KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs. Apacolypse

Thor vs. Apacolypse
Started by: Rutog98

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Thor has beaten Apoc before...

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:43 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

WE agreed on nothing. I mean it. Stop posting for awhile and STFU. Or I'll do something completely crazy, like argue AGAINST Apocalypse. I'd ban you myself if I had the power.

Edit: Really? Can I get scans? Also, classic or current Apoc?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:44 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Thor has beaten Apoc before...
Really?

You learn something new once in a while...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:47 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Actually, this is a close fight. Classic Apoc CAN stand up to Thor. Let's see, he could absorb the lightning, mind-rape, open a hole in his body to avoid the hammer throw, give himself immunity to kinetic energy so the hammer does no damage, absorb Thor's life force, speedblitz, teleport, etc. I'm not saying Apoc can clean sweep classic Thor, but he sure as hell can draw even at least.

He may absorb Thor's lightning blast, but to what extent? When battling Ego it was said that Thor can increase the effectiveness of his lighting 1000 fold, making it far hotter than the heat produced at the core of the sun. Also, Thor could summon Omni-directional lighting and winds on a planetary scale, keeping Apoc dead or severely damaged.

Mind-Rape roll eyes (sarcastic)

As most know, Thor is extremely resistant to TP. He's fought of telepathic assaults that even put Moondragon down.

Why would Thor foolishly throw his hammer at Apoc in a bloodlusted battle, where each character is fighting to the best of their abilities? He could just as easily use an anti gravity attack, leaving Apoc helpless. No amount of shape shifting is gonna help that.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...rskrull1ex2.jpg

Nice trick. Although it would be useless to use in a situation such as this, where your opponent has about a million others options other than making this battle a physical confrontation.

When has Apoc absorbed the life force of an opponent on Thor's lv? In fact, when has Apoc absorbed someones life force period?

Speedblitz.no expression

Whats teleporting going to help? laughing

Thor 7/10

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:47 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

WE agreed on nothing. I mean it. Stop posting for awhile and STFU. Or I'll do something completely crazy, like argue AGAINST Apocalypse. I'd ban you myself if I had the power.

It's a one panel flash back in an Uncanny issue. One of Apoc's fallowers is talking about his defeats and we are treated to a one panel flash back of Apoc floating around helplessly in space with Thor flying around him.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:48 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok, the celestial feats are somewhat PISy. I'll give props for the Durok feat.

Swerve, quit it. I'm gonna get really pissed at you if you don't stop this shit......

How so? He knocked Arshiem off his feat, only to be owned shortly afterwards.

He crushed Exitar's dome(I think that was him) which didn't contradict his history as a character with insane physical strength.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:50 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Soujaboy
He may absorb Thor's lightning blast, but to what extent? When battling Ego it was said that Thor can increase the effectiveness of his lighting 1000 fold, making it far hotter than the heat produced at the core of the sun. Also, Thor could summon Omni-directional lighting and winds on a planetary scale, keeping Apoc dead or severely damaged.
Also...
(please log in to view the image)

He makes Atum transform.

The sun's heat didn't affect Atum, but Thor's lighting (mixed with some of the sun's powers) did.

Oh ya, Atum would bend Apoc over (along with most, if not all, of Marvel Earth), and... all the matter manipulation in the world isn't going to help the pain of his colon.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:50 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

That completely contradicts things like Apoc stalemating the HE and beating Ikaris and maneuvering easily in space. I'd say it's more likely current Apoc than Classic. Apocalypse is certainly capable of absorbing lifeforce. It's within his powerset.

Edit: Thor knew he couldn't possibly beat Atum in that fight. He was trying to piss him off. Of course Atum would rape Apoc as well. Demogorge beats down Elder Gods like Thanos beats down Surfer.

Last edited by TricksterPriest on Feb 22nd, 2007 at 03:54 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:52 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
swerve1988
elite

geez....sound a lil "suspect" confused !!!!!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:53 AM
swerve1988 is currently offline Click here to Send swerve1988 a Private Message Find more posts by swerve1988 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Soujaboy
He crushed Exitar's dome(I think that was him) which didn't contradict his history as a character with insane physical strength.
It was. Arishem was also there, and Exitar towered over him.
I guess I should also say that he had the belt of Strength...

Thor 388.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:56 AM
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Space M ummy
I'm with trickster. (Classic) Apocalypse at his most powerful was a true team wrecker. I have the Xfactor Issue where he "dies" on the moon. Apocalypse was taking point blank shots from Black Bolt + Xfactor + the rest of the inhumans combined with zero apparent damage.

He was also several stories tall at this point.

Apoc also has good showings vs. Ikaris and the High Evolutionary, and successfully put an angry hulk in a choke hold. The man's strength is no joke.

Speaking of which, don't forget Apocalypse has SCADS of Celestial tech just laying around to be used if need be. I'd also be willing to wager he's a good bit smarter than standard Thor.

I'd give classic apoc 6 or 7 out of ten vs. Thor, current one dies horribly though.

You shouldn't be, doing so places you on the losing end of this debate. erm

Being a team wrecker somehow means your some uber powerful character? Guess that makes Hulk, and Juggernaut two of the most powerful characters in the MU.

Thor can shrink people, increasing his size wont help in this battle.

Which means nothing. Thor's has great showings against Galactus, Stranger, Zeus, Ego, etc. However the above fights don't give him automatic wins against other characters in his league.

Thor's done better than a choke hold. He's actually physically killed Hulk while at the same time battling other hero's.

Wouldn't grabbing celestial tech be considered as outside help?

I call it the other way around.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:58 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

That completely contradicts things like Apoc stalemating the HE and beating Ikaris and maneuvering easily in space. I'd say it's more likely current Apoc than Classic. Apocalypse is certainly capable of absorbing lifeforce. It's within his powerset.

Edit: Thor knew he couldn't possibly beat Atum in that fight. He was trying to piss him off. Of course Atum would rape Apoc as well. Demogorge beats down Elder Gods like Thanos beats down Surfer.
Maybe Apoc was KOed, or couldn't fight anymore...

I know, but he still affected him. I never said he beat him.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:58 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

and I give Thor his props. Part of that credit must go to Mjolnir though.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:00 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

and I give Thor his props. Part of that credit must go to Mjolnir though.
And what part of Apoc's credit goes to Celestial Tech?

Also, as I have shown, he has one-shotted a character that has given him troubles, with his own godly energies.
No hammer.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:04 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I meant his blasting Atum, not his own skills and powers. He wouldn't have been able to hurt Atum without the hammer. Your point is well taken though.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:06 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

I meant his blasting Atum, not his own skills and powers. He wouldn't have been able to hurt Atum without the hammer. Your point is well taken though.
OK... but he still has his hammer for this fight... so the credit should go to his hammer, BUT it is still irrelevent to say so.

So... Thor wins?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:08 AM
swerve1988
elite

thor < APOC

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:08 AM
swerve1988 is currently offline Click here to Send swerve1988 a Private Message Find more posts by swerve1988 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by swerve1988
thor < APOC
Based on?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:09 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

What exactly is Apocolypse going to do to hurt Thor?

I mean the guy gets owned by the xmen,,,

Is it just me or does it seem like the xmen shouldn't be an a-list team

I mean they don't don't have the powerhouses (avengers) and they don't have the super-science (Fantastic Four) and they don't even have any magic users (Alpha Flight)

Seriously, the only reason they are still around is because they are polular, the MU could definitly go on without the xmen

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:13 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Grimm22
What exactly is Apocolypse going to do to hurt Thor?

I mean the guy gets owned by the xmen,,,

Is it just me or does it seem like the xmen shouldn't be an a-list team

I mean they don't don't have the powerhouses (avengers) and they don't have the super-science (Fantastic Four) and they don't even have any magic users (Alpha Flight)

Seriously, the only reason they are still around is because they are polular, the MU could definitly go on without the xmen

They are the most relatable to the typical comic reader.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:16 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote