KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The First Reaction... [Spoilers for DH]

The First Reaction... [Spoilers for DH]
Started by: siriuswriter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Phantom
Angel of Music

You people keep complaining about the Epilogue so much. Think about it. It was a children's book. It ended perfectly for a children's book. Personally I like "All was well" better than her saying "And they lived happily ever after," but I think I have two reasons for that one.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 05:14 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

My reaction was: *cries hysterically* Wait... who's Victoire?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 06:14 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Phantom
An actual book on Dumbeldore with extensive details that go beyond what the book gave us, now that would be a good read.

Like an account of his battle with Grindelwald?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 08:27 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arianna

I liked the stuff about Arianna, I really connected with that part. But my Dobby!!!!!! I want Dobby! How could anyone kill him! I feel ashamed my name and her name shortened are the same! Gu! I never want anyone to call me Bella again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did Mrs Weasley get to kill her!!!!!!!!! I WANTED TO!!!!!!!! I hate her she killed my Dobby!

sorry but I had to let it out...

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 08:29 PM
Arianna is currently offline Click here to Send Arianna a Private Message Find more posts by Arianna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

i dont like bella in the books but i LOVE her in the films!!!

Dobby's death didnt effect me that much...i was distraught over fred, though sad

Oh, and a little tear sprung in my eye when Dudley shook harry's hand...very touching moment she added in there...loved it!!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 11:01 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arianna

It was quite touching I was expecting petunia to say something... unfortunatly not..

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 11:06 PM
Arianna is currently offline Click here to Send Arianna a Private Message Find more posts by Arianna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

Originally posted by Arianna
It was quite touching I was expecting petunia to say something... unfortunatly not..

totally agree with you there!!!
But i guess we found out about her in the end anyways..
us british and our stiff upper lips...no wonder we can never say sorry lol

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 11:07 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arianna

I think you need to be brought up saying sorry to be able to say it, it's more admitting you're wrong, flaw with humans...

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 11:09 PM
Surreal_44

The problem with the epilogue is that it felt too happy and too rushed. She squished in a bunch of names to let us know that everyone names their children after dead people, but we didn't find out about Luna, George, the Weasleys, Kingsley (did he become minister?), the fifty dead people, the Dursleys, etc.

A better ending maybe would have been just a few years in the future, maybe on the anniversary of the death or in front of the memorial for those who died fighting Voldemort. Something like that. The survivors gathered there so we could at least see everyone together; see who else got married, etc.

I just felt like the epilogue was very blah. She had the kids arguing and all that, and I guess it was to show how normal everything had become, but meh....I would rather the book had ended on the final chapter instead of with the epilogue, really. It just felt tacked on and it almost didn't seem to fit with the rest of the book.

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 02:56 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Problem_Child

i was relieved and i could now go "HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA" to those who were wrong in my neighborhood

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 02:59 AM
Problem_Child is currently offline Click here to Send Problem_Child a Private Message Find more posts by Problem_Child Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:51 AM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rave X
Slash Sl*t

Originally posted by jasonowens4200
why would you be surpised after he found out what really happened after he loved lily so much and was really protecting him the whole time and there was a reason he kept telling V to let him go find harry

Surprised because, as I said, of the seven years of solid hate. Its just a big thing to do, naming your kid after someone you hated for 7 years.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 06:27 AM
Rave X is currently offline Click here to Send Rave X a Private Message Find more posts by Rave X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

I thought that Harry had the elder wand. Im pretty sure he did. Malfoy got it from Dumbly, and then Harry took Malfoys wand in Malfoy Manor(which was originally dumbly's wand) .So he had the elder wand at the end....and voldy. Voldy had the wand Dumbly was buried with (not the elder wand)

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 07:06 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Surreal_44
The problem with the epilogue is that it felt too happy and too rushed. She squished in a bunch of names to let us know that everyone names their children after dead people, but we didn't find out about Luna, George, the Weasleys, Kingsley (did he become minister?), the fifty dead people, the Dursleys, etc.

A better ending maybe would have been just a few years in the future, maybe on the anniversary of the death or in front of the memorial for those who died fighting Voldemort. Something like that. The survivors gathered there so we could at least see everyone together; see who else got married, etc.

I just felt like the epilogue was very blah. She had the kids arguing and all that, and I guess it was to show how normal everything had become, but meh....I would rather the book had ended on the final chapter instead of with the epilogue, really. It just felt tacked on and it almost didn't seem to fit with the rest of the book.
I agree that the epilogue was a little haphazard, but it was still satisfying, and a fitting end to the series.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 08:07 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

I love reading spoilers I know I shouldnt but have to at the moment I cant deal with too many shocks at the moment being preggers lol I just need to know one thing is Vernon Dead ?

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 08:27 AM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
I thought that Harry had the elder wand. Im pretty sure he did. Malfoy got it from Dumbly, and then Harry took Malfoys wand in Malfoy Manor(which was originally dumbly's wand) .So he had the elder wand at the end....and voldy. Voldy had the wand Dumbly was buried with (not the elder wand)
Basically, the theory is that if you manage to disarm/ take someone's wand, then you're its master- it chooses you, and when Malfoy disarmed AD on the Lightning Struck Tower, it chose him. THEN when Harry took Malfoy's other wand, that meant that he had disarmed him, and the Elder Wand chose him. All very complicated...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 11:21 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by tigress
I love reading spoilers I know I shouldnt but have to at the moment I cant deal with too many shocks at the moment being preggers lol I just need to know one thing is Vernon Dead ?
No one knows the Dursleys' fate. They were taken by Dedalus and Hestia for safety.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 11:22 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by Surreal_44

I agree.

Originally posted by Problem_Child
i was relieved and i could now go "HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA" to those who were wrong in my neighborhood

laughing out loud Yeah, me too. Especially about how Dumbledore really wasn't really dead.

Ah, Snape! What a tragic life.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 02:49 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasonowens4200

Originally posted by The Phantom
You people keep complaining about the Epilogue so much. Think about it. It was a children's book. It ended perfectly for a children's book. Personally I like "All was well" better than her saying "And they lived happily ever after," but I think I have two reasons for that one.

exactly well put she didnt know how it would turn out that all ages would read it

quote No one knows the Dursleys' fate. They were taken by Dedalus and Hestia for safety.

we asume they were safe she would have told you if they died and i was proud of what dudley told harry that he wasnt a waste of space

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:43 PM
jasonowens4200 is currently offline Click here to Send jasonowens4200 a Private Message Find more posts by jasonowens4200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pixie1

it was a fantastic book !!!! the epi wasnt that bad the names of harry kids are as they should be my own children are named after family members and with all the strange names in the wizarding world i doubt very much that albus or scorpy will ever get picjed on lol
i must admit i would have liked more but considering how much we got we should count ourselves lucky Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

I've got a pal, she's called Pixie,From Birmingham where they're all trixxy, ((fun))She thinks she can't spell,
I say "What the hell?"Doesn't matter because she's damn sexy!!
By syren Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 06:13 PM
pixie1 is currently offline Click here to Send pixie1 a Private Message Find more posts by pixie1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote