KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » My Summer Home

My Summer Home
Started by: xEsaulx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

*hugs* Don't be sorry silly. I don't mind waiting for you at all.

Thank you. I will add more tomorrow. I got to get ready for work now.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:49 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

You shouldn't have to wait though.

Okeedokee.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 08:12 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

I don't mind waiting. really!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 03:25 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

As promised more:

I now divert my eyes back to where the present is, rather than looking back to the past. Live in the present not in the past or future, that helps a lot. Really it does. I don't hold many regrets in my life. I do the things I do because I know what I am getting into. I think twice before doing things. Sometimes three if I feel the needs to. I don't have any long term wishes to look forward to. Maybe only owning the ranch someday, or maybe even ride Torpedo. With each country song I listen to I mark that as a new day. What I mean by that is I choose one song randomly from any artist I or my family owns. I listen to it and listen to it, and I focus on that one song for the day. I listen to the words, I listen to the music. I key in to everything. I decipher what the artist is trying to say. I let the melody move me. I let it live through me for a single day until another song comes, which shows that the day is done and a new one has come. It's a weird thing I do. I don't know what got me started to do it. I guess it's out of habit.

Many songs have different interpretations. It all depends on the angle you look at it. If you view everything as one side of a coin, you ain't going anywhere. But if you keep a two sided coin in your pocket, then you know there is more than one side to things. Take for instance someone hunting a wolf. One side of the coin will tell you that it is wrong. They are animals that lived here before we have. Shooting animals is wrong and it should not be done. But another side of the coin could be the hunter is going after the wolf to protect his land. Now that leads to another two sided coin. Why does the farmer care so much about his land? So heads says the crops he grows is for his family. It is the only way they can eat. Another side, tails, says the land is part of his family for generations and he feels the need to uphold the tradition, like I do with the ranch. It all depends on how you look at things I suppose.

"Ma an' Pa must feel real proud to know they have a thinker in the family," Tim says, I couldn't tell if it is sarcasm or if it is sincerity.

The dirt road is always something I look forward to. I can't explain what makes me like it so much. I guess it reminds me of what I do at home. I hate tar roads, it shows too much modernity. The few things I can stand about the modern world is at its limits. My short list is basically the fridge, stove, lights, heat, radio, and CDs. We don't own a television. We never have, and according to Pa, we never will. It rots the mind from what he says. Entertainment, he really laughs at that. He enjoys working on the ranch all day. He doesn't mind music at all really. Just the visual sort of entertainment. That's Pa for you.

"Emily, somethin' wrong?" Tim asks, I don't say much at all.

"A thinkin' mind can't be bothered Tim," I stick my tongue out at him, but he keeps his eyes on the road. "Fine. Does the radio work?"

"You should know by now Emily."

Another good reason why I hate his '82. The radio hardly brings in any radio stations, let alone country. Knowing what I will get, I turn up the radio anyway and start going through the stations. I stop on one of them, I could faintly here a country song. I try turning up the radio, I can hear it a little more.

"...I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your prayers
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there to the end
Do you feel the love that we shared
Oh I'm already there..."

Me and Tim sing along to that small portion, I catch myself just in time though before he can make a comment about it. Luckily the radio station fades out and the singing stops. Tim shrugs his shoulders and continues to drive. I look out the window, resting my head against it. That, I admit, is what they say a close shave.

Lonestar, a remarkable group. All I can say about that. The song that we sang to is a touching one I think. I'm Already There, one of those coin-like songs. People may have different interpretations for that one too. Someone may play it because they miss someone who is somewhere else, on the road for example. Or they may have it played because they miss someone who left this world. It may have different meanings to different people.

"I didn't know you could sing," Tim says breaking the long silence between us.

Just as I fear. I feel my face grow red steadily, but I don't look at myself in the mirror. I can feel it creeping faster and faster. Tim doesn't notice because Tim is that good drive who always keeps his eyes on the road no matter what. I try to find a way to change the subject, I continue to look out the window, we are in the outskirts of town, now on the paved road I hate.

I see someone who I recognize. I tell Tim to stop the truck quickly to say hello to our closest neighbor. Sally Barber waves when he stops the truck. I get out and run to her, hugging her tightly. We don't see each other often anymore, sadly. I always call her Aunt Sally B. I remember going over to her house when we were younglings. She would make us lemonade and cookies every other Wednesday. We would play with her son too, John. He's my age, or maybe even a little older. I can't remember. Uncle Ken made us a tire swing to play on outside. Those were the days.

"I didn't know you kids would be in town!" she cries with excitement. Tim comes out too, embracing Aunt Sally B. like I did. She kisses his cheek and tells him how much he's grown since the last time she saw him.

"And you ain't changin' at all Sally," Tim remarks.

"Why thank you. I see Ma an' Pa still drill you kids to have good manners. Now where's the other one, Chad?"

"Oh he's sleepin'," I say to her, not trying hard at all to conceal my amusement.

"An' he ain't changin' at all I reckon," she says right back laughing. "John's somewhere in town if you two want to catch up with him. I have a bit of shoppin' to do before headin' back home. Y'all should stop in some time for some lemonade an' cookies. Tell your Ma and Pa I say hello. Take care now."

We climb into the truck again, Tim drives away slowly at first to let me look out the mirror at her. No, she did not change the slightest. Her bright yellow dress is something only she would wear. Not that is a bad thing. I like everything about Sally Barber. Her red hair flies with the wind, I continue to watch she grows smaller and smaller.

"Do you think we can find John?" I ask Tim hopefully. I made sure to add a little whine to my voice, it usually makes him give in.

"Now you heard what Pa had to say," he says back, but I could tell he is thinking of letting me go.

"Does he have to know?"

Success! I can see him struggling. I can see him wanting to let me go find John. He knows how close we are, or were. Any second now he is going to give in. And I am right. He slows the truck down, bringing it to a stop. He tells me to get out and meet him at the post office in thirty minutes, if I find John or not. I kiss his cheek and tell him he is the best. I jump out full of glee, and I wave bye to him as he disappears to go a little bit further up the road.

I always think that the living on a ranch would mean that the nearest town would be like a western type. I always picture it to be like that. Whenever coming to the town, or rather, village, I am always disappointed. I wish to see the dirt road I love, to see older buildings, not the modern ones they have. Again modernity. At least the village is small.

Few cars pass me as I walk on the edge of the road, trying to figure out where to look for John. Aunt Sally B. forgot to tell me where to look for him. I didn't have a watch, so I estimate in my head how much time remains. Then it hits me. The convenient store is the best place to look for him. I am not that far from it either. I start to run, but realize how hard it is. Cowgirl boots are not meant to be used for running. It isn't like I own regular shoes. I love my boots.

I figure that ten minutes go by and I see the store. I hurry into the building and start to look for him. I weave in and out of the different shelves until I see him. I throw my arms around him. I expect him to say something to me, like to let go of him, to call me some sort of freak. But he doesn't. He must recognize me. And I am right.

"Emily, good to see you!" he gives me his world famous smile.

I take a second to look at him. While Aunt Sally B. hasn't changed, he sure did. I didn't notice how much he grew in just a few years. That isn't what I see the most change in. It is his face. It lost all of its childishness. What I recognize the most is what brings me joy. His eyes didn't change at all. They are still the same hazel ones that are always fill with joy.

"Why, little Emily," he says to me.

"Little? You ain't much older than me buddy," I say punching his arm playfully.

"What are you doin' in town?"

"Tim is sendin' a letter to his gal. I saw your Ma a little bit ago. She told me you were in town."

"Leave it to her to brin' us together again. She misses havin' you three around. You sorta disappeared all of a sudden."

So John continues to grab a few things before going up to purchase them. I follow him, we talk a little catching up on some basic things. I explain to him why we stopped going to his house. Pa told us we were old enough to start helping out with the ranch, and we got so busy we didn't have the time to go on over. Yeah, it is as simple as that, nothing drastic like in Romeo and Juliet where the Montague's don't like the Capulet's and so on and so forth.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 03:33 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Amazingly cute.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 03:58 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Thanks! More tomorrow (since I can't be on the internet right now)

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:23 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

awsome post, wat happened to tomorrow

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 02:52 AM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Still waiting.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 02:00 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

uhhhh huh..........wut ESB -1138 said.....

