KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Jill Valentine

Jill Valentine
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep.

And thanks.
Not surprised for some reason that the best, most competent players I've played with on there are from Japan. lol Not even the occasional lag stops me from doing well with the right people.

To pertain more to this topic/respect thread, I like using the Head Grab move as Jill (either version) where you just shoot a majini in the leg a couple times, run behind it, and press the X button. That's gotta be her best melee besides the Cartwheel Kick (likewise, Wesker's best kill combo is where you shoot a majini in the head once, and finish it off instantly with Cobra Strike).
You get the most points by killing zombies constantly that way.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Aug 5th, 2009 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 09:22 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Kind of, yeah, but not that much. I'm aware of their flaws, but they still kept me entertained to some extent. stick out tongue Of course, I can see why others don't like them. What I don't see is how Romero's script could have possibly been better What the f**k?, though I guess that's just a matter of opinion. That script to me would have been even more outrageous than what we actually got. A lot more.

i guess we disagree, then.

having alice at all destroyed the movies for me, and ruined the point of them.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 07:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's all right. Out of curiousity though, what is it you hate about her so much? I'm not crazy about Alice or anything, but I don't find her that bad either.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 07:14 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's all right. Out of curiousity though, what is it you hate about her so much? I'm not crazy about Alice or anything, but I don't find her that bad either.

i think having a character like her basically ruins the premise of resident evil. for me, the point of the games (at least the first three) was: ok, we're stuck in this shithole, let's figure out what's going on and get out of here in one piece. we've got f*ck all ammo, and the odds are against us, but we can do it.

in the movies, it's like: hey, let the bionic woman do all the work.

nemesis was scary in re3 (same goes for the t90) because you couldn't fight them without wasting serious ammo. the entire game was basically you trying to get out of there in one piece and have enough ammo to do it with, while running from this big scary dude. with alice, it becomes a bit redundant...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 7th, 2009 05:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Just what the heck is a Jill sandwich? I keep hearing this a lot but I don't get it. Is it like a sandwich made from Jill or what?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 07:17 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Just what the heck is a Jill sandwich? I keep hearing this a lot but I don't get it. Is it like a sandwich made from Jill or what?

It's a line that Barry says in the original Resident Evil (damn that bad voice acting). If you play as Jill and obtain the Shotgun first instead of finding Forest's corpse, you'll trigger the ceiling trap. Barry will save you from being squashed like a cockroach.

"You were almost a Jill Sandwich," Barry quips.

In an interesting side note, inside the mall in Dead Rising, there is a store called Jill's Sandwiches, an obvious reference to Resident Evil.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 07:39 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by -Pr-
i think having a character like her basically ruins the premise of resident evil. for me, the point of the games (at least the first three) was: ok, we're stuck in this shithole, let's figure out what's going on and get out of here in one piece. we've got f*ck all ammo, and the odds are against us, but we can do it.

in the movies, it's like: hey, let the bionic woman do all the work.

nemesis was scary in re3 (same goes for the t90) because you couldn't fight them without wasting serious ammo. the entire game was basically you trying to get out of there in one piece and have enough ammo to do it with, while running from this big scary dude. with alice, it becomes a bit redundant...

Ah, fair enough. Now I see where you're coming from.

Yeah, it certain does when you put it that way..

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
In an interesting side note, inside the mall in Dead Rising, there is a store called Jill's Sandwiches, an obvious reference to Resident Evil.

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 07:42 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Interesting although guest appearences would've been better but still that's good and hilarious.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 08:15 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

And upon closer inspection a description of the resturant owner "Jill" reveals that "Jill is a master of Sandwich making" which also pokes fun at more of Barry's awful dialouge.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 10:28 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm hungry. I Think I'll get a Jill sandwich.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 10:36 PM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
And upon closer inspection a description of the resturant owner "Jill" reveals that "Jill is a master of Sandwich making" which also pokes fun at more of Barry's awful dialouge.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that too. Then again, damn near all of the dialogue in the first RE blew. RE2 and 3 was a big improvement.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 11:22 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ah, fair enough. Now I see where you're coming from.

Yeah, it certain does when you put it that way..

big grin

on topic, i do like jill, though. probably because i love RE3 to bits.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 05:40 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXONAmS_Syo

Jill comes across one of the most weirdest glitches ever.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 08:26 AM
StyleTime

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 07:20 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 03:31 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by StyleTime
(please log in to view the image)

That is fantastic, what an image.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 10:44 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
However in MvsC2 she won't shut up about saying "I'm a member of STARS" a trait that annoys me to know ends.

After playing more of this, I agree with you now. Got that damn line stuck in my head.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 12:25 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

After playing more of this, I agree with you now. Got that damn line stuck in my head.

It's like every, single, constant, second.........I get it Jill you worked in STARS good for you, do you want a cookie for being a good girl...Christ!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 12:32 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yes! She's a member of S.T.A.R.S. after all. sad

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 12:50 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Watch Jill is in MvC3, her new line will be "I came, I saw, I kicked Chris Redfield's ass!". Hey that's better than the horrific "I'm a member of STARS".

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 01:18 AM