KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs 100,000 Daxamites

Superman vs 100,000 Daxamites
Started by: UniOmni

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I'm delighted to bring thoughtful scenarios for those who like to think about their battles. wink Even if I bring up what iniatially may sound as a "blasphemous" point...there is usually good reason behind it even if I don't spell it out right away.

Superman does have the strength without problem as witnessed when
physically beating Darkseid. At the very least, even "Jobberseid" is stat for stat even with Thanos. I've also never seen Thanos punch anyone across the Solar System at faster than light speeds and shake the earth when landing behind them.

Let's remember, if Supes didn't job in his comics somewhat...his title would last as long as SS series... laughing

Durability is in the eye of the beholder, fox example...lets swap enemies.

Superman vs Odin - Odin has a distinct magical advantage, given the same magical blasts used against Superman..life would indeed be a painful one for our man of steel.

Thanos vs Asmodel - This too is a magical opponent, but Thanos would not have survived the light of heaven attack due to it's nature. Given his status at the time, death would not have tried to reverse the decision against Thanos dying either.

Black Hole - This has been gone over.

Tyrant - Thanos obviously had prep on this one, Supes with the same prep would have done just as well..he does have some nice kryptonian toys as well.

He's also had trouble with Thor when facing him one on one as well as
Morg, Adam Warlock, Ka-zar...etc. Concidently, enemies that SS has fared quite well against on his own.

Against Herald powered enemies, he's shown to have used it instantly.
Against ridiculously powerful cosmic beings, it takes effort. Due to the
massive difference in speed levels, it would not be a problem to use on Thanos at all.

ya see, this is what happened on the supes v thanos thread. my GUT tells me from everything i've seen thanos should/would beat supes. but there IS a lot of evidence suggesting supes could stand up to him.

to a couple of your points -- don't forget i'm using all characters at what i perceive to be their most consistent levels, so uber high end feats don't count . . . that's more a disadvantage to supes cuz thanos doesn't have many low showings. the gem is usually what does it with adam (and adam is a totally weirded out character anyway who's own stats seem to fluctuate wildly . . .) thor HAS had some good showings, unfortunately, most were retconned and more recent showings have thanos being well above him. sad though in thor's defense he wasn't written to potential. wink

supes survived asmodel because of his nature, not durability, so i'll discount that, but supes and ss DO have some feats that seem to put them in thanos's class.

already avy, i'm not really debating this with you because we're pretty close in how we're seeing things, but you gotta answer this then: why does thanos so easily beat herald level characters and, well, any other top tier? and please don't resort to the fact that they 'job' . . . he's done it with far too much consistency for me to accept that answer. so . . . how does he do it??

(oh, and we sort of ARE on topic still . . . kinda . . . in an esoteric, spirt-of-the-thread kinda way . . . sorta . . . er . . . right.)

big grin

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 03:25 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by leonidas
ya see, this is what happened on the supes v thanos thread. my GUT tells me from everything i've seen thanos should/would beat supes. but there IS a lot of evidence suggesting supes could stand up to him.

to a couple of your points -- don't forget i'm using all characters at what i perceive to be their most consistent levels, so uber high end feats don't count . . . that's more a disadvantage to supes cuz thanos doesn't have many low showings. the gem is usually what does it with adam (and adam is a totally weirded out character anyway who's own stats seem to fluctuate wildly . . .) thor HAS had some good showings, unfortunately, most were retconned and more recent showings have thanos being well above him. sad though in thor's defense he wasn't written to potential. wink

supes survived asmodel because of his nature, not durability, so i'll discount that, but supes and ss DO have some feats that seem to put them in thanos's class.

already avy, i'm not really debating this with you because we're pretty close in how we're seeing things, but you gotta answer this then: why does thanos so easily beat herald level characters and, well, any other top tier? and please don't resort to the fact that they 'job' . . . he's done it with far too much consistency for me to accept that answer. so . . . how does he do it??

(oh, and we sort of ARE on topic still . . . kinda . . . in an esoteric, spirt-of-the-thread kinda way . . . sorta . . . er . . . right.)

big grin

Ah! But Superman's durability did play into it as he didn't instantly burn to a crisp just by touching him. In that arc, even WW and MM when touching any heavenly objects were burning and in pain. I keep it as a valid point. Let's also not forget that he had just finished moving the moon beforehand. 2 different kinds of magic, 2 different kinds of weaknesses. Both are still MAGIC weaknesses of different kinds. Supes because he doesn't understand magic, Thanos because of his moral weakness.

Thanos has far less appearances than Superman, and they aren't on earth. When he was on earth, he had problems with Kazar. We both know if Thanos had a couple of monthly titles, he would have to job quite a bit too to keep an long running ongoing series.

As for the cosmics, they do Job.
For example, why would they blast Thanos with cosmic energy? That's akin to evilstar blasting Superman with his solar energy. Why not scan and destroy any tech on Thanos being to disqualify any sudden "power ups" for instance, a simple blast from Omega that wasn't "planet destroying" by any means and Thanos had to pull out 3 shields just to survive in the addition to his costume which is also armor.

Cosmics usually try to battle him H2H, which is Supermans forte', not theirs.

For the topic itself - NOBODY should beat 100,000 daxamites. That's just ludicrous. laughing

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 03:46 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

But didn't secret files or something state a probe fought like a few thousand Daxams, and wasted them?? And then later Superman, presundip, was shredding them like paper, along with DD?? If that never happened, then i'm wrong.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 03:52 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by UniOmni
But didn't secret files or something state a probe fought like a few thousand Daxams, and wasted them?? And then later Superman, presundip, was shredding them like paper, along with DD?? If that never happened, then i'm wrong.

I remember seeing something like that, but probes, like heralds can greatly vary in power.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 03:55 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

But all the probes are mindless drones. Its not like their individuals. You have different kinds of probes, but all the same level of power within their class.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 04:02 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

i dont even know about daxamites anymore, becuase in the 1993 epic panic in the sky, when green skinned ,humanoid,creepy victorian mustache brainiac seized control of war world and was coming to destroy earth, superman recruited about 3 dozen heroes and a handul of villains, including a few from new genesis and a daxamite was there fighting.......while war world was in orbit around earth...so i was like....i thought they were weak to a yellow sun? and this dude was kicking ass like nobody's business, and he never lost power, so im like WTF with the daxamintes, does NE1 have any current info?

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 04:25 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

wasn't it their world that darkseid conrolled with a thought at one point?

and avy, we'll agree to disagree. something tells me that thanos would beat superman. his ltd (relative to superman) appearances make feat-comparison difficult, but his actions have done enough to suggest it is the case. and like i said, i don't buy the jobbing. it's too consistent. thanos does have some lower feats (you mentioned a couple) but supes has lots of lower ones too, so getting into that comparison isn't a great way to go. i do still say that t-vo may well be a way that supes could win.

as for asmodel -- i always interpretted the light as being part and parcel of his angelic nature. withstanding the light and touch were the same thing -- he resisted both because he was so 'pure'. or whatever . . .

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 05:56 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by manjaro
i dont even know about daxamites anymore, becuase in the 1993 epic panic in the sky, when green skinned ,humanoid,creepy victorian mustache brainiac seized control of war world and was coming to destroy earth, superman recruited about 3 dozen heroes and a handul of villains, including a few from new genesis and a daxamite was there fighting.......while war world was in orbit around earth...so i was like....i thought they were weak to a yellow sun? and this dude was kicking ass like nobody's business, and he never lost power, so im like WTF with the daxamintes, does NE1 have any current info?

What? confused

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 06:04 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro

what?.... to what?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 06:06 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by manjaro
what?.... to what?

I'm trying to understand that post. Were you asking if Daxamites were weak to sunlight?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 06:08 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro

well, kinda..ive always heard that they were weak to yellow sunlight and strengthned by red sunlight, also there elemental weakness, was to lead....thats where i get confused cuz i remeber in "panic in the sky" a daxamite was there taking on brainiac and the hordes of war world. and WW was in earth's orbit, meaning he was in the presence of a yellow sun, and wasnt weakned, so im like WTF...maybe i heard wrong all along

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 06:15 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Daxamites must have some sort of Kryptonian ancestry or evolved in near similar conditions to the Kryptonians.....

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 06:17 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Daxamites = Kryptonians

The single difference is Daxamites are weakened by lead instead of K-nite because the Eradicator tampered with their DNA.

Originally posted by grey fox
Daxamites must have some sort of Kryptonian ancestry or evolved in near similar conditions to the Kryptonians.....

They're both native to Krypton.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 06:17 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Ahhh....

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 06:20 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by leonidas
wasn't it their world that darkseid conrolled with a thought at one point?

and avy, we'll agree to disagree. something tells me that thanos would beat superman. his ltd (relative to superman) appearances make feat-comparison difficult, but his actions have done enough to suggest it is the case. and like i said, i don't buy the jobbing. it's too consistent. thanos does have some lower feats (you mentioned a couple) but supes has lots of lower ones too, so getting into that comparison isn't a great way to go. i do still say that t-vo may well be a way that supes could win.

as for asmodel -- i always interpretted the light as being part and parcel of his angelic nature. withstanding the light and touch were the same thing -- he resisted both because he was so 'pure'. or whatever . . .

No problem. It's all in fun. big grin

Depending on the circumstances, victory could tip to either one.
It really doesn't matter that they both have high and low moments, but what matters is that they have COMPARABLE high's and lows... and that is what I'm reffering to and what matters in the end.

For Asmodel, the burning touch is due to his being from a much higher plane of being/existence. Matter on our plane is basically destroyed on contact with spiritual energy. The light is related to that, but is different since it is basically "Judgement" and goes a lot deeper.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 07:04 PM
manjaro

cool sig avalon,,, who is tthat?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 07:07 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

It's our buddy Hank Henshaw...who's returned this month to haunt the GL's.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 07:10 PM