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 11:37 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vivando-loca
untitled

nice stuff, Esaul. wink

*waits with everyone else*

Old Post Aug 19th, 2007 02:05 AM
vivando-loca is currently offline Click here to Send vivando-loca a Private Message Find more posts by vivando-loca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

*taps foot*
*walks away, to Harry Potter fiction*

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 04:30 PM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

"I should be goin' now," I explain to him with regret. I didn't want to leave of course, but I didn't have any choice. If we, me and Tim, wanted to make it look like we just went to the post office and nothing else, we need to get home at a decent time. Lingering will do nothing for us.

"So soon?"

"Yeah, Tim's expectin' me. Pa needs us at the ranch in a bit."

"Well, nice seein' you. Take care little Emily," he says hugging me one more time. I beam at him before bolting, well rather, walking fast out of the store.

From where I am right now the post office is just up town a little. I figure I should be able to make it within ten minutes or so if I time everything right in my head. I estimate that ten minutes went by when I met with John. That means I only have ten minutes left to meet up with him. I try to hurry my pace, but obviously that isn't going to work too well with my footwear. I hope I get there in time.

The sky being so clear made it a spectacular day. The rays from the sun beam down everywhere, leaving hardly any place with shade. It is hot! Well not as hot as it can be, but it is still hot. As I walk I take off my hat (something I don't do often in public) and I fan myself, trying to keep cool. It is so odd for me to actually take off my hat. But what can you do if you are hot? Us whatever you can at the moment.

I see the post office in sight. I also see Tim sitting on the railing. I cannot tell if he is annoyed or rather pleased with himself. Or maybe it is mixed feelings. You never know with Tim. Well maybe you do, I'm kind of exaggerating a bit. You can read him like an open book. He doesn't try hard to hide his emotions to tell you the truth.

I stop so I am right below my oldest brother. I look up at him, at first his face is blank, full of nothing. Then the next second he has the widest grin on his face. I am confused by what is making him so happy. I get here on time, nothing to be excited about. He delivers his letter, still nothing to be excited about.

"Don't tell me, Christmas is cancelled this year," I say, climbing up the side of the post office, holding on to the railing. I struggle, luckily Tim grabs a hold of my hand, pulling me up. I sit next to him.

"Oh if only that were true little sis," he tries his best to put on a disappointing face. It works partially but then he starts to smile once again.

"Then what's all this smilin' about?"

"Jeffery," (he's the mailman) "says that Samantha's gonna be in town next week."

"Wow!" I exclaim, it isn't often she comes to town. "How did he find that out?"

"Oh he spoke to her father, an' he says to him that she's gonna come down for a visit. Her aunt or somethin' is real sick, an' she's gonna stay with her. Not the best of times for her to come down here, but I still get to see her."

"Tim," I start, I didn't know how to break it to him. He is more happy about her coming than being sad about why she is coming. A sick aunt needing to have someone stay with her and he doesn't feel sorry for Sammy about why she is coming. "I think you are happy right now for the wrong reason."

"Huh?" he asks, his happy face dies down a little. "Whatcha talkin' about?"

"Well if Sammy, erm, Samantha, is comin' to help a sick aunt, don't you think you should feel more compassionate rather than excited?"

"We should probably head back, Pa wants us at three. It is pretty darn close to two. If we get started now we should be able to get home a little before three."

"Alright," I say, I know better not to pursue a topic that Tim decides to drop.

Tim hops down from the ledge, I mimic him landing on my feet. He walks to the truck, I follow in silence, unsure of what to talk about. With us on the road again, I realize how uncomfortable it is to ride in silence. Or at least in this type of silence. In my opinion there is two different types of silences. One is the silence that is meant to be enjoyed, where you can be left to think about things, or just to relax a bit. The other one is the uncomfortable one. That's the one where neither talk after ending a topic, or maybe something else. That did describe what is happening between us. The only way to break that silence is to resolve the issue that started the uncomfortable silence. Or so I think anyway.

"So, did you find John?"

"Yeah," I say with joy. "He was at the store."

"How is he?"

"He seems alright. ain't too happy about us disappearin' like that."

"An' how was the trip to the post office?" I continue to break the uncomfortable silence by trying to keep us talking.

"Letter is being sent tomorrow. Jeffery asked about you. He wanted to know about you and Dreamer."

Jeffery is nice like that. He likes to make sure how people are doing. It kind of brings a sense of friendliness to the mix. You can't expect to have a town full of people who keep to themself and not check in on one another.

"Try an' get that radio to work." he orders me. So I try. And I try again. The radio just doesn't want to work upon demand. It just wants to work whenever it wants to work. All I get is static, so he orders me to turn it off.

The rest of the ride back to the ranch is done in silence. I look out the window like I did before, the only difference is I find no amusement in doing it now. What else could I possibly do? Tim clearly doesn't want to talk and the radio doesn't want to work for us. The only option left for us is to ride in silence and for me to look out that window of his, watching everything go by.

Speaking to Tim has its advantages. I can actually get something out of him, advice if I need it. But there is also disadvantages. I say things to Tim that he can never understand. It is different when I talk to Dreamer. I may not get advice from him, but I know, I just know, he will always listen to me. That makes Dreamer better than anyone I know. He will never ignore me. He will always be there for me. Sometimes, and only sometimes, I wish it is just me and him. Dreamer hates being in the barn all the time, and I hate having him in there instead of giving him the chance to roam around like he should be able to. I can understand why Torpedo is stuck in there, but why Dreamer?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 07:25 PM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

CHAPTER THREE

Dinner is just like any old meal. We help each other set up the table and then after we help each other clean up. Breakfast is the heaviest meal I have to say, since we do all our chores between that and lunch. Lunch winds up being the lightest and then dinner is just in between. We have always done this with our meal for as long as I can remember.

"Get that letter sent?" asks Ma as she's serving everyone their food.

I look at Tim for help. I hope he wouldn't tell them about my little trip to see John. Pa will be mad at me, and I hate having him mad. Before Ma and Pa could look right at Tim, he gives me a wink. I mentally sigh to myself, glad that he will keep it a secret. But me being quiet will show Ma and Pa that something happened.

"We saw Aunt Sally B., we were enterin' town and we stopped quickly to say hello," I say to them.

"Sally Barber? How is she?" Ma asks thoughtfully taking a bite of her stuffing.

"Same as ever, Ma," Tim replies adding into the conversation. "She misses us kids. She wants us to come sometime to have lemonade and cookies again."

"Now that is somethin' I wouldn't mind," Chad pipes in. He loves to eat as much as he loves to sleep.

"I don't need you three goin' over an' buggin' the poor woman," Pa adds his two cents. "It's about time she settles down with that husband of hers an' take care of that kid, John."

I look at Pa, trying not to seem dismayed. I don't think he ever liked John. Or maybe it is just Aunt Sally B. he doesn't like. I don't know, and I don't think I want to.

"Any plans for this evenin'?" Ma changes gears in the way the conversation is heading.

"I might go ride Dreamer for a bit."

"Sounds like a good idea," Pa takes a sip of his water before looking at his two sons. "You two should take your horses out for a ride too. God knows how long it's been."

The both of them nod in agreement. Tim seems more excited than Chad I can tell you that much right now. Dinner ends not too long after. I help wash dishes with Ma while the three men clean up the kitchen. She washes the dishes while I get busy drying them. Ma always washes the fastest. Well she does everything that has to do with cleaning and cooking the fastest out of everyone I know.

Once that is finished, I climb up the stairs that lead to the bedrooms. I enter mine and pick up my jacket. The evening always seems to be chilly no matter how hot it is during the day. Well maybe it is just me because I don't see how that is possible. If it is the hottest day of the year I don't think it will become chilly instantly over night. Or can it? Well anyway, I grab that and throw it on before meeting up with Tim and Chad, both who are already mounted on their horses.

Tim's is a brown mare, the youngest one of the bunch. Leaf's her name, though I don't know why he calls her that. Leaf is an unusual name for a horse, but I like it. Chad on the other hand has a black stallion, one of the most beautiful horses I ever laid my eyes on. Noon is his name. He doesn't seem like a Noon though. I imagine Noon to have a brighter coat, since noon is during the day. Well Noon is Noon and there is no changing that.

"So where we headin'?" Chad questions while scratching his horse behind the ears.

"To the fort?" I think allowed without knowing it. I don't know what made me say it, but I did. Maybe I miss it there too much. Or maybe I just enjoyed going over there earlier today. They both don't object to my idea. So it is decided. We have plenty of time anyway.

"Do you remember the way?" Tim inquires to each of us. I try not to be the first to answer.

"I think I do," Chad speaks up.

"Same here," I add after he does.

"Then we will have a race there," Tim decides.

"There an' back?" my other brother says to Tim.

"Wouldn't that be a bit rough on the horses?"

I smile to the two of them, knowing that they haven't taken their horses out for a while now. "Well I guess that is your fault, ain't it? Poor Leaf and Noon bein' treated so cruelly by Tim an' Chad. Ain't my fault that they might not make it there an' back. I know Dreamer can make it. He's good like that."

"Don't you feel special?" Chad grunts.

"Jealous much?" Tim rides his horse outside of the barn. We both follow him.

“Hardly,” he retorts and soon starts off with Noon at a fast trot.

I look over my shoulder where Tim is and he flashes me a smile before mimicking the middle child. Out of the three horses I honestly have to say that Noon is the fastest., Leaf is more spirited, Dreamer is just Dreamer, an energetic horse. And he also happens to know the way there. Already both of them take a wrong turn. Of course Tim is following Chad so naturally that was to happen, right? Right.

So now with me in the lead, I prove to them that I know the way by heart. That in some sense might not be a good thing. If I show them how good my memory is, then they will think something is up. As much as I want to win, I could not let them know that I’ve been to the fort recently. Who knows what will happen after that. Sadly enough I ease Dreamer a bit, allowing Chad and Tim to pass me. The race isn’t that intense. We are all close to each other, none of us too far ahead,. Or rather behind in my situation.

Again they take a wrong turn. Instead of showing them the right way again, I plan like the way they are going is the right way. The only thing I have to do is make sure to take the lead soon and start to head in the other direction slightly. It has to be done perfectly in order to fool them. Timing is also everything. I have to make it look like I know where I am going as well as figure out where to get back on course.

You see, the way we are heading is quite simple to describe. Tall grass. Nothing but tall grass. Pa doesn’t bother to come out this far on our land to tend to it. He never found the reason to. I think it would be good for him to invest some time into it. At least trim the grass a bit because of those little vermin that jump on you. Ticks. Yuck. I hate them.

“Emily,” shouts Chad, I hear him, but I keep going. I ain’t about to stop for anything.
“We should head back,” he continues.

Oh now he wants to turn back. Maybe he remembers where the real trail is. Or maybe he just wants to go home to sleep. Oh no. I came too far with this plan of mine. I will not give up until I see it through. And that won’t be hard either. Just a few more seconds then I will have complete the turning around part. But they surely don’t realize it yet. Maybe they won’t at all. Tim did say I’m a thinker.

"Emily," Chad calls after me trying to get me back. "Where are you headin'?"

I sigh with irritation. They don't know how to do something without questioning me. Why is that? Are all brothers this difficult?

"You either are going to follow me or head on back," I say turning around to face them. They aren't that far behind me.

I keep my eyes on them while Dreamer moves forward until they start moving. I see that I am able to sway them without trouble. I love how I can manipulate them.

"You sure you know where you are goin'?" Chad asks again. I ignore him for obvious reasons.

Any second now we will be back on the trail. I can feel it coming up shortly. A few encouraging words to Dreamer kept him going. I know his spirit. He won't give up easily at all. He at least believed in me even though he didn't know where we are heading all the time.

"You see?" I say as we get back on the trail. I love doing this to him. I hear him mutter something under his breath, vaguely.

"Whoo hoo!" Tim shouts with excitement as he gets ahead of me. I pout playfully, trying my best to keep up with him.

"That ain't fair!" Chad whines from behind, he starts to fall further and further back.

I slow Dreamer down a little to allow him to catch up. If Chad could not figure out how to get back on the trail, certainly he wouldn't know where to go to get to the fort. Maybe Tim remembers, but I know Chad doesn't. Speaking of Tim, I can hardly see him now, that's how fast he's going or how slow me and Chad are going. Eitherway I know Tim is going to beat us there.

"What's the matter Emily?"

"Nothin'. Keep on goin'. We still have a ways to go."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 07:26 PM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

I flash him a quick sly smile while he passes me. Just what I want. I plan in my mind to catch up to both of them and win the race back to the ranch. There is no way I will allow them to beat me when I know this trail so well. I probably can go blindfolded and rely on Dreamer to get there. Well maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. Dreamer can't figure out where to go without me leading him there. It isn't like we share a mental bond where I can read his mind and he can read mine. I admit though, that is a cool idea.

It feels like hours when I know it is only minutes. I finally get to the fort. I see both Chad and Tim there waiting patiently for me. Tim looks at the fort; he does not turn when I arrive. I climb off Dreamer where the other two stay on their horses. Dreamer neighs to Leaf and Noon, or at least I think. He can really be neighing at anyone or anything.

"Brings back many memories don't it?" I say to my two older siblings. They only nod to me. Typical. When I want an answer they never give one.

"Shall we head back then?" Chad says yawning. Figures someone wants to head back and sleep. That I swear is all he ever thinks about.

This time I ain’t playing games with them. Dreamer and I will show them who the better rider is. I get back on Dreamer, patting him gently. I whisper words of encouragement to him, and we were off leaving my two brothers behind. I didn’t bother to look behind me, to see if they are following. I want to prove I know my way around. I want to show them I can outride them any day. I let Chad get ahead of me; I could not let him know that of course.

“Slow down!” shouts Tim from somewhere behind. At first, I did not, then a bad feeling rushes through me. I turn Dreamer around and head to where Tim and his horse are. I did not see Chad anywhere.

“Where is he?”

“He was right behind me, an’ then he ain’t. He must’ve gotten lost knowin’ him.”

We both agree to start searching for him. Somewhere out there Chad is trying to find his way back home. I feel guilty for racing on ahead like that. I of course feel responsible for Chad getting lost.

“Chad!” We both shout in unison. I listen for an answer, but I did not hear anything.

“Maybe he went to the fort.”

I nod to Tim as we ride side by side. It makes sense for him to go back to the fort. If I was him, I know I would do the same thing. I hope that he is there, safe from any harm. I cannot bear to think Chad being lost somewhere.

Family is an important part of everyday life. Everything I do it comes back down to them. Where I fail to have many friends, I have my family to rely on. They are the backbone of who I am. They have a part of who I am. They are a major influence to me. Yes, even Chad has given me some influence. Right now, I am afraid of Chad being lost, but what will happen when we go our separate ways? He again will be lost to me. I always imagine all three of us living on the ranch and having our own family in the house we grew up in. My dreams are always consisting of us staying together. But I have to face the sad facts that maybe they don’t want to stay at the ranch forever like I want to. Tim wants to go off somewhere with Sammy, and who knows what Chad wants. He has a full horizon to look at. My life is still undecided for me. Maybe that is because it just started. There is so much more to life that it is impossible to have it all planned for you. It still does not mean I cannot plan at all. I mean, I know what I want. I want to stay at the ranch. I want to stay with Dreamer forever. That much I am sure of, but anything else, I really just don’t know.

“We’ll find him alright,” Tim says to me.

“Of course we will,” I agree. “Chad is smart enough to handle himself in tight spots like this. Nothin’ to worry about.”

Or is there? I am trying to look at that glass of water half full instead of half empty. It is hard to do that when I am worrying about my brother. I never expect Chad to be the one to get lost. I always expect me to and for my brothers to come looking for me. A twist of faith can do things like that to you. It takes you by surprise so unexpectedly.

“The cup is half empty right now,” I say aloud so that Tim hears me.

“You thinkin’ again?” he teases me, I flash him a small smile. “That a gal.”

A breeze blows my hat off. I tell Tim to go on ahead. I ease Dreamer a bit and climb off him to get my hat. I place it back to where it belongs. Before mounting my friend, I stroke him one more time. I did not have to hurry to catch up to Tim. As soon as I get to him we cry out Chad’s name. At first, I think I hear something. I listen closely, trying to figure out what I thought I heard. And yessa, I hear my older brother. I hit Dreamer’s side and tell him to go faster. I glance behind and see that Tim catches on and chases right on after me

We ride hard for only a few minutes, that is all we have to do. The fort is within sight, I can see Chad and Noon. He’s sitting down and his horse is grazing. Chad then looks up at the sound of our horses’ hooves. He smiles at us.

“’bout time,” he says.
“Come on Chad, let’s get on home.” Tim says to him.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 07:27 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

cool

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 07:46 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

awesome post

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 12:11 AM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

You never cease to amaze me...
;]

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 10:55 PM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

I guess i have to scrap this story since it has no plot

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 06:29 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Dang saratn. You write some of the best stuff.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 02:37 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote