KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Tomb Spell

Harry Potter and the Tomb Spell
Started by: howdugetsougly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
howdugetsougly

Harry looked at the blank wall. Quickly going over the list of things he made that he would need during his stay, Harry began to pace back and forth parallel to the wall. He thought hard about what he needed and when he looked up a door was in the wall. Harry smiled as he opened it and stepped inside.

Harry looked around the room. It looked like a Muggle hotel suite (having examined one in one of his Auror missions). The main room had comfortable chairs on lush carpet. The walls seemed to be made of good looking cement, as if made to have things thrown against them.

In the direct center of the room, the same cement-like substance on the walls was on the floor. Harry knew that this was the training area he had asked for. The square was a 9x9 slab and when Harry stepped onto it, he felt an electric current flow through him. Knowing what the feeling was, Harry took out his wand feebly with his left hand and said “Stupefy” pointing to a small table. When the red jet of light reached the end of the cement, it seemed to hit a wall and dissipated.

Harry stepped off the slab and walked over to one of the many doors on the side of the room. The first door he tried opened to show a bedroom. The second door showed a full bathroom. The third held many chairs that were each missing a leg.

Smiling Harry tried the last door. The room beyond the door had nothing in it. The floor and walls were grey and dull. Harry had a feeling that he knew what this room was. He closed the door and though hard about a camera he had seen in a Muggle shop. Then he opened the door and, sitting in the middle of it was the camera he had been thinking about.

Harry snapped a picture of himself and waited for it to develop. Harry had seen the camera in the Muggle shop the previous year in Godric’s Hollow. He heard some Muggles pass by and they noticed the camera also. They talked about how outdated it was, although it was useful if you wanted to get a picture right away.

When the picture was done, Harry looked at it. It had not been enchanted so the Harry inside of it did not move. Harry walked to the bathroom and placed the picture on the top of a mirror hanging above the sink.

Then Harry walked back out into the main room. Harry noticed a clock on a small table he hadn’t seen before. It was a digital clock. Or rather it was two digital clocks. Two different times were being kept. Harry had not asked for something like this and he studied the display.

The time near the top of the display panel showed that it was 10:05:13. The seconds were being kept at the usual pace. But on the bottom of the display, a separate time was being kept at a slower pace. It read 10:02:23 and the seconds did not update for the entire time that he was there. Harry did a quick calculation and realized he had been inside the room for roughly three minutes. And he had left Godric’s Hollow a few minutes before ten.

Next to the double clock stood a calendar. It was like the calendar he had at his office. When the day was done you flipped it back and it had the next day underneath. There was also a place for notes on the bottom. The date read the day he had left Godric’s Hollow.

Harry grinned. His plan had worked. He had created a room that would enable him to train for a year and get his right arm back, and it would only seem to be an hour or so in the real world.

Harry was eager to start, but he needed to see into something. Harry walked over to the fourth door. The Secondary Room of Requirement he had asked for when pacing out in the seventh floor corridor. Needing a book on opposite hand magic, Harry paced before the door. When he opened Harry saw a small shelf with few books on it to his right. Walking over and taking the books, Harry prepared to learn how to become a wizard all over again. A left-handed wizard.

“Well, I better start reading. Too bad Hermione isn’t here to do it for me.” Suddenly, in the chair next to Harry a doll appeared. It was small in size but looked exactly like Hermione. “Well there had to be at least one setback. Oh man… I’m trapped in a magical room and it has a sense of humor! It’s going to be a long year….”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback please! even if you think i should never write again!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 05:41 PM
howdugetsougly is currently offline Click here to Send howdugetsougly a Private Message Find more posts by howdugetsougly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

gud post, plz more

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 09:04 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howdugetsougly

i dont know how to transition the next part, its got some holes in it

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 12:36 AM
howdugetsougly is currently offline Click here to Send howdugetsougly a Private Message Find more posts by howdugetsougly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

lol, jus hurry, i want more

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 12:51 AM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

MORE PLZ MORE PLZ

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 11:42 PM
howdugetsougly

Chapter 7: A Year Without Harry

Ron pushed Hermione to the door. Ron had told her of Harry’s request to come over and Hermione did not seem to want to go just yet.

“But Ron! I am not ready yet, I need to pick out a better outfit!” Hermione complained as Ron shut the door behind them. He knew he had to get there quick. He wanted to make sure he told the pair of women what they should expect when Harry showed up. He will have aged a year or more if Harry’s plan worked. He might look completely different, not to mention he’d have his arm back. Their wives needed to be prepared, because if they weren’t, bad things could happen to them, or Ron and Harry.

Hermione refused to walk any further and stood her ground, scowling at him. Ron sighed and gave her a pleading look.

“Hermione we need to go now. We have to get there as soon as possible. If we don’t… well, let’s just say you won’t like the consequences,” Ron said gesturing her to a spot behind a tree from which they could Apparate.

Hermione looked livid but she allowed Ron to lead her to the spot.
Smirking Hermione said something that made Ron stop.

“So, we need to get there quick, but your fine with spending a few minutes behind a tree with me doing Merlin knows what?” Hermione said in sincerity.

Ron looked dumbfounded and opened his mouth to protest, to tell Hermione that all he intended for them to do behind the tree was Apparate to Godric’s Hollow, but Hermione smirked at him and Ron knew she was joking.

“Well, come on then,” and Ron spied around from behind the tree, to see if anyone had seen them. Spotting no one, Ron and Hermione departed London, via Apparition.

--

Ginny sat at her kitchen table eating toast. She couldn’t figure out why Harry behaved so peculiar. He almost seemed like Hermione when she was about to run off to the library to research one of their problems.

Then it hit her. Harry had found a way to get back his arm. That is why he acted like he did. The letter must have been from someone who knew how to help him. Then he ran off to get his arm, meanwhile, his wife and friends would be waiting anxiously for his glamorous arrival.

Ginny felt proud that she worked this out all by herself, but she wished Harry would have let her go with him. She had every right to be there, and if this guy had turned out to cause trouble, she could help him. Ginny felt a sense of worry for her husband, because he was venturing into a potentially dangerous situation, almost defenseless.

“But Harry knows better than that, doesn’t he?” Ginny asked her self as she heard a rap of knuckles on her front door. Ginny stood up, and welcomed in her friends.

Ron looked nervous and Hermione looked confused but pleased to see Ginny.

“Hullo, Ginny! I bet you were expecting us, weren’t you?” Hermione said as Ginny ushered them into the sitting room. Ron was looking around the house frantically, trying to spot any sign of Harry.

“Yes, I was. Ron, are you alright?” Ginny said, concerned. Ron immediately changed his nervous behavior, resolved that Harry was not in the house.

“Yes, I’m fine. Is Harry here, Ginny?” Ron said, taking one last look in the hall before taking his seat in the sitting room.

“No, I’m afraid he’s not. He told me that he will be with us shortly however,” Ginny said cheerfully. She asked her two best friends if they would like to have some tea, which the agreed to. They each chatted about their own happenings at work, Ginny telling one or two stories of her Quidditch matches. Soon, they had been in each other’s company for a half hour. Ginny became restless of Harry’s absence. She was frequently watching the door, wishing Harry to walk through it.

Resolving that Harry would show up when he was able, Ginny resumed listening to her friends. Hermione was talking about her last case in her office.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2007 05:27 PM
howdugetsougly

“-and the ironic thing is that old Blenheim Stalk was showing magic to these Muggles, as if to make them be aware of his powers. It’s quite ridiculous. I’m afraid old Blenheim is off his rocker. I would have never- Harry!” Hermione shouted the last part, making Ron jump (he had been previously falling asleep with boredom). True as Hermione’s screech, Harry stood inn the doorway, looking jubilant at the sight of his friends and wife in one place.

“Hullo! Thank you, Ron. I’m glad that you did everything I told you to do,” Harry said as Hermione’s and Ginny’s faces turned to watch Ron’s face go red. Ginny was about to inquire to what Harry was talking about when Harry sat next to her and kissed her. “You have no idea how good it is to finally do that again!” Harry chuckled to himself. The women looked confused.

“What do you mean? You did it right before you left. Its only been a half hour,” Ginny said. Harry just looked at her and sighed.

“I guess I owe everyone here an explanation. The truth is, I’ve been gone for a year,” Harry let out, closing his eyes in anticipation.

“What are you talking about? You sent Ron an owl an hour ago, so you couldn’t have been gone for a year,” Hermione said in one breath. She gave Harry a piercing glare. Harry sighed again.

“Okay, I’m going to tell you the story, but you have to wait until I’m finished to ask me questions, so please just hold your tongues until then.” Harry took a deep breath.

“Well, it starts with Peter Pettigrew.” Harry saw that Hermione had every intention of interrupting but Harry gestured for her to be quiet. Then, he continued. “Yes, well, I know that he is dead, Hermione, but I’m talking about when he was alive. Do you remember when, in our fourth year at Hogwarts, Riddle gave Pettigrew that silver hand? Well, I remembered that a few days ago, and I wanted to see if I could use the same technique to replace my arm. I also knew that Riddle had used it, so I wanted to check if it was Dark Magic. I went to Dumbledore’s portrait, knowing that the real Dumbledore would have left all his memories of Riddle with his portrait.”

“Once Dumbledore told me the incantation, and that it wasn’t dark, I had to practice with it. If just used the spell, it could’ve gone terribly wrong for me. I had to master the spell before I could use it on myself. I knew that I couldn’t waste the necessary time to master it because our children,” he said to Ginny, “are in need of us.”

“So I needed to spend a whole lot of time training but I could only invest a few days.” Hermione gasped at this last part, fearing the worst. “No, Hermione I did not use a Tim-Turner. I sent an owl to Professor McGonagall, asking if I was allowed to use the Room of Requirement. She sent the owl back this morning and I rushed to take hold of the opportunity. I told Ron to make sure that everyone was here waiting for me when I returned. I had already confided in him my plan, and he agreed to keep his mouth shut and help in any way possible.” Hermione and Ginny glared at Ron for not telling them but they turned their attention back to Harry once he resumed talking.

“So, I left for Hogwarts, and arrived at the Room of Requirement. I told
it what I needed and when I stepped inside, I found an amazing place, fit for me to train. There was a small training area, which had a magical barrier around it, so any stray spells would not damage any furniture.
There were many comfortable chairs to sit and rest or read. There also happened to be a bedroom and washroom. There was a supply of chairs that were missing legs for me to practice the spell on. There was another room, which was like a secondary Room of Requirement. I used it for food and such. Lastly, there were two clocks, one showing the time in the real world, which moved very slowly, and one showing me the time I operated at, which moved regularly. So, as you have guessed, I have been away training for a year, although it only seems like an afternoon to you guys. Now, any questions?” Harry looked at the stunned faces of the women, and the worried look on Ron’s. It was the latter who spoke first.

“Harry, if you’ve technically aged a year, then doesn’t that mean you should look a year older?”

“Yes, I should, but I knew that might cause suspicion if I suddenly went out in public looking a tidbit older. Also, I didn’t know if I the Room would do what I wanted and if I was in there for a longer amount of time, and then I would look completely different. So I asked for an old Muggle camera in the second Room and I took a picture of myself, hung it up, and groomed myself every day to look like the picture.”

“So, how come you don’t have your arm back, if you’ve really done this training for a year?” Hermione said skeptically. Harry grinned.

“I figured that, if I’m going to leave you guys out of my plans, I should probably show you the fruits of my labor.” Harry took out his wand quite easily with his left hand, flourished it quite like Lockhart had once done, and pointed it at his shoulder, thinking the incantation.

Automatically a silver arm appeared from his shoulder. Harry flexed the arm and started to get a feel for it. It was no different than his old arm had been. There was nothing awkward about it.

“Well, there it is.” Harry said cheerfully. Harry stowed his wand away as Ginny hugged him and kissed him. Ron and Hermione congratulated him, but Hermione looked as if something was bothering her.

“Yes, Hermione?” Harry asked.

“It’s just that, how did Dumbledore know it isn’t dark magic?”

Ron took over that answer. He explained the origins of the spell, but Hermione still looked worried.

“But didn’t that hand of Pettigrew’s kill him?”

Harry had thought about that as well. He knew he was safe however.

“Yes, it did. But it only did that because Pettigrew had a life debt to me because I told Sirius and Lupin to spare him. I don’t have one of those.” Harry watched as Hermione struggled with herself, then she grew content. They all had more tea, and Harry told them stories of the accidents he had had during his stay in the Room of Requirement.

---------------------------------------------

wat di u think?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2007 05:28 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg omg omg so gud, plz post more soon, laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 19th, 2007 11:38 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

plz post soon....like plz

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 10:04 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

post now plz

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 01:21 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

wen u posting

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 08:09 PM
howdugetsougly

Chapter 8: French Fries

Harry and Ginny spent their time trying to gather up information on their children and on KD. They had made little progress in either subject and after a day or two, they grew bored and restless.

“What is it that we’re missing? We have to be getting somewhere…. We have all the information, but it’s not adding up.” office. He had made a copy of it Harry said, frustrated as they sat in their living room with the report from Harry’s when he went in to give a notice of further leave do to his injury. No questions were asked although many were thought when they saw his new arm. Harry’s excuse was that he needed time to get used to his arm.

“Alright, from the top. They left our house and safely reached their flying zone. They mounted their brooms and began their flight towards Surrey,” Ginny said skimming the report. Harry nodded and then cut in.

“Yes on the top of the line, Gateways. I still can’t get over the fact that it triples the speed of the Firebolt that I used to ride.”

“Yes, we know your fascination with the new brooms. I should be but then again I’ve been flying on one for season and a half. But that is beside the point. After they were flying in the direction of Surrey they coasted for an hour and then they slowed down and landed outside of a small town. They walked into the town and looked for a place to eat, hiding their brooms under some bushes, putting Disillusionment Charms on them. Then they found a restaurant and went inside. An hour later, they reappeared, and found their brooms after some difficulty -”

“Wait; does it say how busy the restaurant was?” Harry asked standing up.

“Um, it says that the parking lot was close to being completely empty.
Why?” Ginny looked at her husband confused.

“Was it a fancy restaurant?” Harry said, starting to pace.

“No…. It was a restaurant with a bar, so it was pretty much low-maintenance.” Ginny was now even more confused.

“Then why did it take an hour for them to get food and leave? That time should’ve been cut down to a half-an-hour.”

“Maybe they liked the atmosphere and wanted to just hang out there.” Ginny said, not believing her own suggestion.

“No, that’s no it. James is smart enough not to linger in a place he has no background information on. He knew they had a target to get to and he wouldn’t voluntarily waste time.” Harry looked at Ginny and she gasped, knowing what he was thinking.

“Are you saying that they were forced to stay? Then that means that the switch was most likely held in the restaurant. Which means….” Ginny said trailing off.

“Which means we need to go there now. It’s already too late to trace the magic but there might be something there that can tell us what’s going on.”

Harry gathered his defense stuff and his Invisibility Cloak and he departed Godric’s Hollow with Ginny.

--

Harry and Ginny Apparated outside the town. They appeared around the location that their children had landed on with their brooms. They set off for their target at a quick pace. They were very quiet. It being the late afternoon, they expected the town to have cars zooming on the streets, but they were surprised to see very few people or cars on the roads and sidewalks.

“This place is very quaint, don’t you think?” Ginny asked as they rounded a corner. Harry nodded and approached the restaurant, which was now in their sights.

“Alright, here is the plan,” Harry said as he stopped walking one hundred feet from the door to the restaurant. “It doesn’t look crowded. We go in and sit down. I’m going to have a look around the place, and when I come back and someone asks us what we want to eat, we ask her about anything funny that happened a few weeks ago. She’ll probably have a memory charm on her. If she does then we need to convince her to sit down so I can try and remove it. This is going to be the most crucial part of finding our children.”

Ginny nodded at Harry and they continued to walk into the restaurant. The room was dark with only a few dimmed lights on. There was a bar in the middle of the room in a circular fashion. Around the walls were tables for dining. Harry and Ginny chose to sit in a corner with the least lighting. Harry nodded to Ginny then stood p and started to walk around the bar. There was only one bartender on duty and the waitresses were in the kitchens, out of sight. There was only two other patrons to the restaurant and Harry found that it would be easy to investigate this crime scene.

Harry started off looking for any abnormalities on the dining tables. He found that all the tables had four chairs except for one which only had three. Also there was a long scratch on the wall directly across the bar from the table with three chairs.

Thinking about that scratch, Harry returned to his table where Ginny sat patiently. Soon after, an old waitress walked up to their table and asked what they would be having.

“Information, actually. Could you spare a minute and sit down?” Harry
asked politely. The waitress didn’t sit down but looked around and then answered Harry.

“I’m sorry, but what is it that you want to know?”

“Well, if you could tell us anything suspicious that has happened in the past few weeks that would be a help.” The waitress looked up in concentration and then replied.

“I don’t seem to remember anything unusual. But actually, a few weeks ago we did lose a chair, and nobody seemed to know where it had gone.
Also, that long scratch appeared, and nobody has any recollection of why that is there either.” The waitress thought hard but nothing came to her as to why the two things had occurred.

“Please sit down, we think we know why both of those things have happened,” Ginny said quietly. The waitress seemed to warm up to Ginny’s words and took a seat opposite Harry. Harry looked into her eyes and performed the counter spell to the memory charm and Harry’s vision became grey with fog. It wasn’t a thick heavy fog like Dudley’s had been. This fog was light and looked like it could be pushed aside with Harry’s hand. Harry thought of the day his children had dined at the bar and immediately, with no resistance, the events of that day were surrounding Harry.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2007 11:03 PM
howdugetsougly

The room was lit exactly as it was in the present and the waitress was serving a family at the table Harry and Ginny had chosen. When she had finished, a group of teenagers had walked into the restaurant and chose the seat that had a scratch over it in the present. Harry looked across the bar to the table where there were only three chairs instead of four. There were still four chairs in this memory, and all of them were occupied. Harry though he saw one of the people there give his children a look but if they had, they weren’t looking any longer.

James had ordered for his siblings and they were all looking merry and very hungry. Harry kept an eye on the four people across from his children. There were two women and two men. They each looked like they were around thirty. They were talking quietly and Harry was about to find out what they were talking about when two of them stood up and pointed their arms at his children, each hand holding a wand. Harry looked at his children, who had not noticed anything yet. Harry heard them yell “Stupefy!” and saw red jets of light fly towards his children.

Probably due to a misunderstanding, both lights headed for Lily Potter. She was immediately knocked out and her head hit the wall behind her. Harry groaned because he had not been able to help and was forced to watch his children fall to these enemies.

James took out his wand and flicked a disarming spell and a stunning spell in quick succession. Albus had been less quick but still managed to shoot off a leg-locker curse of his own before one of the ladies he was firing at Apparated behind him and stunned him. James spells had been evaded easily and had hit a table with French fries on it, sending them flying, but Albus only curse had found a mark. He had hit one of the men and he had fallen, unable to move his legs effectively. James disarmed the fallen man and Apparated to the door of the restaurant.

James eyed his opponents warily and adjusted his wand to each of them looking for a weakness. One of the women slashed her wand at in James’ direction and James had to Apparate to avoid the Sectumsempra that was flying his way. He appeared behind the group of three and flicked his wand upward, performing wandless magic. The remaining guy was held comically in the air by the ankle, the result of the Levicorpus spell. James quickly let the man fall and disarmed one of the women while they were tuning around.

The other woman Apparated across the bar to James’ right. When the man recovered he pointed his wand at James and fired the Stunning Spell. James used the Shield Charm and the man was stunned buy his own spell. Now facing the last two women, James seemed to gather confidence.

“What do you want from us?” he yelled to them. One was by the door and the other was on the opposite side of the room. James had to shift his eyes left and right to keep them in his sight.

“We don’t want anything from you. We want something from your father. So we’re taking you to get it.”

At that moment, the lady in the back of the restaurant lifted the chair from the table and started to make it spin. Then the lady at the door sent a Stunning Spell at James. James was about to dodge it when he noticed the chair flying at him at a high speed. Thinking merely of his physical health for the present, James ducked and the Stunner hit him square in the abdomen. James collapsed, knocked out. The chair had scraped the wall with its leg before hitting the wall and shattering.

The women helped their comrades and then, after placing memory charms over the hiding people in the restaurant and fixing anything they had broken that could be easily fixed, pulled out flasks and put in hairs of the three children. Before they left the woman who did not take any potion spoke to the look-a-like Potters.

“I’ll go to report of this victory to KD and take these to him. You three go on ahead of where they need to be. You remember that you need to make sure the security sees you enter the house, but those Muggles can’t remember you three being there, correct?”

The other three nodded and they left, followed by an Apparition of the woman.

--

“Harry, what did you find out?” Ginny said when his mind had retuned to the present.

Harry looked at the waitress, who sat there stunned at her own memories. Harry whispered to Ginny, telling her to place another memory charm on the lady. Ginny did so and they departed. When they had reached the Apparition point, they returned to Godric’s Hollow.
After explaining what he found out to Ginny, Harry concluded the night with their mission.

“Now, it’s not about looking for our children. We need to be looking for KD. He has our children and he wants me. He’s the source of the problem. He needs to be stopped.”

------------------------------------------------------

hey what you think about it?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2007 11:04 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg thts like effin awesome, plz post more, i really wna kno who KD is?
this is getting really great

Old Post Aug 26th, 2007 11:40 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT
TT

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 11:58 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

hmm....thread seems dead, u havent posted in a long time

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 07:25 PM
howdugetsougly

sorry for the wait.

-------------------------------------

Chapter 10: The Meeting.

Harry spent his three days of relaxation and preparation with Ginny. They went over Harry’s preparatory steps for Occlumency. Harry had built a small ability to maintain the secrets of his mind. It wouldn’t have stood against Voldemort, but it would have to suffice. Harry also stretched and reviewed spells he had forgotten.

The day before he was to head to Privet Drive, Harry was coming back from running around Godric’s Hollow, and he stopped outside of his house. He started looking around in amazement. He just took it all in. The trees, the flowers, the colors, the smells; Harry just breathed in the very essence of Godric’s Hollow. He felt the air around him and felt the nostalgia in the air. He let the wind blowing easily down the town flow over him, chilling him when he needed the cool air most.

“Harry? What are you doing just standing out here?” Ginny said as she came outside of their home. Harry grinned at her and replied.

“Well, you see, all this last minute refresher course on training, and running and stretching and stuff, it kind of reminds me of when I was in school. Like the Tri-Wizard Tournament. I remember that training for the next task was the most important thing to do. It just brings back memories, doing all this stuff.”

Ginny put her arm around his waist and led him to the door. “Well, if you bring back our children, you can make more memories, maybe even happier ones, because this time you don’t have to out-fly a dragon to get what you want.”

“That’s what I love about you Ginny. You always have some optimistic approach to my happiness. This is why I can never listen to you if you ever get a plan in your head to do something. You make it seem like it is the easiest thing to do. Remember Umbridge in your fourth year? You came up with a plan that sounded good at the time, but we all got caught in the end.” Harry said. Ginny put a confused expression and replied in a ‘don’t-mess-with-me’ tone that also conveyed a sense of playfulness.

“You must be thinking about some other cute innocent girl. Because I have never been wrong in my life. And don’t you think it’s dumb to mention another girl you had a crush on when we were in school together? I don’t think that’s something you should mention to your wife.”

They laughed and walked into the house, going to relax and let the rest of the day drift off.

--

Harry looked at the house. It was as ordinary and as plain as it had ever been, completely synonymous with the other houses of Privet Drive. Harry watched the front door of number 4 as he approached the landing. Although he looked determined and focused, Harry’s mind was still on Ginny and Godric’s Hollow.

Harry had walked out of his own home an hour previously. He had eaten a quiet breakfast with Ginny and had kissed her goodbye on his way out of the door. She had been reluctant to let him go, but she knew that if she was to get her children back, Harry needed to go face this KD.

Harry longed to be at his own home, with his children and wife and friends, but Harry knew better. He had led a tough childhood. He had been constantly targeted, and he had turned out alright. He was now a happy successful man who loved his life. Harry was used to feeling like he was on the chopping block.

Harry stepped onto the small landing before the door. He glanced over his shoulder and looked at the bright, sunny day outside. A sprinkler could be heard a couple of houses away. Another street held the noise of a lawnmower. The world not realizing the perils that Harry was to face. Just like when he was in school, nobody understanding the troubles he was going though. To them, it was just another story to tell their children or to gossip about in gatherings. Harry’s eyes swept the lawn and side garden, both as flourishing as ever. Harry turned back to the door, and turned the handle. It was unlocked and Harry stepped into the dark, cold house that reeked of an eerie presence, a presence not unlike death.

Harry closed the door behind him. He was plunged into complete darkness, so he lit his wand. He tried to turn the lights on but it seemed as if the electric was cut off. Harry would find that all the lights were similar to this first one.
Also, the curtains in every room were down and blocked all light from entering. The dark house was so thick Harry could feel the malice of the presence he was approaching. It was strong, and it almost made Harry turn around and walk out of the house, to leave his children to this fate of torture and death. But Harry thought of how happy he would be when he reunited his children with Ginny and all of their friends around celebrating their return.

Harry’s footsteps seemed to echo in his mind as he approached the foot of the stairs. The house seemed empty of all things not death and destruction. He took a glance into the kitchen and then continued upstairs. After carefully examining the rooms and hall, Harry retreated downstairs. Confused, Harry checked the sitting room and the living room. Harry conceded to himself that there was only one place he had not checked.

Harry made his way to the stairs again, but instead of going up them, he walked along the side, toward the back of the kitchen. Harry stopped however at the small door on the side of the stairs. Harry took a deep breath and opened the door. Harry looked into the cupboard under the stairs.
However, it was not a dark, small cupboard anymore. It was a room the size of half of the great hall at Hogwarts. This room was not lit either, but Harry guessed that this was where the ‘activities’ were to take place. Harry crouched and crawled into the room. Once inside he stood up and started to walk along the walls of the room.

This room, Harry noticed, held more malice in it than any other part of the house. Harry’s steps felt weighted with the presence of death, and Harry lost energy in trying to walk. He felt himself growing weaker, and he had to force himself from stopping and sitting down. Harry found torches on the side of the walls. They were in sets of six, and the sets were separated by a hundred feet or so. The room seemed to be a rectangle. Two sets of torches on the longer sides and one set on each of the shorter sides. Harry lit all of the torches and Harry walked to a corner of the room, the most strategic point to defend himself if he were suddenly attacked.

“Come now, Mr. Potter, the fighting has not started yet. You mustn’t trap yourself in a corner for no reason. Please come to the center of the room,” a voice carried throughout the room. Harry looked but the lights of the torches did not carry towards the center of the room and there was a patch of thick night at the center of the room. “Oh, that’s right, you cannot see me, now can you? Here let me take care of that little snag.”

A light shot up from the center of the darkness towards the ceiling. A hundred feet above them, a great ornate wooden chandelier was lit with fire, illuminating the rest of the room. Harry saw a cloaked figure in the very center of the room. The figure was facing Harry but the hood of the cloak came so far down that Harry couldn’t make out a single facial feature.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 09:21 PM
howdugetsougly

“Well, I am here. I have also come alone, so my son Albus is safe. Begin your questioning, so I may save my other son. And then we shall duel and I shall save my daughter,” Harry said as he approached the figure. It seemed human in form, but there was a spectral aura about the figure.

“No, Mr. Potter. I did not say that you my have your children back if you adhere to the conditions. I only said I would not kill them. You will still have to rescue them from the obstacles my followers are setting throughout the house. Also, you only get a chance to save them if you adhere to the conditions, and defeat me in the duel; otherwise, we just kill them outright.”
The figure seemed to chuckle at this idea, and Harry was reminded of the pleasure Voldemort received when he killed just for the sake of killing.

“Well let’s get on with it, so I may rescue them quicker,” Harry said controlling his temper.

“Yes, let’s begin the questioning. Please do keep your wand in your back pocket while I am asking you these questions. I do not feel like using magic right now, so keep your twitchy fingers in check.” Harry had been inching his fingers towards his hips, progressing to his back pocket, but he stopped when this figure called him out on it.

“But first, may I assume that you are the KD that has been commanding this operation?”

“Well, I do receive advice and some small instruction as to further my plans, but yes I am the ring leader, and I am KD.”

“What is your real name?” Harry asked the figure, pondering over the advice that he receives. It meant that Harry would have to defeat this man, and others to end the harassment of his life.

“My real name? You are not worthy to hear it. But if you wish to know why I am called KD I shall tell you. It stands for Kione Deren. It is my title, my name, and my honor. You shall address me by either KD or Kione Deren when speaking to me.”

Harry liked the sound of that. Here was another human with an identity crisis. He wished to command everyone, and he demanded respect. Harry knew where to start off with this. Deren spoke again in a calm tone.

“First, Mr. Potter, I wish to ask how is it that you are praised for a murder.”
Harry was suspicious of the intent of this question but he answered it truthfully.

“I ask not to be praised, but I am thanked for defeating a dark lord that terrorized this world. Also, I did not kill him outright, his own curse rebounded on him, and he was a victim of his own campaign.”

Deren seemed to flinch at the mention of the defeat of Voldemort. Harry waited until another question was asked.

“Second, how is it that you rose to the top of the Auror office when you did not even complete your education?”

“Well, I had already proven my skills in real life situations. Also, I completed my Auror training with top marks in every category.” Harry again told the truth. What he had just said was common knowledge to most, but Harry suspected that Deren thought there was a conspiracy to help Harry get ahead in life. Another person believing that Harry had not earned his life but that it was given to him on a silver platter.

“I just have one more question then. If you could bring back your parents from the grave, would you do it?”

Harry blankly stared at Deren. He could not believe what he had just heard. Surely this was a hypothetical question. Still, Harry had thought about the happiness he could have if he brought back his parents.

“It’s impossible to do so.” Harry replied after his thoughts subsided. Deren stood, seemingly watching Harry. Then he moved to the left.

“Now that all of that is out of the way, let us begin our duel.

---------------------------------

what did you think??

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 09:21 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg, it was good post more soon

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 01:06 AM
howdugetsougly

Chapter 11: Moves of Malice

Harry drew his wand and turned to square his shoulders to Deren. The warm room was thick with lingering death, destruction, torture, and malice. Deren bowed respectfully to Harry. Harry copied the movement and once both had resumed an upright position, they fired spells at each other.

Harry thought quickly, nonverbally aiming curses at Deren and blocking most of the ones he was returning at him. Harry thought Incarcerous! and quickly put a set of ropes that were bound for him on fire, ceasing their path. A split second later and Harry levitated a torch quickly towards Deren.

Deren doused it with water and then transfigured the water into a serpent. It crawled towards Harry, but he blasted it with Confringo before it got too close. Harry tried summoning the shoes on Deren, either to trip him or to actually bring him under Harry’s control. The charm was thrown off by Deren though, and a stunner flew towards him. Harry Apparated a few feet behind Deren and fired a disarming spell at him, but Deren Apparated to the opposite side of the room.

Harry conjured a huge boulder and broke it into three different smaller boulders. He transfigured them into human-shaped rock-men, and sent them after Deren. Deren, however, fired a blue spell at the floor. The floor shook and seemed to turn into a liquid patch. The patch glided on the floor towards the running rock-men. Once it was underneath them, it sucked them into the floor, and then it hardened. Harry realized then that this duel would not be easy, even after all his experience and training.

Deren walked slowly toward the center of the room. Harry watched him carefully, examining any part of weakness on his person. Harry came up with nothing because of the huge cloak that Deren wore. Once Deren reached the center of the room, he took off his cloak.

Harry looked at the skinny tall man underneath the cloak. He had bad posture, almost like a stalking stance, and Harry speculated that if he stood up straight he would approach seven feet in height. Deren also was dark-skinned, as if he had a really dark tan, and he had a single earring hanging from his left ear. The earring intrigued Harry because it because the charm that hung from it was of a sapphire color and it was the eye of Horus except that it was flipped upside down. Harry dragged his eyes away from the earring. Deren’s face was completely symmetrical. It almost had a feminine quality to it.

“There we go. I am much more comfortable. Now let us resume Mr. Potter.”
Again curses, spells, hexes, and jinxes flew across the room, with an occasional pop of Apparition that signaled an evasive move.

“Avada Kedavra!” Deren shouted the killing curse. Harry charmed the floor to jut in front of him, blocking the killing curse. The rock barrier burst into tiny little pieces and before they could fall to the floor Harry hexed them into forks and sped them towards Deren. With a split second to think, Deren conjured a huge silver shield to block the forks. Harry vaguely recognized the shield, but where he knew it from was thrust to the back of his mind because Deren had fired another killing curse at him.

Harry Apparated underneath some torches and then began charming them to fly at Deren. Deren shot torches from his side at the torches Harry sent, and they collided and exploded in between the two battlers.

Harry tried to think about any weaknesses Deren had revealed, but there was none. Deren did not flourish his wand to much, so a series of quick attacks from Harry would not work. Deren seemed to recognize attacks very easily and defend against them very quickly, so a trap would be difficult to lay. The only thing that Harry noticed that was different about Deren’s dueling style was that it was more counter-active, then active. He was playing off of Harry’s attacks more than he was casting his own.

Harry was struck with sudden inspiration. He had a plan all he needed to do was find a way to get to the middle of the room without Deren hampering him. Harry glanced at the chandelier in the middle of the ceiling and then focused back on Deren, who seemed to be smirking. Harry wondered why that look brought anger up in his diaphragm, but he settled it. There was no way for Deren to know Harry’s plan from one glance to the chandelier. Also, Harry hadn’t even felt an attempt of Legilimency on his mind. It was probably just a psychological thing.

Harry fired a disarming spell, a stunner, and sent ropes flying in Deren’s direction in quick succession. Harry the Apparated to the center of the room looked up. He levitated the chandelier down closer to the ground. Deren, still smirking, merely watched Harry’s actions as if they were a mildly amusing television program.

Harry then began to spin the chandelier in circles, creating a violent wind above it. Once it had reached a significant speed, Harry turned it on its side, forcing the gust in Deren’s direction. Deren was struggling to keep his stance and was almost blown down. Deren began shielding his face with his arms, letting his guard down to keep his balance.

This being what Harry was waiting for, shot a stunner through the chandelier, straight for Deren. He had no stability to attempt an apparition, and if he tried to block it by casting a spell and would lose his balance. Harry almost laughed at the predicament Deren was in.

The stunner closed in on Deren, and Harry watched eagerly in anticipation.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 10:59 PM