KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Viewing vs Posting: A Lurkers Thread

Viewing vs Posting: A Lurkers Thread
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Lurker here. I post in threads I may have limited knowledge, but most of the time I'm just learning about characters and how to debate. When english isn't your first language it's kind of hard to start and end a debate, some times you can't find the proper way to explain your point across.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 08:05 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

I read the posts first to see if anyone has already mentioned what i was going to say so it doesn't sound redundant.

Sometimes i read a thread and by the time i get to the last one its so off topic i just decide not to post at all.

By: Juk

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 09:39 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

i'm 40% lurker i guess, i was lurking in this thread for a while no expression

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 10:09 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I'll read threads I'm interested in or that involve a character I don't know much about. If there is something that can be added then I'll jump in. At least half my posts are friendly ribs on people though.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 10:29 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
outavodka
Il Cut You B!tch!!!!

I dont consider myself a lurker but i dont post as much as veiw like i usta

Drivin a fast car listening to Deftones baby. Cred to Rewmac for this sick sig!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 10:40 PM
outavodka is currently offline Click here to Send outavodka a Private Message Find more posts by outavodka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
The asshat who brought you out of hiding deserves a permaban.

That's not very nice, is it?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 10:42 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

i lurk threads if it involves characters that i have lesser knowledge on.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 10:49 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

I make inane comments mostly and i rarely contribute at all

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 09:34 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinkus Mayhem
Lord of Chaos and Despair

Mostly I just lurk in hopes of learning more about the characters. There are only a few that I have really tried to follow over the years, but even then my knowledge is not that complete.

I try to hop in from time to time, but only if I am sure of something. One thing I have noticed around here is that people get slammed a lot for no reason. I am sometimes left wondering if people come here to debate and have fun, or just to rip on each other.

Sig by Quincy, the Dark Knight of Signatures!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 10:54 AM
Dinkus Mayhem is currently offline Click here to Send Dinkus Mayhem a Private Message Find more posts by Dinkus Mayhem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem
Mostly I just lurk in hopes of learning more about the characters. There are only a few that I have really tried to follow over the years, but even then my knowledge is not that complete.

I try to hop in from time to time, but only if I am sure of something. One thing I have noticed around here is that people get slammed a lot for no reason. I am sometimes left wondering if people come here to debate and have fun, or just to rip on each other.

Humans are aggressive and argumentive at nature.So a large part of forums is to mock and demeen each other.A beautiful cycle really.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 11:21 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Panzer

I seem to be a serial lurker, though never really saw my self as a lurker (which seems a bit weird) more a watcher, which is why i have never replied in any forum before!
Ive been lurking for over three years under various names.
I have seen lots of posters come and go and have seen some hilarious debates, but there have also been some brilliant arguments. In all you are a most entertaining bunch

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 06:54 PM
Panzer is currently offline Click here to Send Panzer a Private Message Find more posts by Panzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

I'm a huge lurker. Sometimes it's more fun (and safer) to simply read and watch.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 07:04 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Panzer
I seem to be a serial lurker, though never really saw my self as a lurker (which seems a bit weird) more a watcher, which is why i have never replied in any forum before!
I have seen lots of posters come and go and have seen some hilarious debates, but there have also been some brilliant arguments. In all you are a most entertaining bunch

Great ... now I feel like I'm sitting in a petri dish under a giant fricken microscope

I'm off to slam my boat into the artificial horizon and run away.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 07:45 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Panzer

That's pretty creepy...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 11:03 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

It depends. For instance in the Spider-Man vs Wolverine thread, I said what I had to say, and then got attacked by somebody because of my opinion. So I defended myself. But afte a while I realised I was arguing with idiots and morons, and they were dragging me down to their level and beating me with experience. stick out tongue

Anyway, after that I would still go and check the thread out, as I find some of the arguments quite well expressed, even when I don't agree - I just don't feel like writing a reasonable argument and posting it there anymore, because I am a bit sick and tired for defending myself just for having an opinion.

Some people have not realised that one can attack an argument without getting personal. It gets a little frustrating, sometimes...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 05:40 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Scoobless
Great ... now I feel like I'm sitting in a petri dish under a giant fricken microscope

I'm off to slam my boat into the artificial horizon and run away.

Nice reference.

And hell, I lurked for a few weeks before I said anything on KMC. We all do it from time to time.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 05:49 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

I posted on my first day here.my first post was "i didnt expect to find this when i gave that gerbil a rectal exam"

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 06:30 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I try to lurk for the most part. For one, there aren't that many threads worth replying to. And sometimes someone is already making my point. But the majority of the time, I'd rather just not get involved with those people. Except for the occasional comments.

This is all for the the comic versus forum. For all the other forums, except the other versus forums, all of the star wars forums, and the off topic board, only the first thing counts.

That's right, those people. Heathens.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 06:54 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thundercracker
takin a piss

I have been a member for a long time time and i visit the comics forum about 2 times a week but have you ever seen me post?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 08:05 AM
thundercracker is currently offline Click here to Send thundercracker a Private Message Find more posts by thundercracker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I lurked for months cuz I was so hated in the other forum. Someone said something crummy about Wonder Woman and I had to come out of hiding.
Originally posted by Validus
The asshat who brought you out of hiding deserves a permaban.
laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 08:27 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote