KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spider-Man vs. Punisher and Wolverine

Spider-Man vs. Punisher and Wolverine
Started by: marvelprince

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It was shown in one of the X-Men Unlimited issues.

Scans?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 02:00 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ai/c87c0d21.jpg

That is Sabretooth's vision. It is only hypothetical that Wolverine has it too, but it seems likely since they both have the exact same power set but to date it has only been hinted at. I personally believe that Wolverine's vision works the same as Sabretooth's but I dont count it among his powers in a debate since it hasn't been confirmed.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 02:07 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ai/c87c0d21.jpg

That is Sabretooth's vision. It is only hypothetical that Wolverine has it too, but it seems likely since they both have the exact same power set but to date it has only been hinted at. I personally believe that Wolverine's vision works the same as Sabretooth's but I dont count it among his powers in a debate since it hasn't been confirmed.

Ah. So it's not Wolverine then.

To my knowledge, Sabretooth is much more cat-like (not that cats have heat vision) and just plain more animal-like than Wolverine, thus granting him night vision and infrared vision. I've never seen Wolverine with this ability, nor do I believe he has it.

Man. It's a good thing, too. Otherwise I might punched someone. My roommate might not enjoy that too much.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 02:23 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Ah. So it's not Wolverine then.

To my knowledge, Sabretooth is much more cat-like (not that cats have heat vision) and just plain more animal-like than Wolverine, thus granting him night vision and infrared vision. I've never seen Wolverine with this ability, nor do I believe he has it.

Man. It's a good thing, too. Otherwise I might punched someone. My roommate might not enjoy that too much.

If anything I would say Wolverine is more cat like the Victor. I mean I have never seen Sabs run on all fours and Wolverine does it often and at greater speeds then when he runs on two feet... but dont ask me how confused

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 02:26 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

If anything I would say Wolverine is more cat like the Victor. I mean I have never seen Sabs run on all fours and Wolverine does it often and at greater speeds then when he runs on two feet... but dont ask me how confused

...Really? You really think Logan is more cat-like than Victor? Perhaps we're looking at two different Sabretooths...

Scans of that running thing, please?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 02:41 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Metalmanx
...Really? You really think Logan is more cat-like than Victor? Perhaps we're looking at two different Sabretooths...

Scans of that running thing, please?

I'll see what I can do.

Everything about Wolverine, aside from his finger nails is more cat like the Sabretooth... excluding slit pupils Victor is depicted with rarely. Wolverine is pretty much the embodiment of a great cat, the way he moves, the way he fights, I think he is much more cat like the Victor.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 03:00 AM
darthgoober

I'll see what I can do.

Everything about Wolverine, aside from his finger nails is more cat like the Sabretooth... excluding slit pupils Victor is depicted with rarely. Wolverine is pretty much the embodiment of a great cat, the way he moves, the way he fights, I think he is much more cat like the Victor.

I thought he was supposed to be more like....well, a Wolverine? In fact, didn't they actually consider making him a mutated wolverine for a while?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 03:03 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by darthgoober
I thought he was supposed to be more like....well, a Wolverine? In fact, didn't they actually consider making him a mutated wolverine for a while?

Wolverine's are slow with bad eye sight. But his ferocity, strength and never say die attitude are all akin to that of a Wolverine.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 03:11 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

I'll see what I can do.

I disagree. I think Victor is much more cat-like. I always saw Logan as more wolf/wolverine/bear than cat.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 03:28 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

It was shown in one of the X-Men Unlimited issues.

yup not to mention they even put it in a game wolverine revenge and also mention it in the weapon-x noval if im not mistaken

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 08:11 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

We should have been able to vote with this thread - at the moment it's basically another Wolverine vs Spiderman thread, except in this one Spiderman has the Iron costume.

Punisher hasn't been mentioned in ages.

In the Spiderman vs Wolverine thread 60% of the votes are in favour of Spiderman, and that's without the new costume...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 11:14 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fianchettoer
Croquet mangler

Honestly...why do so many people give so much credit to Wolverine? So he has Adamantium coming out of his hands--boring unless he can effectively use them. Spider-Man even punched Superman and knocked him back, you think the Punisher or Wolverine could even get close? In essence, what good are brute force and indestructible claws if you can't hit your target?
The trouble for Spidey would come on an ethical level. He doesn't want to kill anyone, thus this would be the problem with Wolverine. The Punisher??? I won't even mention him, he's obsolete.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 12:28 PM
Fianchettoer is currently offline Click here to Send Fianchettoer a Private Message Find more posts by Fianchettoer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I'm not sure I agree with every aspect of that post, but I want to point out that CIS is off, so he has no ethics to worry about.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 03:37 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote