KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beta Ray Bill and Thor (Weaponless) versus Hulk

Beta Ray Bill and Thor (Weaponless) versus Hulk
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Hulk has fought Thor many times with weapons and beat him down. BRB here is almost a non factor and I feel he will basically get one shotted, and if not one shotted, he will go down quickly. Hulk's anger will outmatch Thor's warrior madness over time. And I don't see any other way around it.

thumb up

You're the best.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 04:04 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I wouldn't go that far as saying BRB is a non factor, both can get some wins. Thing is, CIS is still on for this characters and thor almost always try to slug it out with the hulk and that won't do any good.

In regards to Bill he can hold his own for a while but goes down like a warrior as well.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Oct 29th, 2014 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 04:11 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Thor vs Kurse.

It even states Kurse is 4 times stronger than Thor in thus fight and Thor not only withstands a beating from him, he stalemates him in a contest of strength.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...e05486.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...urse06.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...urse07.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...e08488.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...urse09.jpg.html

This goes against Stoic entire argument. Wait, Kurse is low Herald in strength (lol).

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 04:17 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not to mention his Kurse armor is vastly superior in every way, and Thor still pulled off a stalemate.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 04:21 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Not to mention his Kurse armor is vastly superior in every way, and Thor still pulled off a stalemate.

Sure did but per Stoic, if someone is far stronger, they should get taken out quickly which goes against durability and damage soak.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 04:40 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by carver9
Thor vs Kurse.

It even states Kurse is 4 times stronger than Thor in thus fight and Thor not only withstands a beating from him, he stalemates him in a contest of strength.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...e05486.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...urse06.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...e08488.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...urse09.jpg.html

This goes against Stoic entire argument. Wait, Kurse is low Herald in strength (lol).

Why in the world would you use this example in an attempt to strengthen your opinion? Thor is a far better fighter than the Hulk in terms of pure martial skill. There are more things to take into consideration than going in and slugging it out with an overpowering force. However in the Hulk's case this is what he would do, and in doing he would be taken out early on in the match before he was able to gain enough strength to become too great of a threat for the two of these guys, who are the protectors of their respective races.

You're also leaving out the fact that they both know about the Hulk's power set. Do you really think that they're going to go easy on him like a bunch of lunk heads? No! They're going to take the fight to him as ferociously as they can to end it. it isn't out of character for either of them to go killer instinct on an opponent. Bill is just prone to lose it a little quicker than Thor is. What? Are you suggesting that they stand there and wait for him to ramp up knowing what type of a threat he is when this happens?

I said this before, and I will say it again. If they act stupid, and sit there waiting for him to multiply in strength, they get beaten. If they go in with charged fists, and hit him with everything that they have they win this in the first 2 minutes in. Why pretend like the Hulk has never been KO'd before?

Sure did but per Stoic, if someone is far stronger, they should get taken out quickly which goes against durability and damage soak.

Explain this statement so that I can understand the full weight of it.

Last edited by Stoic on Oct 29th, 2014 at 05:44 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 05:39 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Being a better fighter can do that for him, and many other characters. Should I begin a list? This is something that you should know.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 05:40 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Stoic
Why in the world would you use this example in an attempt to strengthen your opinion? Thor is a far better fighter than the Hulk in terms of pure martial skill. There are more things to take into consideration than going in and slugging it out with an overpowering force. However in the Hulk's case this is what he would do, and in doing he would be taken out early on in the match before he was able to gain enough strength to become too great of a threat for the two of these guys, who are the protectors of their respective races.

You're also leaving out the fact that they both know about the Hulk's power set. Do you really think that they're going to go easy on him like a bunch of lunk heads? No! They're going to take the fight to him as ferociously as they can to end it. it isn't out of character for either of them to go killer instinct on an opponent. Bill is just prone to lose it a little quicker than Thor is. What? Are you suggesting that they stand there and wait for him to ramp up knowing what type of a threat he is when this happens?

I said this before, and I will say it again. If they act stupid, and sit there waiting for him to multiply in strength, they get beaten. If they go in with charged fists, and hit him with everything that they have they win this in the first 2 minutes in. Why pretend like the Hulk has never been KO'd before?

Explain this statement so that I can understand the full weight of it.

Hulk starts off at high Herald per the scans I presented and shown you that you tend to ignore. He has High Herald fts at a calm state and you have as of yet to provide an instance of a calm Hulk failing to do something physically that a High Herald can do. Hell, on average, a calm Hulk has better lifting fts than Bill, someone you consider as a High Herald physically (that doesn't have a single ft outside of his hammer proving this). The only thing you are doing is ignoring evidence and like I said before, I've found 3 voters and I am about to post our argument in a thread to get their opinions. The people that decided to vote is Darksaint, Bently, and Riv.

Now I am going to ask this again, and if you don't provide proof, I'm making the thread, what showings of Hulk put his base/calm level below High Herald? Also, you said it takes minutes for him to ramp up his Strength when it has been stated on panel that it takes him seconds. Where did you get the idea that it takes 5 minutes for Hulk's strength to increase?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 12:42 PM
carver9

Being a better fighter can do that for him, and many other characters. Should I begin a list? This is something that you should know.

Being a better fighter? laughing out loud

Now you're changing your argument. Kurse was able to get multiple hits off of Thor and Thor was still able to stand. Not only that, Thor stalemated him in a contest of strength.

laughing out loud

You're terrible.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 12:43 PM
carver9

Scans of Kurse getting in some licks.

Heavy licks and Thor is still ok. Per Stoic, if someone is stronger, they should be able to take the other person out from the onset of the battle, no matter the durability.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 12:46 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

No reason to get hussy with me

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 05:40 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

I agree with Carver that Hulk loses.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 05:58 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Question...

How did Zeus know Hulk healing factor and strength was gone? How did he know it would take month for his powers to return? How did he know his depleted healing factor would only keep him alive to survive the Vulture but not to the point of replenishing his power?

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/586...22_018.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/586...22_019.jpg.html

Always wanted to know this.

Zeus can basically do anything from what I've seen

You're so wise, carver.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 11:15 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by DarkOdin
lol the Godhunter arc says you have no clue what you are talking about BRB

He can project omnidirectional energy balsts from his body after undoing the power limiters on his cyborg body. And yes, I have not read Godhunter. I haven't see him do anything else without his hammer than with his fists. If you have, I DEMMAAND THEEE SCANNNSSS!!! JK lol. Just give me more Bill awesomeness.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 07:36 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Insane Titan
I agree with Carver that Hulk loses against King Hyperion.

Sure you do

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 07:37 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

He can also be KO'd. Let's not pretend that he is above being KO'd. He isn't. They take the vast majority.

You seems to have forgotten that these two aren't above being Ko'd as well

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 07:42 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I'd say its unfair to throw out toher feats from Spidey. He has nearly killed Firelord, literally beaten the Carnage symbiote off of Carnage Cosmic Silver Sufer, and on another occasion made Surfer beg for mercy. Surfer even once said when he was fighting Spider Man he was fighting for his life. Beaten Thanos and an Infinit Gauntlet user as well. Will post more feats when I find them

And he has affected Thanos with the IG with his hists as well, soemthing some of the heavy hitters were not able to

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 07:44 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Reflassshh
I wouldn't go that far as saying BRB is a non factor, both can get some wins.

Can't you tell between a joke and a serous post? Time was just riling up Stoic

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 08:00 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Team wrecks..

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 08:12 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Team wrecks..

Whatever. You're enetitled to your opinion

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 08:41 PM