KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Duke Nukem Vs. Master Chief

Duke Nukem Vs. Master Chief
Started by: Milkie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 13 14 [15]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Dark... I'm not going into a quotefest again over this....

I would agree to a mid-level bitween the books and the games though... I don't mind that, but to immediately pick the very highest end showing and stick with it is bad form.
It's no different than balancing the showings with all forms of SF media. You don't just use the top of top showings, because they'd be like gods.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 03:00 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
It's no different than balancing the showings with all forms of SF media. You don't just use the top of top showings, because they'd be like gods.
HAHAHAHA!!!!

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 08:36 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by DarkC
I don't think it's up to you to judge whether sticking with a concept found in a perfectly legitimate book is 'bad form' or not.

As long as it is included in the book, I'll use it. Simply because it was not displayed in the games doesn't mean that it shouldn't be taken as seriously.

Thats exactly why it shouldn't be used...

Not all games get other media coverage, so we simply use literacy or movies orother media to trounce them despite the fact that this forum wasintended to debate video game characters as they are rather than relying on outside media?

It's no different that going non-canon in a very literal sense.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2007 10:27 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Thats exactly why it shouldn't be used...

This is an objective matter, Darkstorm.

‘Should’ be or ‘shouldn’t’ be isn’t objective, it’s opinionated. Whatever your opinion is, it is moot; Bungie approved and babysat everything having to do with not only the games, but the books too and the movie as well.

If they endorse it in that manner, it is legitimate and can be used. No denying that.
quote:
Not all games get other media coverage

Precisely, because they don’t choose to.

They either are successful enough or lazy or not zealous of their creations or something.
Whatever their reasoning is, they don’t provide outside media such as books or movies because everything is already explained in the games. Background is there, character originality, the whole package.

On the other hand, the Halo universe, as well explained as it is, doesn’t have enough background to be able to merit a specific universe. It leads to generalization. Where’d the Chief come from? His armor? His abilities? The Covenant? The games don’t answer that. The books do, and Bungie published them with that as a reason.
quote:
so we simply use literacy or movies orother media to trounce them

No we don’t, Darkstorm. You don’t seem to be getting it.

The books don’t ‘trounce’ the games. They explain some background info, abilities, other adventures and etc. They’re supposed to make the games more clear, if anything.

The games spawned the books. Not the other way around.
[quote]Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
despite the fact that this forum wasintended to debate video game characters as they are rather than relying on outside media?
You have it wrong, Darkstorm.

This forum was intended to debate video game characters as they are, in games and whatever other sources of media they happen to appear in as well. Chief originated in a video game, that’s all he needed to participate in a debate here.

Nowhere does it say that you can only use in-game abilities in a debate. Negating literature and film here is downright silly. Try not to be so narrow-minded.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 10:04 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkC
This is an objective matter, Darkstorm.

‘Should’ be or ‘shouldn’t’ be isn’t objective, it’s opinionated. Whatever your opinion is, it is moot; Bungie approved and babysat everything having to do with not only the games, but the books too and the movie as well.

If they endorse it in that manner, it is legitimate and can be used. No denying that.

Precisely, because they don’t choose to.

They either are successful enough or lazy or not zealous of their creations or something.
Whatever their reasoning is, they don’t provide outside media such as books or movies because everything is already explained in the games. Background is there, character originality, the whole package.

On the other hand, the Halo universe, as well explained as it is, doesn’t have enough background to be able to merit a specific universe. It leads to generalization. Where’d the Chief come from? His armor? His abilities? The Covenant? The games don’t answer that. The books do, and Bungie published them with that as a reason.

No we don’t, Darkstorm. You don’t seem to be getting it.

The books don’t ‘trounce’ the games. They explain some background info, abilities, other adventures and etc. They’re supposed to make the games more clear, if anything.

The games spawned the books. Not the other way around.

You have it wrong, Darkstorm.

This forum was intended to debate video game characters as they are, in games and whatever other sources of media they happen to appear in as well. Chief originated in a video game, that’s all he needed to participate in a debate here.

Nowhere does it say that you can only use in-game abilities in a debate. Negating literature and film here is downright silly. Try not to be so narrow-minded.
You explained that very well.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 03:23 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

He made some good points. They should be as they are, but only canonically so.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 08:40 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
He made some good points. They should be as they are, but only canonically so.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 08:57 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Looking back on this... I can see I was being hotheaded... and more likely wrong than right...

My apollogies DarkC, in hindsight, I guess I lost my cool

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 10:00 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaRk Lotus
king of the underworld

Duke Nukem **** halo

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 07:01 PM
DaRk Lotus is currently offline Click here to Send DaRk Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by DaRk Lotus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Master chief

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 01:14 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Looking back on this... I can see I was being hotheaded... and more likely wrong than right...

My apollogies DarkC, in hindsight, I guess I lost my cool

It's all good.

No worries, I've had worse hotheads. At least you have the sense to come back and reflect on it.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 05:31 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote