KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darkseid vs. Thanos

Darkseid vs. Thanos
Started by: nvrbeenwthagirl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (141): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
No, his showings are all through time.

We know he has it, because absorbing Pantheons is how he came to power.

They even made mention of him doing it later, in JKFW in the late 90s.

We've seen him create Takion's equal opposite, Stayne, by simply reaching out with a giant starry hand. Assuming you know how powerful Takion is.

Darkseid's feats are awesome.

I know he has good showings that happen. I'm saying wasn't that when his BEST showings happen.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 10:59 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Inhuman
Didnt the OE not erase Thanos?
If they fight in a neutural universe(no source(dc), or marvel). Who would win. Were DS cant resort to the pis effect.
.... How about no. We aren't taking characters powers away.

Otherwise, we'll say Superman vs Thor, Dr Strange, and Odin, only it's in a nuetral universe where Magic and Odinforce don't exist.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:00 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

No magic???? omg superman loses... Her jobber aura is due entirely to magic!

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:01 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Superman's a girl now?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:02 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

.... How about no. We aren't taking characters powers away.

Otherwise, we'll say Superman vs Thor, Dr Strange, and Odin, only it's in a nuetral universe where Magic and Odinforce don't exist.

So you would be totally fine with the statement "Darkseid erases Thanos in a second 10/10"? (even though he cant)
This would be totally exceptable to you?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:06 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

So you would be totally fine with the statement "Darkseid erases Thanos in a second 10/10"? (even though he cant)
I never said that,[although it could certainly happen.] but Darkseid has more powers avaiable through the Omega than just erasing people. Taking it away, you're taking away a lot of his character.

Last edited by Juntai on Sep 27th, 2006 at 11:12 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:09 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

In a merged universe, the OE wouldnt be able to erase Thanos becuz thanos is out side of fate or something like that. kinda like warlock and surfer and stuff.(akin to being imporant to the source) But DS could do to thanos what thanos did to the runner. His OE can pretty much do anything the Time, reality or space gem can do on thier own. DS could Turn thanos into a baby again or something nasty like that. IF it where hand to hand, I dont know. They both can fight hella well. But I think DS has many more life times of exp than thanos.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:12 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
In a merged universe, the OE wouldnt be able to erase Thanos becuz thanos is out side of fate or something like that. kinda like warlock and surfer and stuff.(akin to being imporant to the source) But DS could do to thanos what thanos did to the runner. His OE can pretty much do anything the Time, reality or space gem can do on thier own. DS could Turn thanos into a baby again or something nasty like that. IF it where hand to hand, I dont know. They both can fight hella well. But I think DS has many more life times of exp than thanos.
Mostly true, however I don't see how Thanos couldn't be transported to Oblivion[and no this place cannot be escaped by simple teleportation, either.]. Which is how both teleportation through space/time and erasing people happens.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:16 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I see. So your saying DS basically has the Infinity Gauntlet in his eye Omega beams. Hmmm I get it now. I dont see why he would obses so much over ALE if he has the damn IG at his disposal.
Thanks for clearing that up. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:19 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I see. So your saying DS basically has the Infinity Gauntlet in his eye Omega beams. Hmmm I get it now. I dont see why he would obses so much over ALE if he has the damn IG at his disposal.

You don't have to be sore at the fact that Darkseid is above Thanos. erm He just is...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:20 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Oddly enough, he can and has done all of that stuff. Just not quite on the universal scale as the gems can in the right hands. -That- is why Darkseid wants the ALE.

[When in actuality, he appears to have the ALE in his latest appearances anyways.]

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:22 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Oddly enough, he can and has done all of that stuff. Just not quite on the universal scale as the gems can in the right hands. -That- is why Darkseid wants the ALE.

[When in actuality, he appears to have the ALE in his latest appearances anyways.]

Yea I can see him doing some of those things to weaker beings. But not to the more powerful foes.

Also not realating to anything but the IG>ALE as far as we seen.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:24 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

But not to the more powerful foes.

Even though he pwns pantheon's of gods and skyfathers? huh

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:27 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Omega effect is more than his eye beams. It's part of the source, and he has used it to affect reality, control aspects of time, aspects of space, and more. the IG can affect souls and minds. I dont know if DS can affect souls, but he sure as hell can minds. So He kinda does resemble a mini IG.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:27 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea I can see him doing some of those things to weaker beings. But not to the more powerful foes.

This would be including Ares with the GODWAVE trapped in time and space? I guess he doesn't really use it on more powerful foes. YOur right.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:30 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Why not? He runs around fighting Pantheon Gods, New Gods, and teams of the highest end heros?
He's created skyfather level beings with a fraction of his power.
He turned Secret, who was a being of phenominal power, training with Spectre and New Gods, to be an aspect of death and void, of sorts, into a human girl.
In one comic, he killed Kalibak, nearly a Superman level baddie, with a touch.

Let's face it, Darkseids really only bad showings are losing to Supes, but hey, Supes beats everyone. And it's taken him shooting himself with his most powerful attack in all of his recorded losses so far.

I've read most every Thanos appearance, ranging from his 12 issue series, Thanos Quest, Infinity Watch, the Infinite Gauntlet series, The End etc... I'm a fan of the guy, but he's not beating Darkseid without prep when Darkseid is fighting to optimum, as per forum rules.

Last edited by Juntai on Sep 27th, 2006 at 11:33 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:31 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Why not? He runs around fighting Pantheon Gods, New Gods, and teams of the highest end heros?
He turned Secret, who was a being of phenominal power, training with Spectre and New Gods, to be an aspect of death and void, of sorts, into a human girl.

Let's face it, Darkseids really only bad showings are losing to Supes, but hey, Supes beats everyone. And it's taken him shooting himself with his most powerful attack in all of his recorded losses so far.

I've read most every Thanos appearance, ranging from his 12 issue series, Thanos Quest, Infinity Watch, the Infinite Gauntlet series, The End etc... I'm a fan of the guy, but he's not beating Darkseid without prep when Darkseid is fighting to optimum, as per forum rules.

I mean the OE will not just erase thanos if they ever fought.
Second I never said who would win this. Just stating certain things because to some it seems they are convinced that DS can just erase thanos in seconds 10/10.
Sorry aint going to happen. No matter how much you dislike the guy. He is on par with darky.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:37 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Well said. Thanos<<<Darkseid

It's as simple as that.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:37 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean the OE will not just erase thanos if they ever fought.
Second I never said who would win this. Just stating certain things because to some it seems they are convinced that DS can just erase thanos in seconds 10/10.
Sorry aint going to happen. No matter how much you dislike the guy. He is on par with darky.

Don't fool urself. He's not on par with DS. THanos is closer in power to Asmodel,Despero, GOG, or someone like that. He's definitely above Thor, Superman and those types. But most of the feats DS has accomplished, Thanos has to use some outside power up to do.

Last edited by nvrbeenwthagirl on Sep 27th, 2006 at 11:48 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:42 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Don't fool urself. He's not on par with DS. THanos is closer in power to Asmodel,Despero, GOG, or someone like that. He's definitely above Thor, Superman and those types.

some think superman takes the majority over thanos.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:47 PM