KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » I have great news! *sarcasm, sarcasm*

I have great news! *sarcasm, sarcasm*
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

I have great news! *sarcasm, sarcasm*

I have wonderful news! I broke my arm, isn't that great? sad roll eyes (sarcastic)

I was riding to school this morning, as usual. I was getting close to school, when my friend Genral Zink turned to cross the street. I turned too hard and my front tire hit his back tire. My 30 lb. back-pack shifted to my left, and I flipped off my bike. I pushed myself over with my right hand, and noticed that my left was kinda limp. I scraped my feet and hands up.

The car behind me stopped and the guy driving it jumped out and helped me get up. By then I was yelling "Ow! Damn it!" Thye man from the house that I wiped out and righted my bike, which he said he'd hold until I (or my mom) picked it up, since I wasn't gonna be riding it. My band teacher saw me wipe out and got me in his car and drove me to the school nurse.

My mom picked me up from there and took me to Hoag (the hospital we go to for almost everything). They took x-rays, confirmed that my arm was broken, put it in a splint, and scheduled my cast-making with another doctor at 1:00 PM. They gave me a shot of Vikeaden, which hurt a lot and made me sick to my stomache.

At 1:00 I went to the doctor's, after sitting at home watching the movie "Major Payne" (it's hilarious, watch it!). The doctor looked at my x-rays and then shoved a big old 2 inch needle into my arm right where it was hurting the most, injecting numbing stuff into my arm. He poked my arm (which completely went numb), then twisted my arm into position. eek! mad rolling on floor laughing sick

Then I got a full arm cast, where I have to hold my arm in an L shape for the next...6 weeks. My siblings have already signed it. I'm not going to school tomorrow. My arm itches.

Now that I have a (light blue, soccer team color) cast, I can't:

1. play the clarinet in the school band
2. play my GameCube (and I just rented Turok: Evolution too!)
3. ride my bike (which is a piece of junk after that biff; scratched up with twisted handle bars and seat)
4. play at soccer games (because I might accidentally kill someone with this rock-hard arm)
5. type on the computer (well, I can but only with one hand and it takes forever)

Sorry I missed your birthday Ush! I was set on starting your birthday thread, but I was busy yesterday and you know what happened today. I'll send you a 6-pack of cream soda (I must have drunken at least 2 gallons of it today!) and a bag of caramel candies I got from my neighbor. smile

I won't be posting as much because it takes forever with one hand, but I'll try as much as I can.

Wish me well!

~El Capitan REX~

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 02:44 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Turok evolution really stinks, take my word for it!

Get well soon.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 02:54 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

An unfortunate twist of fate, Rex. No doubts there.

But what the hell do you have in your backpack where it weighs 30 pounds?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 03:30 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Turok: Evolution is too unique and too "happy" to be a Turok game in my opinion. Still fun considering the fact that I don't have any other bloody games for GC. The video game indutry is making all the good games for PS2 and X-box. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I have to carry a lot of crappy books to and from school. 2 BIG notebooks, lots of papers, a packet of notebook paper, and my lunch. It added to the 140 pounds that fell on my arm (the 140 would be me; with the pack I weighed about 170 or 180), therefore it snapped like a twig. sad sad sad

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 03:52 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Leave all of that crap at school so you don't have to lug it around.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 03:56 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

The graphics are horrible and it takes forever to load!
The story sucks ass and it's sooo 'Doom'! roll eyes (sarcastic)

You should get on of those girly baskets for your bike evil face

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 04:00 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Wish I could, but the teachers are all saying that we have carry that shit everywhere just incase [we want to break our arms]. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 04:02 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

No kidding. You should sue, Rex.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 04:17 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Turok Evolution got shitty reviews.
Major Payne? sick

hope your arm gets well

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 01:35 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

no you can let all the girls sign your cast big grin

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 01:36 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Ow...I never broke my arm..but I can bet how it feels.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 01:40 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yayy!! good news!
*reads posts*
hey! it isn't good!

hope you'll be better soon

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 02:36 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(Waits)

Where the heck is my candy, then?

Ah, I am sure the six weeks will fly-by, Rex... and you'll be 25 before you know it, nagdammit.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 05:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

quote:
Originally posted by finti
no you can let all the girls sign your cast big grin

Oh yeah... evil face big grin

I didn't go to school today. I'm dead tired and my arm is aching a lot. sad

Thanx you guys. I haven't talked to my friends yet (well, actually I talked to 4 of them), so I like it when I get to tell anyone. smile

Ow! I just bumped my arm. sad

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 06:02 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Ouch, sounds painful.

I've never broken a bone in my body as luck would have it, I did have a metal bar about 5/6mm diameter go right through my hand once at work and that was painful.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 06:31 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

my sis had that once... taking it off was horrible imo

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 07:34 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

bummer rex...never broke anything. Had bad..really bad bike falls..but no more than bad really bad scratches....

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 08:54 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Ouch! A metal bar in your hand? That's gotta be worse than what I have. eek!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 11:40 PM
Julie
The Student

Have I ever listed all the bones I've broken????? I know how you feel rex, and it aint fun.....I broke my arm in kindergarden....then for the next few years I broke another bone.....wrists and ankle every six months like clockwork. I've also broken a few fingers and my little toe....I think that's it...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2002 01:35 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That's a lot of broken bones Julie. eek!

I tried to play GameCube, but it hurt. My friend nuked me 1,000 times on Turok.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2002 02:12 AM