KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Her Full Name

Her Full Name
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dim
Creativity

Yes..plus your name becomes a big part of you..regardless of linkage to birth.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 12:16 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I agree with RC. Even though Leia's birth parents were dead (or at least both thought to be) and her adoptive were destroyed with Alderaan, she would have kept her adoptive name. There just would have been no positive reason to change it.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Assuming she was 18 at the start of ANH, which I believe Lucas has stated, then according to the Lucas timeline she was 22 when she found out. If we consider that she may be born in Episode-III, that will make her 24 when she found out.

Jeezz, I hate reverse chronological lookups!!!smile

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Leia out of respect for family titles decide to retain their names, similarly to how some women decide to retain their family surname anyway when marrying. Anyway I believed particularly as she is reffered to as in the cast list as Padme, that Amidala was a dignitary name that was given to her when she was voted in as the Queen

Old Post Mar 15th, 2001 06:51 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sounds like a good point to me.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Actually froom that I have a question, how does a democratically arranged monarchy work. I mean surely this misses the entire point or else within a few centuries everyone on the planet will be royal. Queen Amidala has children obviously they are royal even if she steps down and becomes the Queen Mother whilst a new royal family on the planet is voted in. Marriage on the Planet would eventually lead to a host of royalty...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 07:16 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's GLs comprehension of politics, for you. It's what comes of wanting to import classic themes into a utopian society.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Well I suppose it depends on your point of view, now Plato had suggested that every one no matter your station should be a part of politics, However he said that you will remain perpetually within a chosen station. This looks more Socrates style suggesting that from Plato's argument that every man may have his hour...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:28 AM
finti

She is an elected queen, when elected to an title/office that title does not get inherited. Plato and Socrates out of my league.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 04:21 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

You know if you are going to be that picky about it thn you will have to trace back her lineage to the biginning of time and put the maiden names of all the wives in there. And when have you ever heard of anyone who is adopted keeping their real father's surname? When she is adopted she takes the names of her new parents. No questions asked. So her name is Leia Organna Solo.

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Kettch

Re: ...

And that's the name she uses, so there really is no argument.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 02:24 AM
Zareil

That is the point, that may have been her name, but given that she seemed having lost her office just returned to the name of Padme Naberre, then it is possible that Amidala is the term for the Democratic position even if also applying a paradoxical monarchical station as well. As to changing her name, one interesting point is that whilst in theory she could become a skywalker, well Luke and Leia both know they had parents but at no point is it even vaguely insinuated that they were married.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2001 02:52 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

This topic started off to be a joke.....it has been taken way to seriously.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 28th, 2001 03:54 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

oops sorry.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2001 03:23 AM