KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Why so little fanfiction?

Why so little fanfiction?
Started by: littleredhat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Probably, Namor's would be an open title, or you could probably take over the Alternate imprint Avengers, or make an X-Verse Namor title.

Now seeing Namor interact within the X-men...laughing

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 08:42 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I used to write cross-over stories between superheros. Then I did a few Batman short stories...lately I just have pretty much abandoned the fan fics...concentrated more on improving my drawings...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 10:55 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

quote:
Now seeing Namor interact within the X-men...

Haha, you could if you wanted, but X-Verse is a full imprint, X-Men was just the first title in that imprint and Gary didn't know what to call that line of continuity. For instance, I write Avengers in that line and it's completely self contained from the X-Men.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 04:12 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Haha, you could if you wanted, but X-Verse is a full imprint, X-Men was just the first title in that imprint and Gary didn't know what to call that line of continuity. For instance, I write Avengers in that line and it's completely self contained from the X-Men.

Oh kinda like X-men evolution where theirs no other superheroes ?

Or do you mean your story only focuses on the avengers and doesn't mention any other hero's ?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 06:58 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

My stories focus on the Avengers, and I use other heroes and villains but I keep it seperate from X (mostly, I have Angel as an Avenger). That line of continuity is called X-Verse because the EiC didn't know what else to call it, and the starting point for that continuity hinged on an X-Men storyline.

http://www.avengersreborn.alteredvisions.org/xverse.htm

Check it out. Fantastic Four and Spider-Man are open titles, and you can submit ideas for any other character you wish, even just do a couple one shots, Gary, the EiC is a bit shy sometimes, he doesn't know how to drum up support or new writers, so anyone can really come in and with a good idea he'll give you the greenlight. No strings attached, you could simply say "I want to do a Spider-Man one shot, or a So-and-So oneshot" if you wanted.

My Avengers are really weird. I started off with a huge lineup and pared it down. Currently, I have the Human Torch (Jim Hammond), James Rhodes using the Dr. Spectrum crystal, Warbird, Vision, Darkstar, Angel and Black Cat. It starts off after Avengers #25 volume 3 (Busiek) more or less. The regular roster went on vacation or everyone had other business, and some strange shit happened.

Angel and Black Cat had been offered membership before in volume 1 at certain points and had been notable associates so they aren't much of a stretch. Rhodes was given the Spectrum crystal by a Thor stand in (Red Norvell) and I'll be getting into the Spectrum business later. Right now they're fighting the Mandarin and a load of other badguys and Jack Frost has just returned under the Mandarin's thrall. So it's fun stuff, I hope.

I would urge everyone to stop on by and visit the message board and whatnot. We have three lines of continuity:

World Without Heroes: this happens after Onslaught, all the heroes that were lost have stayed lost and the world is trying to cope with that. Check out the SHIELD series.

X-Verse: I've spoken about this above, it currently has my Avengers and a couple issues of X-Men and has loads of open characters.

Alternate: This houses stuff like Exiles, Guardians of the Universe and whatnot. It also has more traditional titles like a second Avengers, Fantastic Four, Excalibur, Ultimates and whatnot. You can basically tell whatever stories you want here, taking off from What If realities, or future stuff, or if there's just no place in any of the other imprints for it.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 06:13 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

My stories focus on the Avengers, and I use other heroes and villains but I keep it seperate from X (mostly, I have Angel as an Avenger). That line of continuity is called X-Verse because the EiC didn't know what else to call it, and the starting point for that continuity hinged on an X-Men storyline.

http://www.avengersreborn.alteredvisions.org/xverse.htm

Check it out. Fantastic Four and Spider-Man are open titles, and you can submit ideas for any other character you wish, even just do a couple one shots, Gary, the EiC is a bit shy sometimes, he doesn't know how to drum up support or new writers, so anyone can really come in and with a good idea he'll give you the greenlight. No strings attached, you could simply say "I want to do a Spider-Man one shot, or a So-and-So oneshot" if you wanted.

My Avengers are really weird. I started off with a huge lineup and pared it down. Currently, I have the Human Torch (Jim Hammond), James Rhodes using the Dr. Spectrum crystal, Warbird, Vision, Darkstar, Angel and Black Cat. It starts off after Avengers #25 volume 3 (Busiek) more or less. The regular roster went on vacation or everyone had other business, and some strange shit happened.

Angel and Black Cat had been offered membership before in volume 1 at certain points and had been notable associates so they aren't much of a stretch. Rhodes was given the Spectrum crystal by a Thor stand in (Red Norvell) and I'll be getting into the Spectrum business later. Right now they're fighting the Mandarin and a load of other badguys and Jack Frost has just returned under the Mandarin's thrall. So it's fun stuff, I hope.

I would urge everyone to stop on by and visit the message board and whatnot. We have three lines of continuity:

World Without Heroes: this happens after Onslaught, all the heroes that were lost have stayed lost and the world is trying to cope with that. Check out the SHIELD series.

X-Verse: I've spoken about this above, it currently has my Avengers and a couple issues of X-Men and has loads of open characters.

Alternate: This houses stuff like Exiles, Guardians of the Universe and whatnot. It also has more traditional titles like a second Avengers, Fantastic Four, Excalibur, Ultimates and whatnot. You can basically tell whatever stories you want here, taking off from What If realities, or future stuff, or if there's just no place in any of the other imprints for it.

Hmmm .. i may check it out Although I do write on FF net)

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 08:01 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yeah, I'm not a big FF.net fan, it's just too broad. There's everything and anything. I wouldn't consider AvengersReborn restrictive, it just provides a community and set up. It's a different atmosphere than FF.net to be certain, but I've enjoyed it.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 08:39 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Yeah, I'm not a big FF.net fan, it's just too broad. There's everything and anything. I wouldn't consider AvengersReborn restrictive, it just provides a community and set up. It's a different atmosphere than FF.net to be certain, but I've enjoyed it.

I understand what you mean , also the Yaoi fangirls their are ridiculous....

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 08:42 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yeah, I don't know why Moses bothered with the Ten Plagues of Egypt when he could have just let loose Yaoi fangirls upon the Pharaoh.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 08:48 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

So anyone else have ruminations on the art of fanfiction?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 02:50 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Well i enjoy writing drabbles....

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 02:53 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

As the Bard said "Brevity is the soul of wit."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 06:36 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Probably, Namor's would be an open title, or you could probably take over the Alternate imprint Avengers, or make an X-Verse Namor title.
Cool. big grin

I'll probably try in a week. smile

Would it be possible to write some kind of Defenders?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:01 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Defenders is an open title in all three imprints. There was an ongoing series, but the guy ran out of steam and just had it pulled since he was only a couple issues into it.

There's already a logo and stuff set up in the World Without Heroes imprint. I think a Defenders of Champions series would be sweet if they used all copycat heroes. The Avengers are gone, so we get the also-rans. With a team like:

U.S.Agent and/or Battlestar
Goliath (Bill Foster)
Ant-Man (Scott Lang) and/or Yellowjacket (Rita de Mara)
War Machine or some other armored hero
Red Norvell or some other Thor stand in, Dargo Ktor might make an interesting story, I just don't think Beta Ray Bill would fit though. Same powers and all, but his personality and origin is just too cosmic.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:14 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Defenders is an open title in all three imprints. There was an ongoing series, but the guy ran out of steam and just had it pulled since he was only a couple issues into it.

There's already a logo and stuff set up in the World Without Heroes imprint. I think a Defenders of Champions series would be sweet if they used all copycat heroes. The Avengers are gone, so we get the also-rans. With a team like:

U.S.Agent and/or Battlestar
Goliath (Bill Foster)
Ant-Man (Scott Lang) and/or Yellowjacket (Rita de Mara)
War Machine or some other armored hero
Red Norvell or some other Thor stand in, Dargo Ktor might make an interesting story, I just don't think Beta Ray Bill would fit though. Same powers and all, but his personality and origin is just too cosmic.

Your right their , Bill isn't Thor lite....He's Thor eXtreme .

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:19 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Haha, I love Bill, can't wait for his new ongoing. But he just doesn't fit into the same kind of stories that Thor can. Dargo would offer a more fantastical element, but is still a bit more grounded. Red Norvell would be sweet, I wish they did more with him in the actual comics. He was a cameraman doing a piece on Asgard, Loki tricked him into trying on Thor's belt and gloves, transformed him into a Thor-form, later Odin adopted Norvell when Thor fell out of favor.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 09:00 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Re: Why so little fanfiction?

Originally posted by littleredhat
Why is it that of all the forms of media such as anime/manga,tv,movies,music american comic books have the least fanfiction?

I mean seriously comics fans write the fewest fan stories. Why?

Are Superhero fans less creative? Is it simply a fact that females(the majority of fanfic authors) make up such a small group of comic fans?

Or is it that comics just don't have as large a fanbase as say anime?

I would love to read some good fanfics about my favorite comics but for the life of me I can't seem to find more than a handfull. And out of those only a few are even readable.

So whear are all the comic fanfics? Why are there so few?

My story, which is in my sig, contains many movies and comic book characters and other things. People say its funny.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 09:06 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

I wrote one a little while ago in an AU about a marvel version of Task Force X...

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 11:34 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

So, uh...bump.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 05:55 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Sent a submission e-mail to the site owner in Avengers Reborn. smile

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 06:08 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote