KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » How to make the Games vs Forums a better place

How to make the Games vs Forums a better place
Started by: Superboy Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shin_remy
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

i also already posted why this forum sucks

sado's debating style for example, people here don't like his method of debating.

he had much influence here

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:27 AM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Gender: Male
Location: 713th White Hot Room

Especially since as soon as someone speaks thier opinion that is kind of wrong, they're getting tore up. this forum is about peoples opinion about game characters, they shouldn't be cursed at.


__________________

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 12:00 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shin_remy
i also already posted why this forum sucks

sado's debating style for example, people here don't like his method of debating.

he had much influence here
That's complete and utter bull, and you annoy just about the hell out of everyone here with your horseshit and nonsense.


__________________


Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 06:43 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Gender: Male
Location: 713th White Hot Room

Plzzz don't start anything rash Gear.


__________________

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 06:59 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Gender: Male
Location: Under Satsuki's heel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shin_remy
Question to Lana

Are uncanon feats allowed ?

cause in debates they say, it is not canon bla bla bla.. You can only talk about the character from their own game, and not about the character who also appeared in a game that didn't followed the storyline

so what!! it is a gamecharacter..NOTHING REALLY HAPPEND, cause they don't exist.


But we need to keep things grounded.

If we are allowed to use non-canon material as proof of what a character can do/has fought then things will get out of control.

Ryu fighting Apocalype & Onslaught? Come on.


__________________


Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:02 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Gender: Male
Location: Under Satsuki's heel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shin_remy
i also already posted why this forum sucks

sado's debating style for example, people here don't like his method of debating.

he had much influence here


That's the way you feel about him...but lets not start pointing fingers and place the blame on others. We are all responsible for what has happened to this forum. Personal attacks will get us no where.


__________________


Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:04 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazy MFer
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: A couch on Hellstorm.

I don't mean to be harsh, but I'm going to say what I know many of you are thinking.

Some members attitudes need to be changed, and if they can't do that...they need to go.

To be blunt, some members need to get banned, mainly the ones constantly breaking rules.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:07 PM
Lazy MFer is currently offline Click here to Send Lazy MFer a Private Message Find more posts by Lazy MFer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Gender: Male
Location: The sewers of the Big City!

I saw this coming from a mile away. Superboy Prime, creates a thread addressing a pressing problem regarding games versus. Yet, it barely gets two pages, and already there's flaming with no sreal solutions being offered by any other members. Honestly, I'm not surprised, because you can't get people to care about an issue as small as this one (Excuse my bluntness). Debating here was supposed to be fun, and at the least resonable. But, the moment discussing video game characters becomes a chore and just stops being fun no one will really bother. There's nothing too serious about these debates for anyone to endure page after page of debate because people won't adhere to an opinion. I'm not saying that we should never ever flame. That would be wishful thinking, but at least try to keep your arguments logical.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
That's the way you feel about him...but lets not start pointing fingers and place the blame on others. We are all responsible for what has happened to this forum. Personal attacks will get us no where.




Fanboys are what killed games versus and until shitty debating/ bad attitudes, and rabbid fan wanking disappears we will always have this problem.


__________________

Last edited by Classic NES on Jul 16th, 2007 at 07:14 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:08 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Gender: Male
Location: Under Satsuki's heel

There are a couple of members actually interested in this. No one said this is going to be easy, and I'll certainly give it my best until I run out of energy. It's ok to disagree for the most part. We're all human after all and we have different opinions. That said I will not tolerate flame wars/trolling on this thread and I will report without mercy.


__________________


Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:14 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazy MFer
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: A couch on Hellstorm.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
I saw this coming from a mile away. Superboy Prime, creates a thread addressing a pressing problem regarding games versus. Yet, it barely gets two pages, and already there's flaming with no sreal solutions being offered by any other members. Honestly, I'm not surprised, because you can't get people to care about an issue as small as this one (Excuse my bluntness). Debating here was supposed to be fun, and at the least resonable. But, the moment discussing video game characters becomes a chore and just stops being fun no one will really bother. There's nothing too serious about these debates for anyone to endure page after page of debate because people won't adhere to an opinion. I'm not saying that we should never ever flame. That would be wishful thinking, but at least try to keep your arguments logical.





Fanboys are what killed games versus and until shitty debating/ bad attitudes, and rabbid fan wanking disappears we will always have this problem.
I still find debating here fun.

But you are 100% right.

I just think the MOD needs to be a little less lenient if she was more strict, we would either have less problems or less posters.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:17 PM
Lazy MFer is currently offline Click here to Send Lazy MFer a Private Message Find more posts by Lazy MFer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Gender: Male
Location: 713th White Hot Room

Raz should try and help out too... If he can. We need to maintain a stable place here. We should make this forum fun again, not a chore, like what Sandai said, we need to keep smart, fun, and safe debates.


__________________

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:17 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Gender: Male
Location: The sewers of the Big City!

We need to listen to what posters who used to frequent this place opinions. Because there's a reason why they left, and yes that means Shin Remy as well.

I've sent some pm's out, to get the word across.


__________________

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:20 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Gender: Male
Location: 713th White Hot Room

If we can hold our temper about other's opinions, there will be less flaming, and a more fun place.


__________________

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:22 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Gender: Female
Location: verdant brink

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shin_remy
Question to Lana

Are uncanon feats allowed ?

cause in debates they say, it is not canon bla bla bla.. You can only talk about the character from their own game, and not about the character who also appeared in a game that didn't followed the storyline

so what!! it is a gamecharacter..NOTHING REALLY HAPPEND, cause they don't exist.


Personally, I'm very big on canon. So if it was up to me I'd say canon only.

However, I'm not going to make that a rule. Rather, it will be up to the creator of the match as to what feats are or are not allowed. I will not even restrict this to game feats only - if a character appears in a movie (ie Cloud's Advent Children version), then that is allowable, so long as it is still a character that originated in a video game.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
There are a couple of members actually interested in this. No one said this is going to be easy, and I'll certainly give it my best until I run out of energy. It's ok to disagree for the most part. We're all human after all and we have different opinions. That said I will not tolerate flame wars/trolling on this thread and I will report without mercy.


I am certainly interested in what you guys want to do to change things around here and I'll help put into effect changes as much as I can. Most of the changes are simply down to the posters in here - such as trying to diversify the matchups that are created, but everything else I'll do all I can to facilitate. I'm even giving you guys a chance to pitch in suggestions for when I rewrite the rules thread.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lazy MFer
I still find debating here fun.

But you are 100% right.

I just think the MOD needs to be a little less lenient if she was more strict, we would either have less problems or less posters.


I'm not a terribly lenient person. However, I do not and cannot read every single post that is made in here. One thing I have noticed is that very few people in here ever use the report button when someone is causing trouble. Thus I may not catch it, and it'll seem I'm allowing it to be gotten away with, when in reality I just simply don't realize that it's happening.

I'm very willing to work with you guys and I definitely take action against rule-breakers, but you also need to work with me and make sure that I know that these things are happening. I've always urged people to report trouble but so very few actually do so, which thus makes my job very hard.


__________________

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Gender: Male
Location: The sewers of the Big City!

I think we should set guidelines for debating E.G. Logic fallacies should be against the rules.


__________________

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:32 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Gender: Female
Location: verdant brink

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
I think we should set guidelines for debating E.G. Logic fallacies should be against the rules.


If you guys wish to put together some guidelines for debating, then feel free to. I'd think that'd be a great help.

Though you'd also have to be sure to clearly explain what all the logical fallacies are and how to avoid them. Most people here I doubt have had any real training in how to debate, so they may not necessarily realize what they're doing wrong.


__________________

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Gender: Male
Location: 713th White Hot Room

Agreed.


__________________

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:35 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Who else?
Who knows?

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Where else? Affiliation:IDK

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana


I'm not a terribly lenient person. However, I do not and cannot read every single post that is made in here. One thing I have noticed is that very few people in here ever use the report button when someone is causing trouble. Thus I may not catch it, and it'll seem I'm allowing it to be gotten away with, when in reality I just simply don't realize that it's happening.

I'm very willing to work with you guys and I definitely take action against rule-breakers, but you also need to work with me and make sure that I know that these things are happening. I've always urged people to report trouble but so very few actually do so, which thus makes my job very hard.
MY POINT EXACTLY!!!

Instead of fellow members stooping so low and arguing back in problem situations, we need to hit that little red button, if we really want to make this section a better place, that's ONE BIG way to start helping out, I see Ashtar has already started the Report Button Movement in the Iori VS Haybusa thread.

It sounds hard because I know some times some one says something really stupid and it you really wannna reply, but we all should give it a try.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:40 PM
Who else? is currently offline Click here to Send Who else? a Private Message Find more posts by Who else? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Gender: Male
Location: The sewers of the Big City!

I hit the report button because dudes were discuss oro & Iori despite the fact there is a thread for it already.


__________________

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:48 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Gender: Male
Location: 713th White Hot Room

Thats also what's going on now, the debates are semi on topic, yet after two or three pages, that thread becomes a different thread within a thread. If people wanna speak about how one Xemnas is stronger than Link in a Xemnas v.s. Kratos thread, they should just make a Xemnas v.s. Link thread.


__________________

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:53 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 12:17 PM.
Pages (38): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » How to make the Games vs Forums a better place

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.