KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel Universe: THE END Discussion Thread

Marvel Universe: THE END Discussion Thread
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 19 20 [21]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
And you're looking at my comment too seriously, bro. smile

I was poking fun at that instance, is all. Back when that comic was published (early 80's) supernovas were considered one of the more uber forces in the universe--so back then, LT's feat likely was quite impressive. But next to feats characters are preforming nowadays, generating a supernova is literally nothing--well within a Herald's scope of power.

And I still find it hysterical that LT referred to a supernova as his "ultimate punishment", but then proceeded to seal Korvac in that universe for all time. Lulz @ the inconsistency.

Not necessarily an inconsistency, depends on how you look at things. Clearly the supernova attack was meant to destroy Korvac and as you said back then such an attack wouldve been more impressive than it seems now, so the attack was perhaps as far as LT was willing or able (considering the time of writing) to go in a physical confrontation. LT does have to after all weigh up the pros and cons of slugging it out to safeguard reality or just sealing away the threat to achieve the same thing. Kind of like how in his confrontation with Adam with the IG rather than initiate a full blown confrontation he referred to the level of destruction that would cause the reality he safeguards and instead dissuaded Adam from such an outcome. So when his so called "ultimate punishment" failed (named so because clearly its the highest level of destructive feat he was willing to undertake in executing his role) LT retreated and sealed off the universe smile

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 04:49 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing out loud

Feels like you're just looking for an argument... Even when there's not one to be had.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 05:31 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud

Feels like you're just looking for an argument... Even when there's not one to be had.

Lol. Boredom does that big grin

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 05:36 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sorry for the necro bump, but in light of Infinity Finale, I thought this should be included:
(please log in to view the image)

It turns out that Thanos only possessed "a fragmentary glimpse" of TOAA's power, perceptions, and motivations after merging with THOTI during The End.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 09:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

huh. so no more of this 'hoti' making thanos actual 'god'. and apparently only a fragment of 'god's power dwarfs the ig. good to know. thumb up

Old Post May 1st, 2016 03:26 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
huh. so no more of this 'hoti' making thanos actual 'god'. and apparently only a fragment of 'god's power dwarfs the ig. good to know. thumb up
Yep. Said power also dwarfed 'classic' LT, who is ~/> the IG, according to Starlin himself. thumb up

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:34 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so all told a happy ending to that tired and ancient argument--good riddance and i hope the door doesn't hit it in the a$$ on it's way out. thumb up

Old Post May 1st, 2016 03:21 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

The best part is that Starlin wrote all of these arcs, so people can't even defer to the old "but that wasn't Starlin's original intent!!!1!!11!" line of argumentation that would have undoubtedly been thrown around, had that scene been written by anyone else.

So yeah:
THOTI = "a fragmentary glimpse" of TOAA's complete power >>>> LT ~/> IG >>> the rest of the universe.

Settled. happy

Last edited by Galan007 on May 1st, 2016 at 10:01 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:54 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 12:17 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing out loud

Yeah, it was just a huge Lulz moment for me.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 07:11 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote