would all be clamouring for the Shi'ar, Firelord and all that. It would have confused things.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 02:18 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by subgenius
I think that Ratner completely fumbled the ball with Jean Grey and the entire Phoenix story. It was senseless. That was not the Phoenix of the comics for sure. And, all she did was stand around looking menacing. She was effectively a non-character in the film. X3 is a perfect example of painting with strokes that are far too broad too far-reaching. Ratner needed to pick a story and stick with it, instead he tried to tell like five stories at once. This diluted the Phoenix saga. In fact, it was not even a saga... it was a footnote.

The point was change Phoenix from being a cosmic entity into a powerful character. He wanted to make her more realistic by putting her on a more human scale. For me it worked, I loved his representation of Phoenix. I agree that it seemed like too many things were happening at once, but I think they were all handled effectively

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post May 29th, 2006 03:03 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by marvelprince
The point was change Phoenix from being a cosmic entity into a powerful character. He wanted to make her more realistic by putting her on a more human scale. For me it worked, I loved his representation of Phoenix. I agree that it seemed like too many things were happening at once, but I think they were all handled effectively

i agree. i cant look at jean the same now

Old Post May 29th, 2006 03:07 PM
soul self

I heard that on this movie or the next.that some object would be floating on top of Jeans tomb and the coffin would be empty..maybe the good phoenix will bring her back like in the cartoons and Jean would control her power now and be strong...or Dark Phoenix will control her and rage upon everyone and everything killing all.Thats just an idea though...maybe apoclypes and Dark Phoenix will fihgt for the crown on the next movie.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 05:08 AM
soul self is currently offline Click here to Send soul self a Private Message Find more posts by soul self Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Britrogue
Southern Belle

Sorry to say that the pic on the first page is a fanmade manipulation. x

If Today Was Your Last Day.......

Old Post May 30th, 2006 08:18 AM
Britrogue is currently offline Click here to Send Britrogue a Private Message Find more posts by Britrogue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soul self

Maybe their saving the firebird for the nextmovie. You only see the firbird when she uses the Phoenix Force or uses her powers at a massive level. I dont know about yall but ididnt see/hear a phoenix force cry or see her powers used massivly. Yes she used her powers at the fullist but not to where she was struggling.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 05:38 PM
soul self is currently offline Click here to Send soul self a Private Message Find more posts by soul self Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soul self

Does anyone know why Bryan Singer didn't direct X3

Old Post May 30th, 2006 05:43 PM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by soul self
Does anyone know why Bryan Singer didn't direct X3

He turned his back on the franchise so he could direct Superman Returns.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 06:11 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Fiann@
That would be a good point if Bryan Singer had actually directed X3.

It would be harder to explain Jean manifesting flames than just kind of glowing and going all veiny.
I didn't actually say if X3 should have portrayed Phoenix as a fiery for or not.

I was just stating an observation and I even said "If Bryan Singer had made X3".

So I'd say it's a good point all around.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 30th, 2006 07:42 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soul self

I think on the next x-man the DARK PHOENIX should be the villian. Cuz this phoenix was a little to nice. The next DARK PHOENIX should be ruthless like in the cartoons. Then in the end there should be a scene were (after jean destroys the dark phoenix) a powerful mutant is growing under the earth . It would be Apoclypes. then there would be an x5..

Old Post May 31st, 2006 05:44 PM
soul self

Maybe its just me but, on the cartoons the Dark Phoenix was way more evil than the one on the movie. I mean tons way more evil. Yeah Jean killed proff.x's body but thats it. The dark Phoenix would have ate his soul and claimed the lives of the rest of the x-men. Killing anything in its path. Like she says "i hungur for more destruction" she loves to kill and destroy. This Phoenix stould by most of the time. I bet anything on the next movie there will be another or dark phoenix..either the next movie or the on after..but they should make another.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 05:49 PM
LordKaos
LET KAOS REIGN!

I think they didn't give Phoenix the flame aura, so that people who don't know a lot about the Xmen would not confuse her powers with Pyro. He controls fire, she's uses fire as a power signature, then comments like "Hey I thought she could move things and read minds, now she can manipulate fire, I thought that was that Pyro guys power this movie sucks!" would arise. When she stands on the vehicle and the fire flares up behind her, it's sharp and can be likened to a beak. Dark Phoenix in the cartoon was more interested in the sensastions she got from causeing chaos, she even commented that the sensation was lessened when her opponent was weak, which explained to me why she didn't just vaporized them she was having fun, she was like a kid in an evil candy store.

Last edited by LordKaos on May 31st, 2006 at 06:12 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2006 06:07 PM
LordKaos is currently offline Click here to Send LordKaos a Private Message Find more posts by LordKaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LordKaos
I think they didn't give Phoenix the flame aura, so that people who don't know a lot about the Xmen would not confuse her powers with Pyro. He controls fire, she's uses fire as a power signature, then comments like "Hey I thought she could move things and read minds, now she can manipulate fire, I thought that was that Pyro guys power this movie sucks!" would arise. When she stands on the vehicle and the fire flares up behind her, it's sharp and can be likened to a beak. Dark Phoenix in the cartoon was more interested in the sensastions she got from causeing chaos, she even commented that the sensation was lessened when her opponent was weak, which explained to me why she didn't just vaporized them she was having fun, she was like a kid in an evil candy store.

A kid in an "evil candy store"?

What's an "evil candy store"?

Wouldn't "candy store" sufficed since you're just talking about a kid?

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 31st, 2006 09:08 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote