KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The First Reaction... [Spoilers for DH]

The First Reaction... [Spoilers for DH]
Started by: siriuswriter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
siriuswriter

I just hope she doesn't write any more Harry Potter after the encyclopedia. All good things must come to an end - I think she's ended this part of her writing career. I really don't want to see any more Harry Potter books.

Nothing can be as good as the first time out... too much of a good thing and all that. That was another reaction I had - I was kind of, maybe not angry, but worried that she left it open at the end, especially for Albus Severus. I don't want to see any spin-offs - it would be like a Disney movie sequel (those horrible things, those).

So while my first reaction was !!!! it kind of turned into, "Wow, I really hope she just drops this and leaves it alone, and moves on to other things."

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 04:43 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

She said in her Today interview that she was done with the Wizarding World, besides the Encyclopedia.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 05:00 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasonowens4200

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
Haha, yes, Neville's grandmother rocked in this, as did Neville.

It would be impossible to explain everything in the books, unless you wanted each one to be about 2000 pages long. Personally I like the idea of the encyclopedia a lot, I'd really like to learn more about the backstories of some of the more minor characters (like Andromeda Tonks, who has over the past week become one of my favorite characters).

exactly and she was wanting to stay away from it sounding like a narrative

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 09:46 PM
jasonowens4200 is currently offline Click here to Send jasonowens4200 a Private Message Find more posts by jasonowens4200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Originally posted by Barker
She said in her Today interview that she was done with the Wizarding World, besides the Encyclopedia.

yay. smile

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:59 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Originally posted by Soljer
I don't remember right this second, but JK mentioned what they did for a living on an NBC interview.

Also; she'll go into more detail about that in her 'encyclopedia.'

I see missed that again.Thanks I will check it out!jm smile

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 01:36 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

quote:
It would be impossible to explain everything in the books, unless you wanted each one to be about 2000 pages long. Personally I like the idea of the encyclopedia a lot, I'd really like to learn more about the backstories of some of the more minor characters (like Andromeda Tonks, who has over the past week become one of my favorite characters).

Let me clarify that I didn't mean that I needed every last detail in the books to be explained to me. However, I don't think sticking in a sentence or two to say something off-handed like Neville and Luna were married or that Harry and Ron were Aurors, etc, would have been that difficult or taken away from the epilogue.

I'm not demanding a play-by-play recounting of the past nineteen years. I already think the books tend to drag as it is. wink

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:22 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote