KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto, Apocalypse, and Classic Juggernaut versus Superman

Magneto, Apocalypse, and Classic Juggernaut versus Superman
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
........if even Thanos can't beat up Juggs, I doubt Superman is going to. Classic Juggernaut is physically invulnerable. THIS FACT WILL NEVER BE UP FOR DISCUSSION AND CANNOT BE CONTESTED. Not even Thor's godblast stopped Juggs.

It's amazing how many people fail to realize that unstoppable actually means unstoppable big grin

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:22 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

........if even Thanos can't beat up Juggs, I doubt Superman is going to. Classic Juggernaut is physically invulnerable. THIS FACT WILL NEVER BE UP FOR DISCUSSION AND CANNOT BE CONTESTED. Not even Thor's godblast stopped Juggs.

ah, I see where the Priest part of your nick fits in smile

sorry, that was too tempting an opportunity.

yet again, these are only blummin' comic book characters...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:24 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by llagrok
It's amazing how many people fail to realize that unstoppable actually means unstoppable big grin

except when he's stopped, knocked back, knocked off the continent and umm generally manhandled?
confused

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:25 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by janus77
except when he's stopped, knocked back, knocked off the continent and umm generally manhandled?
confused

I don't recall seeing anyone permanently stopping the Juggernaut.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:26 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

I don't recall seeing anyone permanently stopping the Juggernaut.

no one's permanently stopped Batman either.
why? because it's an on-going comic/character with a fanbase.
why kill it?

to "permanently stop" anyone you'd basically have to kill them. which , in juggernaut's case, is somewhat stupid given the appeal of the character (as is evidenced here often).

oh and Onslaught tossed him a good distance too, no?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:32 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Don't bring up Onslaught. That was ungodly PIS. no 2nd, you can't hurt juggernaut with physical means. Learn what that means.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:34 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Don't bring up Onslaught. That was ungodly PIS. no 2nd, you can't hurt juggernaut with physical means. Learn what that means.

rofl...
laughing out loud

can Galactus be physically hurt?
confused

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:35 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Pure strength? I don't think that works on an abstract. Augmented with something like PC? yep.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:37 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

but Galactus has physical form and to be hurt is physical no?
(and for the purposes of this discussion, we're not talking about Galactus' inner turmoil or his struggle as an up and comming actor in Hollywood, we're talking pain that transmits down whatever passes for his nervous system)

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:40 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

but Galactus has physical form and to be hurt is physical no?
(and for the purposes of this discussion, we're not talking about Galactus' inner turmoil or his struggle as an up and comming actor in Hollywood, we're talking pain that transmits down whatever passes for his nervous system)

A mortal's mind isn't capable of comprehending what Galactus looks like or somethin' We only have an idea of what he looks like through humanoid eyes.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:45 AM
jasofisc

10 out of 10 for the villains unless supes get to have PIS

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:47 AM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by jasofisc
10 out of 10 for the villains unless supes get to have PIS

Quite a few people smoking the rock today...

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:49 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

A mortal's mind isn't capable of comprehending what Galactus looks like or somethin' We only have an idea of what he looks like through humanoid eyes.

so what was Thanos blasting across space?

I get that we can't conceive of the totality of the dimension of these beings, but they are material beings right?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:50 AM
jasofisc

it's possible that onslaught hit him with more power then he's ever had to experienced before. Like as in more powerful then cytterock which would make onslaught on skyfather level which is possible since he never really showed any of his limits since every time he appeared to be getting beat or weakening was a ploy so he could get his shell broken. still I will admit it's highly highly unlikely.

my point is that juggs could get hurt by force more powerful then cytorakk but supes does not posses that kind of power. Not even the most rabit supes fanboy I would hope would make that kind of statement.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:53 AM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasofisc

Originally posted by Soljer
Quite a few people smoking the rock today...

what ever all three together are beyond supes. any non fanboy would see that

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:54 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

so what was Thanos blasting across space?

I get that we can't conceive of the totality of the dimension of these beings, but they are material beings right?

That's what didn't make sense. Thanos was more powerful than Galactus, shouldn't he perceive him differently?

Anyways, I think it's quite possible to physically hurt Galactus. Isn't that was the darkness in between was doing?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:55 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

it's possible that onslaught hit him with more power then he's ever had to experienced before. Like as in more powerful then cytterock which would make onslaught on skyfather level which is possible since he never really showed any of his limits since every time he appeared to be getting beat or weakening was a ploy so he could get his shell broken. still I will admit it's highly highly unlikely.

my point is that juggs could get hurt by force more powerful then cytorakk but supes does not posses that kind of power. Not even the most rabit supes fanboy I would hope would make that kind of statement.

the Onslaught showings were PIS. And nobody, (except maybe Carver or Janus) is saying Supes can hurt him. But a throw to the sun is still a win.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:55 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

what ever all three together are beyond supes. any non fanboy would see that

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:57 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

the Onslaught showings were PIS. And nobody, (except maybe Carver or Janus) is saying Supes can hurt him. But a throw to the sun is still a win.

Wouldn't a reality warper just turn out the sun?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:58 AM
jasofisc

how were they PIS virtually nothing is know of the limits of the character. you can't cry PIS when you don't see the limit. I will agree you can't speculate that they can beat galactus because we don't know the limits but still to say it's PIS is not being fair.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 01:58 AM