KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » No Respect

No Respect
Started by: MJOILNIR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MJOILNIR

No Respect

Which characters used here in the VS. forum get the least respect considering the scope of thier powers. Im gonna say Hercules is a prime example. He lifted the entire city of Manhatten. One of the very best strength feats ever in marvel, plus one of the very best hand to hand fighters in Marvel and poor ol' Herc' gets no respect from anyone.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 07:09 PM
MJOILNIR is currently offline Click here to Send MJOILNIR a Private Message Find more posts by MJOILNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milkie

Captain Marvel & Black Adam

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 07:10 PM
Milkie is currently offline Click here to Send Milkie a Private Message Find more posts by Milkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Re: No Respect

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Which characters used here in the VS. forum get the least respect considering the scope of thier powers. Im gonna say Hercules is a prime example. He lifted the entire city of Manhatten. One of the very best strength feats ever in marvel, plus one of the very best hand to hand fighters in Marvel and poor ol' Herc' gets no respect from anyone.

That was a fable....

THINK. Why would he LIFT the entire POPULATED city of Manhattan, home to several million people and THROW it at Thor?

Don'tcha think that's a bit evil?

And please, Hercules gets alot of respect here. Especially with Olympian.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 07:15 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MJOILNIR

I dont think he does. Probably 80% of the vs battles he's in he gets bashed for no versatility. As far as fables we are talking about comic books, thier all fables. I know the story behind the issue, Im just useing it for kicks, he is suppose to be a bit stronger than Thor at base level and we have seen some of his feats. The midgard serpant and world engine.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 07:30 PM
MJOILNIR is currently offline Click here to Send MJOILNIR a Private Message Find more posts by MJOILNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by MJOILNIR
I dont think he does. Probably 80% of the vs battles he's in he gets bashed for no versatility. As far as fables we are talking about comic books, thier all fables. I know the story behind the issue, Im just useing it for kicks, he is suppose to be a bit stronger than Thor at base level and we have seen some of his feats. The midgard serpant and world engine.

No. I mean LITERALLY. It was a fable. A made-up story told by Hercules to some snot-nosed kid. Hercules would never throw a populated city of millions just to win a duel at Thor even if he possessed the strength.

Hercules doesn't possess much versatility. It's pretty much fact. He has great strength, durability and exceptional fighting skills. But that's pretty much it. Like Thing, Colossus, and Luke Cage, he's meant to be a tank.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 07:38 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

Martian Manhunter. Everyone forgets he even without his mental abilites he is a force to be reckoned with.

Captain Marvel. Everyone forgets he can take wicked punishment and deal out just as much. He just got DUSTY after 100 tons of TNT went off all around him and thats more strength than a moderate nuke.

More that'll come to me later.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 07:43 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Batman in some ways lately. Some people here think Cyclops can match him in combat.

Nightwing is highly underrated.

Daredevil.

Green Lantern.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 07:45 PM
Private Pion

Originally posted by Draco69

Nightwing is highly underrated.

Oh, thats one I was about to say. Someone had him matched up against Jubilee, with Nightwing fully armed.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 07:48 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MJOILNIR

I know it was a fable, he was telling a story. He did in a comic drag manhatten and a shield heli-carrier. Like I said I know what it was about. I said I used it for kicks.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 07:52 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Plastic Man. Constantly. Dude's way more than comic relief....and yes, for the 20th time, he's stretchier than Reed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 08:12 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Plastic Man. Constantly. Dude's way more than comic relief....and yes, for the 20th time, he's stretchier than Reed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And he doesn't freeze in space. *Glare.*

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 08:19 PM
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

id say aquaman but i think alot of people are starting to understand him and show him more respect

Alan Scott Respect Tread KMC AntiMatter Corps: Yellow Dawning Sea Kings Sigs

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:10 PM
AQUA-MARINER is currently offline Click here to Send AQUA-MARINER a Private Message Find more posts by AQUA-MARINER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Juggernaut, people don't realize he's more then just a walking avatar.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:12 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

Captain Atom. Everyone sees him in Batman/Superman and assumes he's a bottom stringer. Even when they see him actually written well in Armegeddon they start talking about changed powers when the writers says they haven't and no one in the comics says they have.

Silly billies.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:12 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Soleran
Juggernaut, people don't realize he's more then just a walking avatar.

Oh trust me....I do shifty

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:20 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

That was a fable....

THINK. Why would he LIFT the entire POPULATED city of Manhattan, home to several million people and THROW it at Thor?

Don'tcha think that's a bit evil?"

In that issue the whole part of the figth between Herc and Thor was exageratted. Herc and Jarvis tell us as much.

People often confuse the two feats.

Dragging Manhattan with a chain = Happened.

Lifting Manhattan to beat Thor = Didnt.

Last edited by olympian on Jun 30th, 2006 at 09:29 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:25 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

[
That was a fable....

Don'tcha think that's a bit evil?

In that issue the whole part of the figth between Herc and Thor was exageratted. Herc and Jarvis tell us as much.

People often confuse the two feats.

Dragging Manhattn with a chain = Happened.

Lifting Manhattan to beat Thor = Didnt.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:26 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Dang error again!

pirate

Btw Draco. Whoever said Cyclops could match Batmans figthing skills?

Thats nutso to the extreme.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:27 PM
-K-M-

At first I would have said Alpha Flight, but now majority know you don't mess with them smile

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:38 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

Originally posted by King_Mungi
At first I would have said Alpha Flight, but now majority know you don't mess with them smile

I don't even know who they are. But I bet Spider-Man or Cyclops could beat them!!!!!!!oneone!!!LOL OMGWTFBBQROFL

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:39 PM