KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Immature ?

Immature ?
Started by: MC Hammer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blight
Less than Newbie

I am so sick of this "You're a nerd because you read comic books" or "You're a nerd because you play on the computer all the time". What constitutes a nerd, anyway? Being interested in something that other people that MIGHT smell are interested in? I just don't get it. Some people are so completely obsessed with going to a club and meeting people... is THAT what makes you NOT a nerd? Socialization? What's wrong with finding more comfort in reading a piece of good story with great art than going to a building full of people that (more than likely) are only thinking of themselves and what THEY'RE going to get out of being there?

There are some people that get up and watch sports.... allll day. When I have a conversation with them, they ask about "the game" as if I know what that means. Does this make THEM a nerd? The fact that they vote they're entire lives to WATCHING other people run and tackle or hit a ball with a stick or kick a ball or drive really fast.

There are other people who are completely and utterly obsessed with a box that movies you from point A to point B. What's so special about this I ask. Some of these boxes happen to move faster... some of them with more style. All of them are just metal boxes. (Yes I own a car by the way, no I'm not obsessed with it).

Regardless, what is it that makes debating about comics so friggin' nerdy? I'm sick of the discrimination stick out tongue

Well, I guess that wasn't too much of a rant.

-_-

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 04:52 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
I am so sick of this "You're a nerd because you read comic books" or "You're a nerd because you play on the computer all the time". What constitutes a nerd, anyway? Being interested in something that other people that MIGHT smell are interested in? I just don't get it. Some people are so completely obsessed with going to a club and meeting people... is THAT what makes you NOT a nerd? Socialization? What's wrong with finding more comfort in reading a piece of good story with great art than going to a building full of people that (more than likely) are only thinking of themselves and what THEY'RE going to get out of being there?

There are some people that get up and watch sports.... allll day. When I have a conversation with them, they ask about "the game" as if I know what that means. Does this make THEM a nerd? The fact that they vote they're entire lives to WATCHING other people run and tackle or hit a ball with a stick or kick a ball or drive really fast.

There are other people who are completely and utterly obsessed with a box that movies you from point A to point B. What's so special about this I ask. Some of these boxes happen to move faster... some of them with more style. All of them are just metal boxes. (Yes I own a car by the way, no I'm not obsessed with it).

Regardless, what is it that makes debating about comics so friggin' nerdy? I'm sick of the discrimination stick out tongue

Well, I guess that wasn't too much of a rant.

Only a total geek could rant like that laughing

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 05:00 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

laughing

-_-

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 05:03 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote