KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Why does the search engine SUCK?

Why does the search engine SUCK?
Started by: BlackC@

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
You can use the advanced search option at the top of the page to give you some more options, such as deciding whether to have posts or threads displayed. On the whole I quite like the system, I find what I search for well usually, though sometimes I do rely on Google finding something.

Sometimes it is important to know some odd phrasing in the title or a thread if you want to find a thread again.

It's not perfect, but sufficient, imo.

I was thinking that an additional search option could be added to help with that thing you are referring to.

Is there a way, currently, to use logical commands such as "and" and "or"?

If so, that could help find what people are looking for, easier.

I had a hard time finding "The official cool videos thread". How would I find it with ease, with the tools I have now?

I have my own way that is very quick...btw. I just want to see if I'm even doing this right.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 12:44 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I mean, it's sucked for a while now. What gives?

Already a thread on how the search feature sucks, why don't you search next time first? Thanks.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 03:28 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by dadudemon
I was thinking that an additional search option could be added to help with that thing you are referring to.

Is there a way, currently, to use logical commands such as "and" and "or"?

If so, that could help find what people are looking for, easier.

I had a hard time finding "The official cool videos thread". How would I find it with ease, with the tools I have now?

I have my own way that is very quick...btw. I just want to see if I'm even doing this right.
I just put in cool videos thread in the search on the top. The result is on the first page.

If you go to advanced and specify the OTF, only search by title and display as thread, putting in "cool videos" it's the only result you get.

Last edited by Bardock42 on Jul 12th, 2009 at 06:04 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 06:02 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I just put in cool videos thread in the search on the top. The result is on the first page.

If you go to advanced and specify the OTF, only search by title and display as thread, putting in "cool videos" it's the only result you get.

The last line of my post is indicative of searching for the thread and finding it rather quickly. I used to have trouble finding the thread until I started searching differently.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 08:54 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

The last line of my post is indicative of searching for the thread and finding it rather quickly. I used to have trouble finding the thread until I started searching differently.

Yes, I can read, but you asked how others do it, so I told you.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 07:21 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yes, I can read, but you asked how others do it, so I told you.

K.

And it's "Who's."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 06:50 PM
Bardock42

K.

And it's "Who's."

Redicolous [sic] bygones.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 08:07 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Barker
Already a thread on how the search feature sucks, why don't you search next time first? Thanks.

laughing

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 02:17 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Why would you bump a months' dead thread simply to laugh at something (that wasn't even funny)?

You don't bump threads unless you actually have something to add to the discussion.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 02:20 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I'm sorry I thought what Barker said was funny.

It....won't happen again?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 02:21 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Is the search function not working for anyone else?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 04:00 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

It is working for me

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 05:23 AM
Adam_PoE

It is working for me

"Search is currently updating. Please try again in a few moments."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 10:15 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
"Search is currently updating. Please try again in a few moments."
Yeah, it's doing that for me, now too.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 06:50 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

It normally only takes a few seconds, but is necessary to have the lastest posts in there! ...and to make is lighting fast!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 11:40 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

beer I typed in Hard Candy in the movie discussion forum and no thread for it came up......Even though it is sitting there on the first page?

Am I doing something wrong cause K.Diddy doesn't want to get his ass kicked for making duplicate threads

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 07:58 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote