KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Doop and Strong Guy Questions

Doop and Strong Guy Questions
Started by: rox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Disappear
the doop-like character in the recent x-men arcs was actually named "daap," giving milligan some excuse as to using his favorite character with a poor ploy of not actually having it be doop. doop is NOT a "class five" mutant, because that terminology does not exist in the comics. it was made up specifically for x-3. it would be nice if people stopped trying to apply it elsewhere.

when havok, spelled with a k, killed daap, it was still alive. as a big ****in' ugly pile of green waste, it flew away with lorna in tow. apparently, daap is "what lorna saw" in space. which is bullshit.

strong guy is not gay. allegations of such are from people who can't tell the difference between an ultimate comic and a 616 comic, and are completely unfounded and without factual evidence to back them. he's actually heterosexual, as demonstrated multiple times in his lusts for the women around him. notable "crushes" of his include lila cheney and lorna dane, though he's had little luck with either.

what ultimate comic is strong guy in?

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 12:09 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noa
Da Funky Chicken!

Originally posted by The Pict
he is only gay in ultimate x men

ya right!???! Are you serious? I have never really taken the time to read the ultimate series, but it sounds like they really screwed up Colussus character! sick

Thanks IceJaw!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 01:01 AM
Noa is currently offline Click here to Send Noa a Private Message Find more posts by Noa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

yes I'm serious and i was unsure of reading these at first but I'm sorta new to comics so i bought the first volume and i am now up to 11. I suppose the ultimate line isn't for all but i like them ( plus i dislike colossus ). they don't beat astonishing however.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 01:06 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thorncrawler
very with the sexy W_E

all i was saying was that writers can chose differences if the wish, that is there job afterall. strong guy wasn't in ultimate collussu was and he is gay in it, a very bold and striking statment

@->--"victims arn't we all"
the glass may be half full but the bottles empty
i was with yumcarrots, now im with wicked_elphie

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 01:07 AM
thorncrawler is currently offline Click here to Send thorncrawler a Private Message Find more posts by thorncrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

i don't think characters should be changed that drastically.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 01:10 AM
thorncrawler
very with the sexy W_E

what so charactors that were created 40 odd years ago cant be updated ever

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 01:47 AM
thorncrawler is currently offline Click here to Send thorncrawler a Private Message Find more posts by thorncrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

Originally posted by Disappear
the doop-like character in the recent x-men arcs was actually named "daap," giving milligan some excuse as to using his favorite character with a poor ploy of not actually having it be doop. doop is NOT a "class five" mutant, because that terminology does not exist in the comics. it was made up specifically for x-3. it would be nice if people stopped trying to apply it elsewhere.

when havok, spelled with a k, killed daap, it was still alive. as a big ****in' ugly pile of green waste, it flew away with lorna in tow. apparently, daap is "what lorna saw" in space. which is bullshit.

strong guy is not gay. allegations of such are from people who can't tell the difference between an ultimate comic and a 616 comic, and are completely unfounded and without factual evidence to back them. he's actually heterosexual, as demonstrated multiple times in his lusts for the women around him. notable "crushes" of his include lila cheney and lorna dane, though he's had little luck with either.

thanks

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 02:28 AM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by thorncrawler
what so charactors that were created 40 odd years ago cant be updated ever

it kinda changes who they are

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 02:30 AM
thorncrawler
very with the sexy W_E

but its not suposed to be 616 universe, it think it make a refreshing change, x-men is about pregudice, homo is one of the biggest

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 02:36 AM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

fair enough i see your point

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 02:41 AM
Noa
Da Funky Chicken!

I don't. One, character wise, it is a drastic change regardless of how long he has been around. The basis for people likeing colossus was the way the autors made his personality seem to be.To make a change like that kinda sucks in my opinion.

anyways,I guess I will just avoid the ultimate series.

Thanks IceJaw!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 12:54 AM
Noa is currently offline Click here to Send Noa a Private Message Find more posts by Noa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote