KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Pan's Labyrinth

Pan's Labyrinth
Started by: king leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
king leonidas

pans labyrinth

smile smile smile what a film i've seen it about 6 times i love this movie, i love the acting, i love the effects i love evrything about this movie!!! anyone else think this was awesome? smile smile smile

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:57 PM
king leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send king leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by king leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bright Gem
Shining Brightly

Excellent movie. I saw it last month. Loved the acting and story. The end was so sad *looks for review another member and I did on a different site*

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 10:02 PM
Bright Gem is currently offline Click here to Send Bright Gem a Private Message Find more posts by Bright Gem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

the dvd i saw it on was scratched so i saw everything except for the last 5 or 10 minutes which sort of ruined the experience for me. really good movie though, the nose smashing scene was brutal.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 12:36 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boomshakalaka

GGGGGGREAT!!! I loved this movie.
It was excellent. Its was sad. I didnt trust that damn Faun though!
Anyone else trust him?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2007 07:43 PM
boomshakalaka is currently offline Click here to Send boomshakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by boomshakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

The movie was cool, huh?

I wanna see it.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 10:48 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

i didnt trust him either, i definitely thought he was tricking her into something bad. what happened at the end? someone tell me how to do spoilers so i can say how far i saw.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 05:23 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Spoilers are done with spoiler tags, like so [spoiler]Hi![*spoiler] but put a / where the * is. Tada!

I didn't like it so much...I don't think I was in the mood for what I saw when I saw it.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 08:20 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

Man I was expecting so much more fantasy than there was in movie.

It felt more like a war movie than a dark fantasy movie like I was expecting.

Still a great movie, though and definitely worth watching.

I didn't trust that damn faun through the entire movie.

The part with the "feast" seemed almost like something out of Silent Hill.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2007 09:48 PM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I missed it in the theater in my hometown, but it was just shown in the theater near my university. Excellent, excellent movie. Not really what I was expecting--the fantasy elements were less promonent then I expected--but still excellent.

And the feast scene was brilliant, although you'd sort of expect that even a child would have had more sense then to eat those damn grapes.

And I don't think you were supposed to trust the fawn.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 09:47 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

saw it last night, amazing, loved it.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 09:53 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Very good film, and like alot of the comments on here, I didn't trust the faun at all lol, but then again, we were supposed to think he was lying smile

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 12:20 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

3-1/2 out of 5 stars for me. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but rather a very good movie with excellent parallelism in terms of human layers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it a good deal, but 85% of it is a psychological war drama, and I've seen better psychological war dramas.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 04:39 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Yeah didn't trust the Faun at all. Especially when she asked about the carving depicting the Faun, herself and a little baby and the way the Faun quickly turned the convo around. That general though, I wish they could have tortured that sadistic piece of phlegm. The faun should have taken a dump in his mouth when they shot his ass in the face.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 07:49 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I liked the movie but I wouldn't really call it phenomenal or anything. The entire movie felt like I was watching the rough draft of something that could have been so great. The movie seemed to aspire to much more than it was. I give it about a 8.0 out of 10.

Anyone else think that Ofelia's facial expression was HILARIOUS when she ate the grapes. It's like she told those fairies "**** you!"

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 08:24 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
Anyone else think that Ofelia's facial expression was HILARIOUS when she ate the grapes. It's like she told those fairies "**** you!"
"it was funny but i like the "oh shit" look she had when that thing came to life and went to attack her after eating the fairies

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 02:53 AM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I loved that damn movie. I will buy it as soon as it goes on sale as a previously viewed movie at Blockbuster. It is definitely the best movie I have seen since The Departed.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 06:01 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

I'd give it a 4.7. I knew it was going to be dark, but I had no idea how violent it could get. I'm the only one that liked it though, everyone else was "What? IT's not in English!?!! NAH-AH!" but it's better that way, it does take place in spain.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 06:36 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kero_Co
I'd give it a 4.7. I knew it was going to be dark, but I had no idea how violent it could get. I'm the only one that liked it though, everyone else was "What? IT's not in English!?!! NAH-AH!" but it's better that way, it does take place in spain.

Yeah, I think the movie being in Spanish really helped the tone of the film. When I think back to it, I don't even remember reading subtitles.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 10:43 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WheretoVirtue?
Presumptuous

I was like "Oh.." when I heard it was in Spanish. But after five minutes of watching it, I didn't even know I was reading them and I don't even remember the spanish speaking! Just like when I saw The Passion of the Christ..except that was in Aramaic.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 01:03 AM
WheretoVirtue? is currently offline Click here to Send WheretoVirtue? a Private Message Find more posts by WheretoVirtue? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

My husband to be wants to see it.But I think it looks too strange to see.JM

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 01:58 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote