KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect The God of War!!!!!!

Respect The God of War!!!!!!
Started by: Sol Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

Why fat?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2009 11:21 PM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Bumping this for obvious reasons. I'll try to type all the feats I've seen for GOW3 in spoilers later.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 06:11 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Why don't you wait until the actual game comes out? It'd actually be better that way IMO.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 06:19 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I'm impatient. And I feel I have a good understanding for the context of the feats.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 06:21 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I'm all for respecting someone so manly they'll get a tattoo on their eyelid, but I do think it's a little early. stick out tongue

That said, any fine-tunings can be made later. So, I say go for it.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 06:40 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And to think, all of this madness happened when Kratos opened up Pandora's Box. Now, he at war with his old man and his uncles. Even Hercules isn't exempt. Oh, and Kevin Sorbo does Herc's voice in the game. Pretty fitting. And Herc is freakin' huge. You sure Sony didn't hire Sagat for the role?

Let's see...Kratos has basically moked out nearly every family member on his dad's side (Ares was his half-brother, Athena his half-sister, Perseus and Hercules are also half-brothers, Poseidon and Hades are his uncles, Cronus is his grandpa - he didn't kill him), and this is off the top of my head.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Mar 20th, 2010 at 06:43 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 06:40 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wish I was as cool as Major Nelson...err..I mean Major Snafu.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:03 PM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Just copying and pasting some of his GoW3 feats from another post of mine.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
strength:
-In God of War 3 Kratos amazingly stops Cronos from crushing him. Cronos had Kratos
standing on his left palm, and Kratos looked like nothing but a speck. Cronos proceeded bring
down his right hand on Kratos, clapping his hands together, and Kratos not only stops Cronos'
hand from crushing him, he pushed Cronos' hand UP several feet. This is Kratos against
mountain busting strength.
-Earlier in the game he picks up Gaia's severed hand and pushes
it off a cliff.
-Later in the game he operates, I guess you'd call it a circular lever, that pulls up an entire level (The labyrinth) up to the Palace of Olympus. The labyrinth was about in the center of Mt. Olympus somewhere.
-So yeah he can manipulate these big objects and creatures, but what about small dense objects?
Could he crush a diamond? Possibly. He did crush a magic emerald almost into dust with his
left hand--Casually at that. As small as it was, ironically that was one of the most impressive
strength feats he's shown, at least to me.
-There are a couple of instances where he cleanly
jumped a distance of probably 800 ft.

durability:
-Kratos tanks a slash from Hades' hooks in the very beginning of the fight. Hades' sneaks out of
the darkness, swings, makes contact with Kratos' flesh and tried to pull his soul out. Kratos tanked it.
A dual feat for not getting getting cut at all by Hades (who is in Kratos'general strength class) and
for resisting his soul being taken.
-In the first level of the game, there is a scene where one of Poseidon's leviathan creatures make
a massive lunge at Kratos from above him, trying to impale Kratos with one of its pointed crab
like legs. Kratos tanked this too, it hit him square, pushed him down to his knees, but he promptly
pushed the leg off and slammed it into the ground. Keep in mind the Leviathan is strong enough
to pierce Gaia's skin and even restrain her and other the titans. Massive durability feat here.
-Near the end of the first level, Zeus charges up a massive lightning bolt and throws it at Kratos
and Gaia, and the explosion of electricity severed Gaia's left hand, all it did to Kratos was
knock him off Olympus and the mountain itself. Otherwise Kratos was completely unharmed.
Keep in mind that Gaia and the other titans probably weigh a couple millions of tons.
-Kratos falls all the way from some distance up Mount Olympus down to the underworld, twice.
The first time he falls into part of the river styx. The second time he jumps from within the Labyrinth
(which is maybe halfway up Mt. Olympus) down to the Underwold again and this time he lands on solid
ground. I know someone will stupidly say 'but he landed in water!' for the first one, not that it matters at
that distance, however the second example moots this anyway.
-Kratos' breaks one Gaia's tendons or something, and upon doing so there was a violent explosion
of what looked like magma. Kratos was unaffected. This happens again when Kratos stabs Cronos in
the forehead, a large firey, volcano-like explosion occurs and Kratos was in the center of it, unbothered.
-I already mentioned it as a strength feat above, but Kratos being able to withstand Cronos trying to
crush him inbetween his palms is a ground breaking feat. Consider the strength behind it seeing as the
Titans are mountain tossers/busters.
-Cronos swallows Kratos at one point and Kratos retrieves a special stone from inside his stomach
and then cut his way out, spilling Cronos' intestines. Titan digestive acid tanking FTW.
-Kratos also survives the weight of Cronos'fall. Kratos was hanging on Cronos' nose while he
was falling head first into a rock shelf. Kratos survived the impact and fell through that rock all the
way to a new underground passage.
-Hephaestus failed to crush Kratos with a giant metal stake freshly plunged in magma. Another burn durability
feat on top of another blunt force durability feat. (and of course strength feat)
-Another immense edged weapon durability, while Zeus and Kratos are struggling over the Blade of
Olympus inside Gaia, both are holding onto it by the blade itself. Despite all the pushing and shoving
back and forth while doing this, their hands are in tact. Kratos in that same scene was able to CATCH
and BLOCK the blade itself with his bare hands while Zeus was slashing at him, twice. Again, he grabbed
the edge of the blade itself. Twice.
-Kratos while in Gaia's heart chamber, survives and shakes off her massive self collapse/destruction.
-After the above happens, an evil, spiritual form of Zeus climbs out of Zeus' body and charges a white
energy blast at Kratos. Kratos is dazed by it momentarily. This energy blast was strong enough to break
his Cestus weapons--the only weapon of Kratos' arsenal strong enough to break formations of glowing
crystals called onyx (looks nothing like actual onyx though).

combat reflexes:
-Was able to beat Hermes without much of a problem despite Hermes'speed allowing him
to run down Mt. Olympus, run up a completely vertical mile long metal chain, and look like
a teleporter in short bursts.
-Was able to beat Zeus in a fight where Zeus demonstrated flying, teleportation, and even
a doppleganger ability being able to split himself into 8 different physical clones.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 09:22 PM
Chibi Kwatos
Restricted

Account Restricted

Respect the God of War:

http://rian.fragland.net/gow2_kratos_throne.jpg
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
As Blaxican would say, what the FVCK is wrong with you?

You could've posted a different, smaller picture of the mighty Kratos.

Last edited by Peach on Apr 4th, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 04:54 PM
Chibi Kwatos is currently offline Click here to Send Chibi Kwatos a Private Message Find more posts by Chibi Kwatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

(imitating Craig from South Park - sarcasm on my end) Dude, if I could bone the Goddess of Love like that, I would be so happy.

Think it's safe to say that Aphrodite is not on Kratos's God Death List.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 12:29 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Warning

Is it really necessary to post that ginormous pic?

It should be this size:

(please log in to view the image)

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 01:21 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Kratos' Ending.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 11:51 PM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Kratos' Ending.

Did you have to spoil the game for those who haven't played it?

Besides, they spelled sacrifices as "sacirfies"... Idiots.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2010 12:11 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Kratos' Ending.

What the hell is this doing in a respect thread?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 4th, 2010 12:14 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Did you have to spoil the game for those who haven't played it?

Besides, they spelled sacrifices as "sacirfies"... Idiots.

A friend of mine did that one. I claim the one for Jill in her thread. I pointed out the misspelled word as well.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2010 12:37 AM
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kratos is an awesome character

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 01:10 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And to think, all of this madness happened when Kratos opened up Pandora's Box. Now, he at war with his old man and his uncles. Even Hercules isn't exempt. Oh, and Kevin Sorbo does Herc's voice in the game. Pretty fitting. And Herc is freakin' huge. You sure Sony didn't hire Sagat for the role?

Let's see...Kratos has basically moked out nearly every family member on his dad's side (Ares was his half-brother, Athena his half-sister, Perseus and Hercules are also half-brothers, Poseidon and Hades are his uncles, Cronus is his grandpa - he didn't kill him), and this is off the top of my head.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Speaking of Sagat, am I the only one who's noticed a few parallels between him and Kratos? Both are big bald guys who have distinctive scars across their chests, and swear vengence against the ones responsible. Heracles was supposedley said to be upwards of ten to twelve feet tall. By comparison, Kratos' height descriptions have ranged anywhere from 6'6'' to over 8'0'', so either way, this makes Heracles nothing short of ~11'0''. Supposedley there are cardboard cutouts of Kratos in the studios shown in a "Making of" video that are 1:1 in scale, and they seemed pretty damn big

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 03:35 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Well, a dev stated that he was over 8 ft. tall, so who knows. If we go by today's standards, that's nearly absurd, as his daughter would be ~5 feet.

However, GoW is set in ancient times in a fictional verse, and Kratos is a son of one of the most powerful beings in said verse. Then there's Hercules, another son of Zeus, who is a giant to say the least. There's also Theseus, a son of Poseidon, who is at least a foot taller than Kratos.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 04:11 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Maybe he grew when he got his powers?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 04:48 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Well, a dev stated that he was over 8 ft. tall, so who knows. If we go by today's standards, that's nearly absurd, as his daughter would be ~5 feet.

I thought he said 7 feet.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2010 01:10 AM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote