KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers Movie

Transformers Movie
Started by: darth_royke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 43 44 [45] 46 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Well, as I mentioned before. Recapturing the level of nostalgia will be hard. To some fans out there, it didn't even matter if the movie was good. Just the fact that Optimus was on the big screen was enough. Now that the TF's are old news, and we all know what they look like, the next film will have to hold our attention. It'll have to be 'good'. As for that level of nostalgia I keep bringing up, well they can probably still have it linger around by introducing fan-favorite characters like Ultra Magnus and Galvatron.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 04:29 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I agree.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 01:22 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

i change my mind about Galvatron for the next movie

he should just come back as Megatron, and the Constructicons seek to make their fearless leader more powerful by building an arm-cannon(for nostalgia)

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 04:02 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Let's hope they won't have to rely on just nostalgia to keep the franchise alive.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 04:09 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Besides it looks like Megatron's cannon did make an appearance in the form of that massive extendable-taxi-driver-sprung-loaded type thing he shoots Prime through that building with. It just didn't sound like his old fusion cannon though.... sad Sounded really light and unthreatening.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 10:05 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Besides it looks like Megatron's cannon did make an appearance in the form of that massive extendable-taxi-driver-sprung-loaded type thing he shoots Prime through that building with. It just didn't sound like his old fusion cannon though.... sad Sounded really light and unthreatening.

Hahaha, yeah. I mean I remember when he used that cannon to get around in space with by shooting it downward.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 10:27 PM
stickman618

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 02:52 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Ya know, from far away, Galvatron looked like a spermy when he'd ride his cannon through space.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 04:27 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Not lots of them though in a puddle, cause thats what Megatron appeared as in the new movie. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 03:33 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Not lots of them though in a puddle, cause thats what Megatron appeared as in the new movie. stick out tongue

You didn't like movie Megatron at all?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 09:30 PM
stickman618

if you(Sadako) were an X-men fan...

you'd probably hate all 3 movies

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 02:38 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I'm sure the masses of X-Men fans were all pissed with the X-Men flicks, however let's try to not stray from the topic at hand.

lot's of people were fairy against Megatron's movie look. I for one thought they could've done alot worse. I mean, I can understand realistically speaking, a gun wouldn't fit the overall grasp of the film, but a Cybertronian jet/plane was enough. Although a mass weapons control center would've been nice similar to Galvatron which was nothing more then a massive cannon, they had to give him a way to get around. So overall, it didn't matter to me much of the decisions they made for the film.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 01:59 AM
stickman618

Megatron as a gun may have worked in the cartoon, but it wouldn't have worked in the movie

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 09:47 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Watched this on the weekend. Excellent movie although a bit chaotic at times.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 12:25 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by stickman618
Megatron as a gun may have worked in the cartoon, but it wouldn't have worked in the movie

Pretty much, I would've been like: "WTF?!" Throughout the entire movie.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 04:53 AM
stickman618

me too

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 09:19 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Scythe
You didn't like movie Megatron at all?

Nah. To much like a generic-failing-at-being-scary robotic xmas tree for my liking, didn't like the potentially-redeeming jet mode that much either.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 08:57 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by stickman618
if you(Sadako) were an X-men fan...

you'd probably hate all 3 movies

A tad presumptive there.

I liked X-men.

Although Im not hardcore on X-Men, I wouldn't have been bothered by the lack of spandex.

....But yeah, I'd be bothered about a woefully physically lacking Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut in '3' (no dissing Vinnie there, but as that Juggernaut?) and if they had changed Xavier to being a cgi rendered donkey quipping wisdom-bites in the style of a second rate Oprah, then yes. I'd be pissed.
But overall I think that, for what I know of them, I'd have respected the changes in X-men.

Incidentally, on an even more trivial note, My uncle was a long term reader and fan. He is of a discriminating nature when it comes to quality of comic book movies. And he loved the movies.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 09:07 PM
stickman618

even the third one??

interesting.

anywayz... back to the topic

where did Frenzy's parts go when he transformed??

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 09:51 AM
Scythe
The Goat

In him?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 01:37 AM