KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The Best damn warships out there?

The Best damn warships out there?
Started by: doan_m

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
doan_m

The Suncrusher was designed primarily around one particular and unique purpose. To destroy a sun, acting as a weapon of mass destruction. It's foremost main and primary purpose is not built around engaging war fleets despite the fact that it can. All those point defense systems are designed as SECONDARY designs meant to throw in that additional purpose of defense. The MAIN design is not directly centralized around engaging fleets. If the designers made the suncrusher and decided its foremost main purpose was hostile fleet engagement, rather then acting as a WMD platform then it actually would have been an acceptable answer.

Second problem is that the suncrusher is actually no bigger then a fighter craft. And another problem was the logistics of said superweapon. It only carries a mere 11 resonance torpedoes in its hull rather then stocking up on hordes of projectiles as should be expected with other warships.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2007 07:28 PM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

no expression

Old Post Mar 11th, 2007 08:47 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gentmax

I like the Battlestar Pegasus, myself. I know it wouldn't last against many of the other ships mentioned, but it has a much more realistic quality to it.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:02 PM
gentmax is currently offline Click here to Send gentmax a Private Message Find more posts by gentmax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodoverme

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Actually there are races and ships that could easily defeat Culture ships

could you give examples and from what novels or series they are?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 05:42 AM
bloodoverme is currently offline Click here to Send bloodoverme a Private Message Find more posts by bloodoverme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodoverme

Originally posted by doan_m
The main purpose of the Suncrusher is to invoke mass destruction on a scale that puts itself above the norm in it's native universe. The general definition of superweapon is an extremely powerful weapon by the standards of its time and its scale. Suncrusher exceeds normal power levels in SW thus making it more superweapon then warship.

you do know that minesweepers are considered as warships though its only purpose is to eliminate sea mines? in my opinion the Suncrusher falls into the category of a warship. my vote goes to the species 8472 warship from the star trek universe.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 07:40 AM
bloodoverme is currently offline Click here to Send bloodoverme a Private Message Find more posts by bloodoverme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by bloodoverme
could you give examples and from what novels or series they are?

For example, TARDISes from Doctor Who.

Not like the Doctor's TARDIS, which was an obsolete, broken down piece of junk that other Timelords just laughed at, but I mean top - of - the - line, state - of - the - art War TARDISes.

High - end ships from the Perry Rhodan - verse, such as Chaos Tenders and Cosmic Factories are also far beyond the capabilities of the Culture.

Then there are the Jjaro vessels from the Marathon computer game series.

Really, there are quite a lot.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 08:04 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

Originally posted by bloodoverme
[B]you do know that minesweepers are considered as warships though its only purpose is to eliminate sea mines?

what still makes minesweepers a warship is that the design itself is first and primarily a warship in its own right. The devices of minesweeping(MNV'S, are attached to the warship itself, rather then being a ship whose design is greatly influenced by its own purpose which is the problem with the suncrusher.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 08:21 PM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flame On!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Endless Mike
For example, TARDISes from Doctor Who.

Not like the Doctor's TARDIS, which was an obsolete, broken down piece of junk that other Timelords just laughed at, but I mean top - of - the - line, state - of - the - art War TARDISes.

High - end ships from the Perry Rhodan - verse, such as Chaos Tenders and Cosmic Factories are also far beyond the capabilities of the Culture.

Then there are the Jjaro vessels from the Marathon computer game series.

Really, there are quite a lot.

Of course Starlords ship which was actually a cosmic cube could do it. As could the Authority's vessel which was a bit like the sphere in Excession being able to traverse higher dimensions Xeelee nightfighters as the Culture have no time travel.

-FO!!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2007 12:03 AM
Flame On!! is currently offline Click here to Send Flame On!! a Private Message Find more posts by Flame On!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the main ship from aliens. or the giant chicken from serenity lol the last one was a joke

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 07:34 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

The Invisible Hand - because its such a cool name.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 12:30 PM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I like Executor Super Star Destroyer.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 24th, 2007 at 03:28 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:22 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Those are great to.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 11:02 AM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry to bump but:

Galactus's ship

Old Post Sep 17th, 2009 07:58 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

War TARDIS

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 04:14 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote