KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Pyron, Eater of Worlds

Respect Pyron, Eater of Worlds
Started by: Violent2Dope

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

400,000 lightyears around is nowhere near the size of the universe, it would still take ****ing forever to get from Earth to the known limits, were you not FTL.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 10:42 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

About 1.5 billion years I imagine.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 10:53 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Incorrect.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
Well it had to be, thats where he was destroyed/absorbed by Demitri no?

How big do you belive Pyron to be? if you belive hes as big as the orbit of planets, and assume the planets are their orignal size, or that Pyron himself is lightyears in span, then him at that size, moving at lightspeed probably wouldnt take long until a part of him touches the "known" universes edge.

Also, during the 10 mil years, we dont know if he teleported at any point, considering he can. Meaning it would cut his journey up, depending on how far he can percieve.

Yes, but as some of us know, Pyron could've broken his own rules and killed Demitri. It could be assumed he didn't because there was nothing left after Earth. Given the constant emphasis on his boredom, in his character descriptions.

Pyron is at least 400,000 lys in size. An ant in the face of the universe. And they aren't speaking of the "known" universe's edge.....Since Hellstorm isn't in the known universe.

But it is never stated that he teleported. His teleport brings him to his desired destination, instantly........He did not return to Earth, instantly. To assume he did teleport at some point and to even go so far as to place imaginary limits on it based on his own perception is more than speculatory, it's out-right baseless. The facts are the facts, you have to stick to them.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Last edited by Frisky Dingo on Dec 12th, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 11:03 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

How do you know? Demitri iirc just absorbed him, it doesnt sound like he could do much to that.

Well you dont know, it could be in their fiction, just like in their fiction the universe may have a literal edge. We dont know.

It does not state he spent the whole 10 million years through manuel travel either though. Well so is him moving solely manuel, only its worse because logical motive would state a being with the ability to teleport would do it to cover distances, likely often in a 10 million year period. Wouldnt you?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 11:05 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

How do you know? Demitri iirc just absorbed him, it doesnt sound like he could do much to that.

Well you dont know, it could be in their fiction, just like in their fiction the universe may have a literal edge. We dont know.

It does not state he spent the whole 10 million years through manuel travel either though. Well so is him moving solely manuel, only its worse because logical motive would state a being with the ability to teleport would do it to cover distances, likely often in a 10 million year period. Wouldnt you?

One would assume Demitri absorbs through Midnight Bliss. Pyron could have expanded to his true form where he was both four times the size of the Milkway and incorporeal.

What you're saying is all speculation. There is no reason to question it. If we did, we would have to question the size of every universe in gaming. Until something is stated for sure, we are to assume it is the size of our universe.

It does not have too, it shows him flying through space. The Graphic File states he meanders through space in boredom. We are not going to assume he did anything other than what was stated. "Logical motive" does not apply, 100%, in works of fiction. The writers are not thinking about the logic and consequences of everything they jot down when writing the story. If it is not stated, then any claim is inadmissible.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 11:23 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well again, we dont know, midnight bliss transforms one into a female form apprently, also he would still be energy in any form I imagine.

Well so is the counter, that you belive.

Any claim including him using purely physical speed to travel those 10 million years. Also as you just said, their not thinking about logic or consequences apprently so maybe this whole distance thing is irrelevent as a feat. If he meanders hes not going at ftl speed is he. Maybe that explanation ties in with my suggestion earlier that "limits of the universe" is hyperbole, considering there is no limit.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 11:26 PM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Well again, we dont know, midnight bliss transforms one into a female form apprently, also he would still be energy in any form I imagine.

Well so is the counter, that you belive.

Any claim including him using purely physical speed to travel those 10 million years. Also as you just said, their not thinking about logic or consequences apprently so maybe this whole distance thing is irrelevent as a feat. If he meanders hes not going at ftl speed is he. Maybe that explanation ties in with my suggestion earlier that "limits of the universe" is hyperbole, considering there is no limit.

Yes, but Pyron made himself into energy you can see and touch. There is difference.

No it isn't, it's using common sense. I'm sticking to the facts solely stated in the authoritative sources, you a free do otherwise.

No. The facts state he flies through space, not that he teleported at any point. You're attempting to invent things not stated in the sources, or anywhere for that matter. Every superhuman and supernatural fictional feat is irrelevant as feat for every character, in every video game because the writers are not thinking about the logistics and real world consequences involved. No one is safe. Obviously, Pyron's "meandering" is still FTL and you're suggestion of hyperbole is wrong, the universe does have limits. I'm sorry, but can not a agree with your debate ethics. They are wrong at its very foundation.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 11:52 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont know, energy is still energy, unless we know for a fact Demitri has to touch to draw on this energy....

Your claim is that just because in one scan or so he traveled physically for what, 10 minutes that he could not have done anything else in the other 10 million years? The sources never say that...

It does not state he only flies though, you made that up. So are you though, your implying all he did was travel for 10 million years FTL, its never said this way. Erm, actually the real universe we live in is unkown, we dont know it has any limit, some say its infnite. I am not debateing, I am discussing, and pointing out why assuming he just went FTL everywhere when he can teleport is dishonest. We dont know for a fact.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 11:57 PM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

I dont know, energy is still energy, unless we know for a fact Demitri has to touch to draw on this energy....

Your claim is that just because in one scan or so he traveled physically for what, 10 minutes that he could not have done anything else in the other 10 million years? The sources never say that...

It does not state he only flies though, you made that up. So are you though, your implying all he did was travel for 10 million years FTL, its never said this way. Erm, actually the real universe we live in is unkown, we dont know it has any limit, some say its infnite. I am not debateing, I am discussing, and pointing out why assuming he just went FTL everywhere when he can teleport is dishonest. We dont know for a fact.

I don't get the point you're trying to make here. Demitri has only shown energy absorbtion, in combat, with Midnight Bliss. That is a fact, and that is what I'm sticking to. Anything else is speculation.

I have the comic, and I'm not talking about that one scan. He is shown in space throughout the comic and is never once, seen teleporting in space. He is never once stated to teleport though space, in the comic, or the Graphic File. I am not going to assume he did. There is no reason for it.

The source states he flies through space and the comic shows he flies through space. Heck, the OVA has him flying through space. I am not going to assume anything other than what's shown and stated. And again, you are wrong. The Universe , at this point, is unbounded. But not infinite. At any point in time, the universe is of a finite size. The Big Bang itself proves this theory. You're "pointing out", conflicts with the facts. As I tell you this, you continue to invent new methods to combat the facts. Sounds like a debate to me.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:22 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

From what ive seen he actually drinks blood from midnight bliss from the gameplay. Not "energy", per say.

Seriously, how much time does the comic show? a few scans, here and there, you could be viwing just a few hours of millions of years and you think this is enough to claim he never teleported once?

We know he "can" and "does" fly through space, nothing hints to 10 million years though. Also the big bang does not prove it, because the big bang itself is a theory and on top of it, space is included as part of the universe, so even if theres nothing in it, its still the universe even if we dont know its there. I am suggesting that assuming one thing or another is not a fact, thats not debating really, thats suggestion. You reply by saying that X is a fact, but that does not mean X remains forevor. Infact, this is hasty generalisation.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:27 AM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

More scans.
(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:29 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

So in this form of canon, it retcons what the other comic said. Pyron in this one did not actually travel the universe for 10 million years, but 200 million, howeverin this one, he finds the earth at the end of his journey, the plops down into the water and waits? rather than going away and letting a phobos tell him that spiecies have evolved.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:32 AM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

From what ive seen he actually drinks blood from midnight bliss from the gameplay. Not "energy", per say.

Seriously, how much time does the comic show? a few scans, here and there, you could be viwing just a few hours of millions of years and you think this is enough to claim he never teleported once?

We know he "can" and "does" fly through space, nothing hints to 10 million years though. Also the big bang does not prove it, because the big bang itself is a theory and on top of it, space is included as part of the universe, so even if theres nothing in it, its still the universe even if we dont know its there. I am suggesting that assuming one thing or another is not a fact, thats not debating really, thats suggestion. You reply by saying that X is a fact, but that does not mean X remains forevor. Infact, this is hasty generalisation.

His Midnight Bliss does draw blood, but shrivels you up and sets you on fire, not to mention he uses it on Pyron at the end of the comic and destroys him. Pyron does not have blood.

No, the scans first show him at Earth 65 million years ago. Then they state he left the Earth to go explore the edges of the universe. Phobos then tells Pyron that the DS are on Earth. He then turns into a ball and speeds back to Earth in 3 years.

It does not need to. And in respect to the infinite universe, topic. I'm not going to argue with you. From what you've stated, I'd have to give you an entire lesson in physics and it's derivatives to get you up to speed. And I'm too lazy for that. What you are doing is inventing things, not stated in the facts, to have the facts make sense to you. You can not do that. You are wrong.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:52 AM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

So in this form of canon, it retcons what the other comic said. Pyron in this one did not actually travel the universe for 10 million years, but 200 million, howeverin this one, he finds the earth at the end of his journey, the plops down into the water and waits? rather than going away and letting a phobos tell him that spiecies have evolved.

No. You have to realize that time as passed before each paragraph in the description. Pyron spent 200 million years wandering in space before he found Earth. He then left off, but not before creating Phobos. Phobos then tells Pyron that the Earth is ready. Pyron returns, crash landing on Earth, killing Rikuo's people. Rikuo is a present day Darkstalker, he wasn't around when Pyron first saw Earth.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:58 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

No ime pointing out possiblities, not claiming a certainty, if i did that I would be making a hasty generalisation fallacy like you.

However, ill drop this discussion, what do you think of these new scans? Why does Pyron go from discovering earth adn its life forms to going straight into the water? wheres the phobos this time?

It does not say anything in that source about phobos or him traveling for 10 million years, it seems thats been cut out and he is just hiding in the water for X duration.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:59 AM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

No ime pointing out possiblities, not claiming a certainty, if i did that I would be making a hasty generalisation fallacy like you.

However, ill drop this discussion, what do you think of these new scans? Why does Pyron go from discovering earth adn its life forms to going straight into the water? wheres the phobos this time?

It does not say anything in that source about phobos or him traveling for 10 million years, it seems thats been cut out and he is just hiding in the water for X duration.

Oh, pointing out possibilities is fine. Long as they are not brought up as facts, strengths, and/or hindrances in debates.

I have the the Graphic File, myself. I just don't feel like scanning. The scans he posted are just some what is stated. Why he did this, I don't know.

Where is this 10 million years coming from? And Pyron's profile does not speak of Phobos or any other character related to him, period. It's all about Pyron.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:21 AM
No End N Site

Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
No. You have to realize that time as passed before each paragraph in the description. Pyron spent 200 million years wandering in space before he found Earth. He then left off, but not before creating Phobos. Phobos then tells Pyron that the Earth is ready. Pyron returns, crash landing on Earth, killing Rikuo's people. Rikuo is a present day Darkstalker, he wasn't around when Pyron first saw Earth.

Is BT now tryin to dispute what I posted, for some reason? I wouldn't know since I've had'im on ignore, for like, years now. I only posted some of Pyron's profile because you asked me too. Many things happened in between his character description. You're told this through the descriptions and profiles of other characters. I did not post the entire story, nor all the info. If you want that, support DS and buy the damn book!

-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:21 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pyrons never in debates anymore, nor is he likely to be.

Well the scans are confusing for someone who does not have the book, I have the comic saying he created robots who sent him messages while he was traveling around for 10 millions years while the earths inhabitants evolved.

Then I have this that states he simply created pulses that detected the living creatures and he then settles down in the "depths" of the water, it doesnt mension anything abut this other race he apprently destroys which ive heard of. Its almost like bits have been lost, retconned or simply not mentioned.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:27 AM
No End N Site

Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
Oh, pointing out possibilities is fine. Long as they are not brought up as facts, strengths, and/or hindrances in debates.

I have the the Graphic File, myself. I just don't feel like scanning. The scans he posted are just some what is stated. Why he did this, I don't know.

Where is this 10 million years coming from? And Pyron's profile does not speak of Phobos or any other character related to him, period. It's all about Pyron.

Actually all the characters profiles fail to mention each other. Even if they are closely related. The Encyclopedia section is where the actually reveal how certain characters are involved with each other. keep in mind that the GF is only 1 source book. The faq at gamefaqs uses'em all.

And I posted what I needed to. You told me to post the scans proving Pyron was invisible, I did. be glad you got that.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:27 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Since when was gamefaqs a canon source for a games lore? Cant anyone post bits and piecies there? This sourcebook makes me wonder sometimes.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:28 AM