KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Joker vs. Spider-man

The Joker vs. Spider-man
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Might be a good challenge since spidey doesnt know whats going on.
Spidey in no moron. He is one of the smartest heroes around. And yes he has beaten greater/smarter foes before. He has had mad men throw explosives/projectiles at him before. It wont be nothing new. He wont get snuck up on(spidey sense).
I mean hes taken on the Sinister 6, frightfull four, ect.
Joker would NOT be more of a threat than that.
Spidey wins. 8,9/10

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 07:45 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caine607

quote: (post)
Originally posted by who?-kid
Joker is an overrated skinny man who should be dead a long time ago. Spider-Man is one of the top heroes in the Marvel Universe for a reason.

Anybody who thinks Joker will win, is fooling himself. I have no problem admitting that the Joker with prep time will give Spider-Man a run for his money, but Spider-Man has faced much greater challenges than "the Joker."
Joker is no more over rated than batman is....and if joker 5 days to setup a solid plan i thank he can take it 7/10

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 07:46 PM
Caine607 is currently offline Click here to Send Caine607 a Private Message Find more posts by Caine607 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Inhuman
Might be a good challenge since spidey doesnt know whats going on.
Spidey in no moron. He is one of the smartest heroes around. And yes he has beaten greater/smarter foes before. He has had mad men throw explosives/projectiles at him before. It wont be nothing new. He wont get snuck up on(spidey sense).
I mean hes taken on the Sinister 6, frightfull four, ect.
Joker would NOT be more of a threat than that.
Spidey wins. 8,9/10

Co-signed.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:00 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

...JOKER WOULDN'T EVER ENCOUNTER SPIDER-MAN.

Simply, hes smart enough to know that if he entered the same area as Spider-Man, he'd go down. So he'd set up a plan which didn't require him to be there.

This ISN'T a slugfest between the two.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:12 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Some SERIOUS underestimation of the Joker going on here. no

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:19 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Private Pion
...JOKER WOULDN'T EVER ENCOUNTER SPIDER-MAN.

Simply, hes smart enough to know that if he entered the same area as Spider-Man, he'd go down. So he'd set up a plan which didn't require him to be there.

This ISN'T a slugfest between the two.

If batman can take out joker, it wont be that much of a challenge for spidey to do it.
Spidey>Batman>Joker cool
Like I said Spidey has taken on Evil planning before. (Doc ock>Jokes) Nothing new for him.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jun 16th, 2006 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:22 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Inhuman
If batman can take out joker, it wont be that much of a challenge for spidey to do it.
Spidey>Batman>Joker cool
Like I said Spidey has taken on Evil planning before. (Doc ock>Jokes)

Not really. no Joker is every bit Batman's equal in terms of intelligence. He might even be smarter than Batman. The guy is synical, relentless, and just an all around nut job. Batman has to defeat Joker because there has to be a contrast between good and evil. Joker has outsmarted Lex Luthor before, and has held the world ransom God knows how many times. He is a serious threat, and Batman of course beats him in a physical h2h match, but if Batman didn't have any idea of what Joker was up to? Man, Joker is SEVERLY underestimated here, especially considering Joker has FIVE days of prep, and Spider-man has no clue what Joker is about. Batman has experience as to how Joker's mind works, Spidey doesn't. HELL NO Doc Ock is smarter than Joker. no This is what I mean by severe underestimation of the Joker going on here. With prep, Joker takes over Gotham, and Spider-man is unable to take him to jail.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:28 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by batdude123
Some SERIOUS underestimation of the Joker going on here. no

Agree.

I dont think Spidey would take Joker as a threat. At least not before the Spidey sanse goes off. Like Pion said, this isnt a slugfest and Joker is highly intelligent as well.

I am leading more towards Spiderman though slightly.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:29 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

Joker just sets up a plan which goes through the motions while he sips iced mocas in California.

Its the sort of thing he'd do.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:31 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Joker just sets up a plan which goes through the motions while he sips iced mocas in California.

Its the sort of thing he'd do.

Exactly. This isn't a h2h fight between the two. Joker has been planning for five days.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:32 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Explain how Joker would beat spiderman?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:36 PM
Private Pion

Joker's plan (Because this thread is about THAT, not a fight between the two) would be too much for Spider-Man, and he'd have escaped justice.

Thats how.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:38 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

However, if Spider-man did have in mind what Joker was up to, he would thwart Joker's plans. Although, Spider-man doesn't have any idea what the Joker would be up to. That's what makes Joker so dangerous. Batman knows exactly how Joker's mind works because he has delt with that crazy lunatic more times than I can count. Spider-man just doesn't have the luxury of being experienced with Joker's plans. When Batman has time to study what the Joker is up to, that's when he rocks him. rock However, give Batman prep and Joker none, it would be the same situation. Wow...... off topic. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:40 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Spiderman has only dealt with calm well demenored villains?
come on. Now Spideys villains are being underestimated here. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:42 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Joker's plan (Because this thread is about THAT, not a fight between the two) would be too much for Spider-Man, and he'd have escaped justice.

Thats how.

That's the thing I always HATE about prep on this site. "How would batman beat out the Phoenix force, even WITH two days prep?"

"He's Batman. He'll have a plan."

Look at the Joker's past plans, all the evidence that is in the comics, and tell me what sort of thing he would set up that would manage to take out Spiderman.

MAYBE he'll be able to escape, since Parker isn't much of a detective, but I don't see Peter not stopping the plan. Gas? Spider man's mask filters it out. Explosives? Yeah...those ALWAYS work against Spiderman. Razor-sharp playing cards? Not unless you're bullseye, AND spiderman is tied up.

Meh. I don't see what the Joker will do to put Spiderman down. Will Spiderman necessarily CATCH him? Maybe, maybe not, but the Joker sure as hell won't be able to kill him.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:42 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds like an old fasioned comicbook story. Joker will kidnap somebody. Spider-man will find him, kick some asses and save the day.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:43 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by batdude123
Exactly. This isn't a h2h fight between the two. Joker has been planning for five days.

The people who say Joker is overrated are clueless....Spiderman is far more overrated. "OOh-OooH he can shoot web and trap his enemies lolololol"

First and foremost...Joker is a chemist...It won't take long to for him to figure the formula which PP uses on his web. Thus web is useless in the attack. If you then go with "speed and and strength" is even worse. Joker would NEVER take on superhero...he is way too aware of this...setting up a trap and catching Spidey is how the Joker works. Also I hope you guys don't come with "oh! Spidey won't be fool so easily" That's just ludicrous. He's been trapped too many times in the past. So is lights out for the web slinger.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

sam seeing as your not understanding on icq brb means be right back ok

oh and spidey 7/10

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:44 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

Originally posted by Soljer
That's the thing I always HATE about prep on this site. "How would batman beat out the Phoenix force, even WITH two days prep?"

"He's Batman. He'll have a plan."

Look at the Joker's past plans, all the evidence that is in the comics, and tell me what sort of thing he would set up that would manage to take out Spiderman.

MAYBE he'll be able to escape, since Parker isn't much of a detective, but I don't see Peter not stopping the plan. Gas? Spider man's mask filters it out. Explosives? Yeah...those ALWAYS work against Spiderman. Razor-sharp playing cards? Not unless you're bullseye, AND spiderman is tied up.

Meh. I don't see what the Joker will do to put Spiderman down. Will Spiderman necessarily CATCH him? Maybe, maybe not, but the Joker sure as hell won't be able to kill him.

Who said anything about the plan being specifcally about killing Spider-man?

Joker makes a giant explosive in the shape of a balloon animal, launches it from the edge of Gotham heading towards the center. And thus, Spider-Man would have to stop it, while goons hired by Joker worked to stop him, while about fifty failsafe devices ALSO cause problems for Spider-Man.

All while Joker watches on live cable, enjoying a back rub.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:47 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The people who say Joker is overrated are clueless....Spiderman is far more overrated. "OOh-OooH he can shoot web and trap his enemies lolololol"

First and foremost...Joker is a chemist...It won't take long to for him to figure the formula which PP uses on his web. Thus web is useless in the attack. If you then go with "speed and and strength" is even worse. Joker would NEVER take on superhero...he is way too aware of this...setting up a trap and catching Spidey is how the Joker works. Also I hope you guys don't come with "oh! Spidey won't be fool so easily" That's just ludicrous. He's been trapped too many times in the past. So is lights out for the web slinger.

DAMN STRAIGHT! yes

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:51 PM