KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » we really need a versus anything forum

should we have a versus anything forum
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes 16 57.14%
no 12 42.86%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

we really need a versus anything forum
Started by: fanboy 1988

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mr.smiley

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
I guess we should just get rid of the VG Vs., on that logic.

Yes.Or admit that having an vs anything forum isn't that big of a leap.It realy isn't.How can we have a potential match up such as Spider-Ham vs Doomsday,yet we are prohibited from some truly great matches that could come from an anything vs forums?

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 16th, 2007 07:26 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, "vs. anything" forums work well in every other forum on the damn planet that has them.

The only problem I see is that the existing Mods don't want to have to go through the trouble of moderating them. However, I think that if the current Mods don't feel up the task, why not just promote some of our senior, respectable members to do it?

Or at least do a test trial, have a Vs. everything forum for a week and observe the results, then form conclusions on how much trouble or lack there of will be started.

I agree.Their are plenty of good members out their who would probably moderate a vs anything forum rather well.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 16th, 2007 07:29 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: we really need a versus anything forum

Originally posted by fanboy 1988

your not allowed to post star wars stuff in the comic book versus forum, you can't have comic characters vs video game characters in the video game vs forum, and you can't have anything but star wars shit in the star wars vs forum...

Star wars is a long running comic book series, why can't it be posted in the Comic VS forum?

Burn Baby, BURN!!!My Sig Artwork

Old Post May 16th, 2007 11:08 PM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

every sock troll retard comes from the vs. forum.
people refer to the otf as the kmc toilet. i believe the vs forum
would be the kmc tumor.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post May 16th, 2007 11:22 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Starhawk
Star wars is a long running comic book series, why can't it be posted in the Comic VS forum?

Because it didn't start as a comic.

Old Post May 16th, 2007 11:38 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Tattoo
Because it didn't start as a comic.

What he said.

The first Star Wars comics appeared in 1979-1980, 2-3 years after the fact. Published by Marvel, if I remember correctly.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 17th, 2007 02:41 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Exactly, and as I said already...

Originally posted by Lana
Being as all of the versus forums have rules in place that state that something that's in that forum must originate in that format, no, SW should not be allowed in CBVS.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 17th, 2007 03:55 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which is weak... Because Darth Maul vs. Wolverine would be an excellent fight...

Old Post May 17th, 2007 02:33 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by HumanMovieGuide
If people like it and it becomes a success. We can simply delete all the other vs forums since they aren't necessary anymore. We'll only have to watch over one big forum instead of many little ones.

I think you will find that measure extremely unpopular. Patrons of the current vs. areas are very much attached to them and do not want them merged into one big 'anything' vs. area.

It also breaks the community spirit of having all related areas together (Comic Book vs. is part of the Comic Book areas, SW vs. is part of the SW areas etc.) which does not work well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 17th, 2007 at 05:53 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2007 05:50 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Hell no! Er thats Hell no for vs everything.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 12:12 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Next thing you know, you'll have "OMGZ WHO WILLLL WINZ WOLV3INEE OR ANIKINZ WITHOUTZ HIS LITESABER11?????1?11".

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post May 18th, 2007 03:42 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
Which is weak... Because Darth Maul vs. Wolverine would be an excellent fight...

no expression

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 18th, 2007 04:33 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

quote:
It also breaks the community spirit of having all related areas together (Comic Book vs. is part of the Comic Book areas, SW vs. is part of the SW areas etc.) which does not work well. [/B]

Or it simply serves to strengthen "community spirit", as the spectrum of whom to debate against generally broadens and the fans are forced to defend their own turf with greater zeal. And really now, a versus where comic books are pitted against Sci-fi generally works fine, by means of measurement of power levels.

quote:
Next thing you know, you'll have "OMGZ WHO WILLLL WINZ WOLV3INEE OR ANIKINZ WITHOUTZ HIS LITESABER11?????1?11".

And whats wrong with that?

Old Post May 19th, 2007 01:29 AM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Thorrin

But that's not half as exciting as "WAHOO PKMN OMG HEY TUEDDIURSSA VS UH SILVER SURFER BUT GET THIS TEDDIURSA HAS A PISTOL CUZ BARKER TOLD HIM HOW AND SURFER BROKED HIS BOOAD SO NOW FITE"

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post May 19th, 2007 01:42 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

laughing out loud

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post May 19th, 2007 03:02 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

Originally posted by doan_m
Or it simply serves to strengthen "community spirit", as the spectrum of whom to debate against generally broadens and the fans are forced to defend their own turf with greater zeal. And really now, a versus where comic books are pitted against Sci-fi generally works fine, by means of measurement of power levels.

And whats wrong with that?
There are pros and cons here both sides have a valid point. I personally would like a vs everything forum that will finally liven things up a bit giving new options for most of the forums that have all but ran out of good ideas the biggest problem with this idea is regulation

Old Post May 19th, 2007 03:25 AM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Captain REX

Nobody intellectual likes the Vs. forums. Not just the Comic Book Vs., but all of them. They're more trouble than they're worth.
That hurt Rex that really hurt. no expression

Anyways I think that an all VS Forum would be a really hard thing to accomplish. Many people would make stupid fights but then again a lot of people make stupid threads no matter what.

Giving an all VS forums a test run though isn't a bad idea. A lot of people getting together to share ideas and feats of characters. It could work..

I say you would still have to keep all the individual VS Forums though just because people with like interests would still want to be able to be a in place with just their interest and have the ability not to worry about other people joining in when they don't want to.

And Lana as for the rules each separate VS Forums use they are in many key aspects very similar.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 19th, 2007 02:58 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Newjak
That hurt Rex that really hurt. no expression

Anyways I think that an all VS Forum would be a really hard thing to accomplish. Many people would make stupid fights but then again a lot of people make stupid threads no matter what.

Giving an all VS forums a test run though isn't a bad idea. A lot of people getting together to share ideas and feats of characters. It could work..

I say you would still have to keep all the individual VS Forums though just because people with like interests would still want to be able to be a in place with just their interest and have the ability not to worry about other people joining in when they don't want to.

And Lana as for the rules each separate VS Forums use they are in many key aspects very similar.

I know they are, when one of us makes a rule change we generally let the other vs. mods know as ultimately it'll effect all three vs. forums, plus sometimes we like to steal each others rules stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 19th, 2007 04:04 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Lana
I know they are, when one of us makes a rule change we generally let the other vs. mods know as ultimately it'll effect all three vs. forums, plus sometimes we like to steal each others rules stick out tongue
That is just like a Mod stealing everything from hard working people stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 19th, 2007 04:07 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by doan_m
Or it simply serves to strengthen "community spirit", as the spectrum of whom to debate against generally broadens and the fans are forced to defend their own turf with greater zeal.

Sorry, I realy don't agree.

It would be forced amalgamation of communities that do not want to merge. They are very distinct and it would be a mistake to mess around with that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 19th, 2007 05:01 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote