KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature Duel Forum » ThePittman vs. 7-11 (Round 2)

ThePittman vs. 7-11 (Round 2)
Started by: ShinobiRikari

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 7-11
I'm not going to be able to get this done >.<;;

Do you need more time or something?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 02:27 AM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

If 7-11 can’t do it how about we randomly bring someone from the first round and set up a new duel with me? I really don’t want to go into the 3rd round with two forfeits.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 02:48 AM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

I'd say that's more unfair than anything. If that person ends up winning, people will complain about unfairness. I say if he doesn't make a tag, you advance.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 03:11 AM
calvs is currently offline Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Neg. If it's what Pitt wants, he should get it.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 03:27 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

Originally posted by Lana

If you don't think you're going to be able to participate, why sign up?

yes

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 02:06 PM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by ThePittman
If 7-11 can’t do it how about we randomly bring someone from the first round and set up a new duel with me? I really don’t want to go into the 3rd round with two forfeits.

Good idea. NO MEGA BYES!

If not, I'll duel Pittman. ninja

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 02:07 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Alliance
Good idea. NO MEGA BYES!

If not, I'll duel Pittman. ninja

Originally posted by calvs
I'd say that's more unfair than anything. If that person ends up winning, people will complain about unfairness. I say if he doesn't make a tag, you advance.
One bye is OK, but it’s unfair that I should get two in a row. I’ve played enough tournaments to know that is unfair to the other players, in many tournaments the losers go into a loser’s bracket and can comeback and actually win the tournament so I don’t see my idea being that far off.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 02:37 PM
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

One bye is OK, but it’s unfair that I should get two in a row. I’ve played enough tournaments to know that is unfair to the other players, in many tournaments the losers go into a loser’s bracket and can comeback and actually win the tournament so I don’t see my idea being that far off.
Or people who didn't sign up
*coughs*

W:5|L:2|T:0|

Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 07:19 PM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
7-11
t(^_^t)

I just don't have time to make it =X I got slammed with homework, plus I have other forum duties (I'm staff on quite a few forums) and I have to update comics for a friend. =X

I don't know my win loss record! I don't keep track, I'm lazy!!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 08:53 PM
7-11 is currently offline Click here to Send 7-11 a Private Message Find more posts by 7-11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

Well, what would be more unfair is only bringing one person back. If you brought one back you'd have to either bring back them all or have a match between them and that would take too long. + it'd be a pain for Lana; the tournament as it is troubling enough atm.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 09:04 PM
calvs is currently offline Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

Well, what would be more unfair is only bringing one person back. If you brought one back you'd have to either bring back them all or have a match between them and that would take too long. + it'd be a pain for Lana; the tournament as it is troubling enough atm.
Or we can just make some random duel between two people, and treat it as a round one duel. At least they won a duel to get there. (I personally would like to say, if this is done, do NOT use Me vs. Mortalitas.)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 09:09 PM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

Wow, how bout you just have extension so 7-11 can enter in something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 09:17 PM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

Because 7-11 says he can't do it. I'm not sure, but I think they already gave him an extension.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 09:28 PM
calvs
Kommunist

I'm totally fine for Pittman winning this by default.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 09:39 PM
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

I'm totally fine for Pittman winning this by default.
However, Barker, someone else, and most importantly PITTMAN isn't fine with it.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 09:41 PM
calvs
Kommunist

Ah well. Lana makes the decision. I trust she'll make the right one.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 09:50 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by 7-11
I just don't have time to make it =X I got slammed with homework, plus I have other forum duties (I'm staff on quite a few forums) and I have to update comics for a friend. =X

Easy solutions:

1. Don't enter.
2. Make time like the rest of us. We all (ok, many of us) have a lot of shit to do. You make time to just do it.

Well, seeing this is nto your fault, I don't see why you should feel that you should take responsibility. If we randomly bring in a loser, you'd just win anyway...and a false win is just as bad as a bye.

Go with the flow, consider it to your advantage. None of us are blaming you, and most of us realize that this is just a sig tourney and has no real effect on our lives.

Ah well. Lana makes the decision. I trust she'll make the right one.

yes and if she doesn't, its the right one anyway because its Lana's decision.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 10:00 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, this is what I'm going to do.

Pitt, I understand you (and everyone else) feeling that it'd be unfair for you to get into the third round (which is actually going to be the semi-finals) because both of your opponents either didn't show or couldn't make the time.

Though, bringing in another opponent would also be unfair, as well as make this take longer and be more hassle on the judge, who'd need to find a new render, set up a new duel, etc.

It's always been the rule that wins by technicality are still valid. So I say that we allow until the end of the deadline, in case 7-11 manages to find a few minutes to make an entry. If he can't, it'll be a win by technicality for Pittman, which simply can't be helped. Better this than dragging it out unnecessarily.

And speaking of the next round, I really must get the FFA set up, so we'll be able to have three matches.

Pittman, it's not your fault at all. Stuff like this happens at times, and we've just got to adapt and move on.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 10:41 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

You are so wise

stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 03:04 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

You just got bad/good luck.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 04:17 AM