KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Bring back the old search function when it actually was better...and worked

bring back old search function
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes 11 52.38%
no 5 23.81%
yes 3 14.29%
no 2 9.52%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bring back the old search function when it actually was better...and worked
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deano

Smile Bring back the old search function when it actually was better...and worked

anyone agree

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 08:56 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

It's working fine for me, i know its a little different but we'll get used to it.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 09:38 PM
Keith Talent is currently offline Click here to Send Keith Talent a Private Message Find more posts by Keith Talent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

NO!!!

this one IS working.
the last one was having all the common words crap and this one is not saying I'm a common word. happy so fine by me

btw> in the black skin the way it looks is a bit complicated embarrasment it took me two days to understand how it works

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 10:57 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

ive tryed it. its rarely accurate

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 08:09 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

Perhaps you need to check your spelling.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 08:19 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deano
ive tryed it. its rarely accurate
The new search engine is actually more accurate than the old one, since it allows any size characters - includings characters less than 3, which the previous didn't.

The search is also based on fact and ordered by date. So if you search for "deano" it will return ALL posts that contained that term. It will not drop any posts.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 08:49 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

who voted yes and didn't post ninja

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 11:36 AM
Keith Talent is currently offline Click here to Send Keith Talent a Private Message Find more posts by Keith Talent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WillUEvrGiv^
Stealthing to you

Current one works fine for me.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 10:40 AM
WillUEvrGiv^ is currently offline Click here to Send WillUEvrGiv^ a Private Message Find more posts by WillUEvrGiv^ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

You can't search for threads in the new one, though.

Therein lies its inferiority to the old one, in my opinion. erm

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 09:54 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by H. S. 6
You can't search for threads in the new one, though.

Therein lies its inferiority to the old one, in my opinion. erm

yes, Don't mods usually tell you to search for Duplicate threads before posting a new one?

Can't do that Very easily now.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 10:11 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

so what? the old one wasn't searching up stuff anyway erm

and Raz said he'll add the thread option soon.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 10:11 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...573#post6874573

That post explains how to best use the new search engine.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 10:17 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Clovie
Raz said he'll add the thread option soon.

Didn't know that. erm

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 10:26 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I want the old Search feature to come back. I seriously despise this new one. On two separate occasions, I looked for and existing thread, one in the DVD forum and the other in the Comic Book VS. Forum, and wasn't yielded any results. So, naturaly, I made new threads. Turns out, both threads already existed, and I was made to look like an ass.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 06:15 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Lana
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...573#post6874573

That post explains how to best use the new search engine.

Read the post I linked in there.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 06:23 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I have. I tried, numerous times, to use that in my search, but I got nothing. I dont know if Im doing anything wrong.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 07:15 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The 'title:' is the best way. Just type 'title:words you think are in the title' and you should be able to find what you're looking for.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 07:29 AM
Impediment
Endless

For example, if I wanted to find a thread, say, in the Video Games forum of Resident Evil 3. I'd type "title: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis"? Actually use "title" in the search?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 07:36 AM
Peach
mordrem

Type in "title:resident evil" and it'll find all RE threads.

It gets tricky with doing very specific title searches, due to misspellings and people not using full names for thread titles and stuff, so just use a word or two that you think would be in the title.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 07:44 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

If you want to use multiple words in a field search you should surround them with parenthesis i.e. the search you want is: title: (Resident Evil 3 Nemesis)

You have to remove the colon as it would be hard to distinguish it from a field search.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 06:19 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote