KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Mighty Avengers. Now THIS is an Avengers team...

The Mighty Avengers. Now THIS is an Avengers team...
Started by: Lucid Lui

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arahan
realism in comics? Give me a break.

Read Planetary or Supreme Power.

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 03:32 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Don't take this the wrong way, but you are referring to characters that are SO unpopular that can't even maintain an ongoing title. I've read a lot of the last Gennis run, and the writing is nothing short of shocking. Take a really bad Superman/Green Lantern issue and then let Chris Claremont **** it up a little, and you still don't come close to the atrocity that was the last Captain Marvel series. Joe Queseda has stated that he cant stand the character, and is very glad to see him dead. To compare that 'tripe' to the Morison's run on the JLA really illustrate what mediocre taste you have. IMO its as bad as stating that XXX is a better movie than the Godfather. The only thing ever interesting about Wonder man was his relationship with Wanda. That whole lack of confidence thing, was a real insight into how hard marvel writers have found it to inject any substance into the Avengers personalities. Your points about Iron man and Vision are mute, as i had previously mentioned them in my original post. IMO its evident that you have yet to read my post in its entirety, as you have generally missed the point . The fact that you have interpreted as a direct attack of Marvel Comics, clearly demonstrtaes you're desperation to defend the company, on the basis of ignorance and naievity.

Popular isn't always in direct proportion to characterization. Look at Superman and Batman a few years ago. And I wasn't speaking in terms of solo series, I meant in respect to team books. Look at Wonderwoman. She's pretty popular and yet the only reason they don't cancel her book is because she's part of their trinity or whatver. I don't think I ever said Morrison's run was bad, I only used it to point out a time when powers drove a lot of the stories. No, that lack of confidence showed Marvel actually wanted something to drive the character instead of having him lift the sun or something. I did read your entire post, didn't construe it as an attack per se, just passive aggressive way of putting them down. I only jumped in cause you obviously are basing all of your facts on your own opinion

I agree that characterisation is one of Marvels strengths, but its a strength that is yet to EVER be applied to their mightiest mortals. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 04:42 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 06:48 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Ok was that really necessary ?, I read as many Marvel books as D.C. books. I really couldn't give a shit about the perpetual rivalry that exist on this, and many other Forums. I read comics for their quality, hence my rather obscure pull list. B.T.W. Nuclear bombs emit gamma rays, when they explode. In fact the idea of 'Gamma bomb' with out any form of nuclear Fission/Fusion is as retarded as the Hulks origin. I suggest you get you're facts right b4, getting ironically hysterical about something you are accusing me of.

Since u seem to be the outmost authorithy in Gamma Bombs, radioactive Spiders and Interstellar poice corps it is pointless to keep arguing with someone of ur superior intellect. You could have read ever single book Marvel has ever published but the bottom line is u r bias, not only in this thread but some other ones were u keep pointing out how DC is better than Marvel and no matter who says anything in favor of Marvel u'll always find and excuse, theory or whatever to justify said explanation.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 07:53 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Since u seem to be the outmost authorithy in Gamma Bombs, radioactive Spiders and Interstellar poice corps it is pointless to keep arguing with someone of ur superior intellect. You could have read ever single book Marvel has ever published but the bottom line is u r bias, not only in this thread but some other ones were u keep pointing out how DC is better than Marvel and no matter who says anything in favor of Marvel u'll always find and excuse, theory or whatever to justify said explanation.

*Eats Sour Grapes*

I disagree, I just believe that the JLA has always been FAR better than the Avengers (I.e. the Marvel equivalent) When it comes to street level and Teen titles i think Marvel are superior. The astonishing X-men and the Ultimates have been the best team books for the last 2-3 years. I've also miles preferred the Runaways and the Young Avengers to the Teen Titans. The point is you have taken this completely out of context. My criticisms where aimed at the Avengers, instead of Marvel in general. Youre inability to see this illustartes youre burning juvenile passion for Marvel, that is clearly clouding youre judgement.

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Last edited by R.O.T. Yahman on Sep 1st, 2006 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 08:05 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

*Eats Sour Grapes*

Youre inability to see this illustartes youre burning juvenile passion for Marvel, that is clearly clouding youre judgement.

Go F**K urself! I like Marvel because ever since I started collecting they have had more enterntaining and superior material than DC until a few years ago that DC finally started delivering good storylines, they started using high quiality artists. DC's biggest event this year, Infinite Crisis was a recycled storylined from 21 yrs ago which didnt live to expectations. The only one here with a juvenile passion for DC character is YOU. Perhaps your real passion is Superman the Man of Steel for more reasons than one!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 11:34 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
MIGHTY AVENGERS #2
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by FRANK CHO
ULTRON IS BACK and, yes, now he's a she. What?? Ultron's a girl?? It’s Ultron as only Frank Cho can bring it. And the Mighty Avengers haven't had a moment to get to know each other before they are thrown into one of the most epic adventures in the history of the Avengers.
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

Fuh-fuh-fuh-female Ultron?!?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Alkhema?

Can anyone else see them slowly turning every character into a female just so Cho can draw them as such... ?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 04:06 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Lucid Lui

Fuh-fuh-fuh-female Ultron?!?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Alkhema?

Can anyone else see them slowly turning every character into a female just so Cho can draw them as such... ?

Yeah that's who I first thought of. Interesting issue for #2

haha nicely put.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 04:23 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Got my interest. She was also my guess but I don't think they're gonna go that way. She had different brain patterns IIRC but from the solicits looks like we'll ave the same old Ultron but with breats

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 05:05 AM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Alkhemena had Bobbi Morse-Barton's brain patterns, also known as Mockingbird the wife of Hawkeye.

This could be interesting but I have little faith. Here's the cover to #1 from Marvel.com.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by ScarletSpider on Jan 13th, 2007 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 08:58 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I'd like to see Black Widow pull off some nice stuff on this team. Otherwise I'm gonna feel like it's a bunch of heavy hitters, and she's the team sidekick.

Unless of course, she's a traitor...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 09:07 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Well Wasp is on the team too. I wouldn't exactly call her a big gun

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 03:02 AM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

This is gonna be another low/mid level team.

Ares
He got class 70 strength and super/metahuman level durability, plus superhuman reflexes, speed and agility.He can fly wields weaponry like axes, swords or spears, and he's a master marksman with all of them as well as in hand to hand combat.His weapons are also forged by Vulcano so he maybe using some magic attack, maybe.

Vote:
8/10 Thank to the costume, and considering his attitude.We may saw him as a key character considering he got the vast experience and skills and is a ruthless combatant, but onestly, if the team goes against major level villains, which hasn't happened from a long while, he's not versatile as Thor to deal with some team wreckers.But considering Nefaria is the only survivor of the Avengers team wreckers, cause Graviton, Ultron and others are out of the game, he'll be just a punch and slice guy.I hope no, cause he's a good and underused char.

Wonder Man
...No Comment.That costume sucks.His ionic form seem to have been forgotten, this man is a powerhouse who gets used as a gap filler in the recent Avengers formation.He fought Thor himself in a fist fight, his durability is great, he can fly, project ionic energies but no, he now got a pathetic costume used in what, the 70s?The 80s?
No Vote

Warbird
Low/Mid level metahuman female who sincerely I don't see as an Avenger.She worked good in the past, but with her issuess with being drunk and Kang's son, and then becaming a government agent, she's no Avenger anymore.

Last edited by K3VIL on Jan 15th, 2007 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:13 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Read Planetary or Supreme Power.

And you call that realism?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:16 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Planetary and Supreme Power just seem a bit more feasible. So does Authority. As for realistic, maybe if you take it from a physics perspective.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:22 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Planetary and Supreme Power just seem a bit more feasible. So does Authority. As for realistic, maybe if you take it from a physics perspective.

Perhaps more feasible in a "real-world-situation" kind of way, but I certainly wouldn't think to classify it as realistic. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:28 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Perhaps more feasible in a "real-world-situation" kind of way, but I certainly wouldn't think to classify it as realistic. stick out tongue

Well, in any area where someone lives for 100 years, or marries someone outside of reality (Jenny Sparks) then I wouldn't call it realistic either. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:31 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

No Vote.<--Warbird.

Sentry
I hope Thor comes back and kill him.The worst Superman rip off ever.

Wasp
Puts the team in a major low level ranking.She can't do anything except for talking and wear sexy costumes.

Black Widow
What's she's gonna do, use bullets on super powered beings?

Iron Man
He's acting like a paranoid and leading the wrong side of this war, after we saw him battling in the city of NY how many times?And he speaks about the risk of casualties, for god's sake.Try to be coerent Tony.
I always liked IM, and with Extremis armor he's badass, but he doesn't look like a hero anymore.

I hope Cap will assemble an AVG team worth of that name.I hope Don Blake finally show up as Thor, and I hope in a roster like this:
Captain America
Thor
Hercules
Luke Cage
Invisible Woman or someone else with long range and defensive abilities.
Vision

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:34 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Speaking about realistic comic origins, both Marvel and DC are realistic.Considering how big is the Universe who knows what kind of beings may exist somewhere.Radiations can kill or cause mutantion, in comics cause ordinary humans to mutant to change.Mutants are next step in human evolution.They are realistic to me.Thor is a god, and one of the few who deals with humanity while the other pantheons stepped back when they felt the man no more needed to look up in the sky when in need of help.Who can tell you there aren't gods or pantheons?
It's just a matter of believing or not to the fact that what was impossible 30 years ago now is a reality.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:39 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by K3VIL
I hope Cap will assemble an AVG team worth of that name.I hope Don Blake finally show up as Thor, and I hope in a roster like this:
Captain America
Thor
Hercules
Luke Cage
Invisible Woman or someone else with long range and defensive abilities.
Vision

If you'd replaced Luke Cage with someone like Spidey, Quicksilver or Hawkeye, I would agree entirely yes

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:39 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote