KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- Oracle Predictions and the Philosophy Path

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- Oracle Predictions and the Philosophy Path
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

k I'll get on Storm's case. I assume you still know our path choices: Storm goes philo I go Combat

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 12:47 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

What about this:

"You may find the understanding you desire...... but the price could break you."

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 02:13 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa
King of the bitchslappers

Barb is Combat Path.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 03:09 PM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I will get my prediction together ASAP....

San is combat path again, though, of course.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 04:24 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Berserker is Philosophy

"Your Rage will cut the Matrix in Half"

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 09:49 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

"Doubt will be the fire of your delight."

Philo.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 09:51 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

I'm Philo, and my prediction will be:

"You will soon wither away, but will be given the choice of new life or the death of your brothers in arms"

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 09:51 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Love is your passion and goal, and it may be your saving grace."

?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 09:58 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

^ Philo, right?

"Fear may best you, but it does not know you unless you allow it to."

Combat.

Nice trick.

Last edited by Vera21 on Sep 23rd, 2006 at 10:02 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 10:00 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Do keep them coming, folks. Diagnosis on them may take a little while; one particular issue is that the stories were written with off-line propheices in mind, so things have to be scrutinised to see if there is crossover or if things will have to be twiddled or what-not. Objective is that it is all 100% sorted by the end of the First Assignment.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 11:16 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Philosophy Path.

"A secret revealed upon you might be a secret untrue."

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 05:58 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

You know, I think this is my least favorite part of creating a character because I have such a hard time coming up with something that's a. not crap, b. not totally cliched, and c. not too similar to someone else's.

"A lack of trust in others can lead to your downfall."

Is that good?

Combat path, of course, btw.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 09:10 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

This took far too long, and I'm sure I'll have to think up another one...

"Your reliance on others will leave you unprepared at a key moment."

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 05:41 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

My prediction.
"The game will come to you."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 05:25 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TBJ
High

Philosophy Path.

I can't think of a prophecy, any suggestions?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 10:34 PM
TBJ is currently offline Click here to Send TBJ a Private Message Find more posts by TBJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Nope.

Just read everyone else's, and see if you get any ideas.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:20 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Hell, Sirin used a song lyric...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 12:06 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TBJ
High

Ok, this prolly really sucks, but: "You may rest, but never forget your past, or it will be your undoing."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 12:20 AM
TBJ is currently offline Click here to Send TBJ a Private Message Find more posts by TBJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oracle yay!

Oracle issues must be addressed- that is to say. a reasonable attempt made to address- before the Second Assignment.

Before I start, though- thanks very much for trying with these. I know it is awkward.

---

Helios: "You may rest, but never forget your past, or it will be your
undoing"

One general theme we are now saying is that Oracle prophecies that depend on background, history or personbality require us to have an idea of what these things are.

So, first off, we want to know what it is in your past that might need forgetting.

Secondly, this one might need more detail else it might not amount to much.

---

Firewall: "Your role in this will be a result of a choice of faith or of responsibility... And of either eventuality, you will live to regret the outcome or die knowing you did the right thing..."

Before we go anywhere on this we need to know the faith-based aspects of your character

---

Cloud: "There will be an event, and when it happens you must choose to help yourself, or your friends"

The first bit is being excised as taken for granted.

So this then becomes:

"You will have to choose to help yourself or your friends."

Which is very Matrixy, possibly a but too much so, being very sinilar to Neo.. Cloud has a lot of background to work with here with your stories and what-not, Spike- how well does he normally work with friends?

---

Azrael: "The fight of your life shall pass, and you won't have a scratch on you."

Cleared.

---

Ares: "You will have to make a choice of life and death, and the result will not be what you expect"

Cleared, with a buty.

This one works. But we tried to get it in last time. The problem is, there is good inherent drama in a choice of life or death, and just enough leeway there about what that actually means to work well (whose life, whose death, which one is desirable). We then have this added consequence of the result being not what you expect.

Which kinda takes away from the drama of having to make the choice, because the consequence that is the drama won;t actually happen as the choice dictates. So it is harder to put in than we might have thought.

---

Barb: "To face your Fears, Could lead you either to Destruction, or Empowered enlightenment"

Tqo questions- what are Barb's fears?

Second, we want to be clear about what you are getting at with 'Empowered Enlightenment."

---

Mors: "Though you feel guilty about your past, there will be a time when you must choose between coming to terms with that past, or being of benefit to others"

We want to know about your pazt. Actually, I have an idea you have done this, so please refresh my memory.

Might try and think of a way to make this one flow more smoothly as well.

---

Heph: "Your fiery personality will lead to chaos for many, but in the end, you will be a savior for some"

Cleared.

---

Melkor: "You may find the understanding you desire...... but the price could break you"

We'll need some direction on that first bit. What does Melkor really want to know? And we mean REALLY want?

Also we are getting a little dodgy on some of these conditionals. Prophecies like to deal with certainties by their very nature; 'coulds' and 'maybes' sit badly in them, because anyone can say something MIGHT happen. Only an Oracle can ber certain.

---

Berserker: "Your Rage will cut the Matrix in Half"

Very punchy and commendably terse. I'm almost sorry to say there are two big issues:

1. This is kinda passive. It's something that will happen and there isn;t mucht to be done about it, and all you will be able to say after is that it happend pretty uch as she said, rather than there being specific drama from you about it

2. This might be pushing the limit of what we can get into the game. It might actually never happen on that basis!

---

Sirin: "Doubt will be the fire of your delight"

Beautiful! But... I'm sorry, we can't do anything with it. Have to try again there.

---

Balder: "You will soon wither away, but will be given the choice of new life or the death of your brothers in arms"

In structure it is good. The only problem is- that Choice doesn't look like an issue at all. Either you get new life or your friends die? Errr... I'll have the life, please?

We need a choice with weight to it. Do that and it is cleared.

---

Klez: "Love is your passion and goal, and it may be your saving grace." Love not a game focus."

This is cleared. But you might want a totally different one.

Why? Ok, this can be done, but it will be harsh. if you are cool on that, then stick with it.

---

Melis: "Fear may best you, but it does not know you unless you allow it to."

Ok, two problems. First of all, it's not something we can kinda lead you into without you knowing. It would require a point where, in effect, we'd have to mind control your character to run away from something, because we can't rely on you as a player definitely doing things the way the Prophecy says.

Second, similar to Sirin's, we can't make that second half work. Sorry.

---

Mirage: "A secret revealed upon you might be a secret untrue."

Logically, passed. Practically, it might be rather flat, dramatically. Could be a bit of a "Is that all it is?" Propehcy.

---

San- "A lack of trust in others can lead to your downfall.

Ok, two things there

1. It requires San being the type who doesn't trust. Very possible!

2. Might be a bit easy. I mean, there'll be some dramatic point which involves you trusting someone... and then all you have to do is go against type and actusally trust them, and that'll be it.

---

Hawk: "Your reliance on others will leave you unprepared at a key moment."

I'll need to know a LOT about Hawk for this; tricky as he was not in the first game.

---

Burn- "The game will come to you". See Sirin. Apologies.

---

Fire- "You will have to find out the difference between illusion and reality."

Snipped of the first bit. Fine- though possibly The Matrix is drowning in that being the issue; it could apply to everyone.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 09:07 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Oracle yay!

Oracle issues must be addressed- that is to say. a reasonable attempt made to address- before the Second Assignment.
---

Berserker: "Your Rage will cut the Matrix in Half"

Very punchy and commendably terse. I'm almost sorry to say there are two big issues:

1. This is kinda passive. It's something that will happen and there isn;t mucht to be done about it, and all you will be able to say after is that it happend pretty uch as she said, rather than there being specific drama from you about it

2. This might be pushing the limit of what we can get into the game. It might actually never happen on that basis!

---
How about this Ush
"Your Rage will guide you to the ends of the Matrix if you let it though you shall never see it"

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 09:20 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote