KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor, The Sub-Mariner vs Wolverine

Does Wolverine have sushi or does Namor get a new rug for his palace.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Namor, The Sub-Mariner 219 77.39%
Wolverine 64 22.61%
Total: 283 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Namor, The Sub-Mariner vs Wolverine
Started by: Zahit

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (163): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WOLVERINEFAN
no. im saying that namor is not extremely powerful. its nothing wolverine cant handle. he's handles much harder things than some mermaid in a speedo

Mermaid in speedo?

You mean "First superpowered character of Marvel Comics ever created who has knocked out Hulk with one punch, something that Wolverine can't even dream of doing?"

Yeah, that is what you meant.

Wolverine is dogshit compared to Namor.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:57 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WOLVERINEFAN

Originally posted by Zahit
we know son, we know.....

shut up! im not crazy just because i think wolverine might win here. all he needs is one swipe and its over

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:58 PM
WOLVERINEFAN is currently offline Click here to Send WOLVERINEFAN a Private Message Find more posts by WOLVERINEFAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

And Namor needs only one punch and it is over.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 09:01 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WOLVERINEFAN

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Mermaid in speedo?

You mean "First superpowered character of Marvel Comics ever created who has knocked out Hulk with one punch, something that Wolverine can't even dream of doing?"

Yeah, that is what you meant.

Wolverine is dogshit compared to Namor.

we all know that the writing sux. one punch from a 40-80 ton lifter would not KO the hulk. not with his healing factor.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 09:02 PM
WOLVERINEFAN is currently offline Click here to Send WOLVERINEFAN a Private Message Find more posts by WOLVERINEFAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

You mean Class 100 character? Especially when in water? And Wolverine has fought Hulk and did well. That is not bad writing to you?

Did you read the entire thread? You probably didn't, as you are an ignorant fanboy who only reads the thread title.

Let me post the feats of Namor again.

quote:
#118. Namor soundly defeated the Hulk, by knockout, in a huge underwater collision. Hulk was knocked from Atlantis all the way to the mainland shore where he laid unconscious and then reverted back to Banner. Namor was rocked but never lost consciousness. Off the top of my head these are some of Namor's best feats. In no particular order they are:

1)Namor carried a 50 ton anchor, with one arm while flying in the air.

2)Namor lifted a huge portion of an undersea mountain that Orka's whales dropped on him.

3)Lifted an oil tanker that weighed in excess of 110,000 tons.

4)Lifted a sub-marine from the bottom of the sea and placed it safely on shore.

5)Lifted a 2,000 ton destroyer and slammed it into Attuma.

6)Namor can absorb millions of volts of electricity and use it as a weapon by throwing it at his opponents.

6)Namor can see and find invisible objects because he posseses the powers of the blind cave fish that has a radar sense.

7)Survived unharmed, in a fall from space after battling the Stalkers.

8)Namor took a direct head shot from Thor's hammer which only made him madder.

9)Was only minorly stunned when Krang's fision bomb exploded while Namor was holding it. This is equivalent to a small nuke.

10)Namor drilled through miles of sea rock by spinning his body at tremendous speed.

11)Namor has created great tidal waves. In one TTA #100 he wiped out an entire island and the Hulk along with it.

12) While being held by Magneto's power Namor slammed his fists so hard to the ground that the earth quaked for hundred's of miles.

13) Namor, as are all Atlanteas, is totally impervious to the affects of radiation.

These are just a few that come to mind. There are many more. Remember, Namor only uses his natural birthed hybrid strength. He needs no cosmic or gamma rays, no armor, no weapons or hammers. It's just his Atlantean-human blood, muscle, and bone!

Doesn't look like Class 80 to me.

Idiot.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 09:06 PM
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

we all know that the writing sux. one punch from a 40-80 ton lifter would not KO the hulk. not with his healing factor.

Namor can lift 100 tons (according to new Marvel stats)
and the fight was underwater.
Namor's beaten Hulk by outsmarting him into
the water on more than one occasion.
How many characters can claim ANY type of victory over Hulk?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 09:11 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

very very few.

It was claimed by spidey that you wear down him physically and emotionally and the gamma effect reverses, he proved it after beating a gamma character much like the hulk, then confessed he was capable of doing it to the hulk after a long, tactical match, in which he wears him down, not really trying to kill him outright.

namor wins

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 10:28 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Yes, well, pardon me if I don't believe that your research is correct. How did it show that Wolverine has mastered every fighting style?

And how will Wolverine defeat Namor? Please, tell me. I still need my dose of insane rambling today. It always makes me laugh.

Namor has knocked out Hulk with one punch. What would happen to Wolverine?

And Tony Stark, Namor is currently Class 100. Here are some of his feats:

confused

I would like to see anything that Marvel itself has put out that states that Namor is Class 100 now. Because I've never seen it. cool

Attachment: thngsuby.gif
This has been downloaded 216 time(s).

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:02 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

okay well first off...wolvie held his own and even eventually beat tiger shark (a namor villain of sorts) in the water.....but I'll admit he got extremeley lucky in how he was able to secure a victory....

for the purposes of this fight I assumed that the fight would take place outside of the water....in the water this match shouldn't even be debateable...namor gains an even bigger strength and speed advantage than he has on land, (in water for every 3 to 4 hits namor lands wolverine might as well be in still frame).....

due to that fact that wolverine's basically screwed in a water fight with sub-mariner i would have to assume this fight takes place outside of the water as that's really the only way this stays interesting.... outside of the water I think wolverine wins.. sure namor is capible of flight his speed is slightly superior and he has a huge strength advantage...but as wolverinefan said...it's nothing wolviering hasn't delt with before...

Namor has a slight speed advantage due to his physiology...but while wolverine can afford to take punshment up close in h2h and keep comin....namor would (and has for that matter) get downed with only one or two hits from logan..... flights okay but it's more of a defensive ability....offensively it won't do anything unless he gets in close, and again wolverine should easily be able to deal with him up close....the thing is, namor's a good fighter....but he's no wolverine...wolverine's better plain and simple....namor's speed and flight are great attributes but will only hold up for so long against a guy who doesn't need to be as cautious. Saying namor is going to KO logan in one hit is absurd....logan the guy who had a fist fight with a class 40-70 character and knocked him out...went toe to toe with warpath in a fistfight and was winning...hell, Hulk can't even one punch logan....and he's tried....and tried. Logan's durability is always sold short around here because people don't like him....he ain't getting KOed by namor in 5 shots much less 1.....

that said, wolverine can make a few mistakes and he'll probably be okay...all he has to so is stall for a minute or two and heal up and he will be okay for sure....namor however....he can't afford to make mistakes considering that he's a melee fighter and that wolverine's better at h2h it's more likely that namor will get gutted like a fish (....lol) than KOing logan first.

Now...if namor were to play it smart and whack wolverine with metal poles and drop chuncks of street on wolverine's head...than yeah namor would eventually win without even getting his hands dirty...but I was assuming this fight was more relative to what the fighters can do to eachother using the attributes they've been given...not a weapon that they may or may not be able to make use of....if that's the case give wolvie his weapon x gear....

mano y mano however....wolverine will win this...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 07:58 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Oh boys please are you serious? Wolvi goes down in or out water.
Before i came to the board i liked wolverine but now with all this fanboy talk i am starting to hate him. It is ridiculious how some guys think that he can beat almost everyone. I am just waiting that somebody says that he can beat Champion, GL or even Iron-Man

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:49 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

You telling me?

Check out the spidey vs. firelord thread for a complete list of fanboy wolverine powers lol.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 02:24 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

The Invaders series did put Namor in a bad light, but that was because of editorial decisions. Marvel wants to play up Namor, and Jacobsen didn't want the character to become too enamored in the plot, as such our beloved sea King lost some luster.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:12 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WOLVERINEFAN

You mean Class 100 character? Especially when in water? And Wolverine has fought Hulk and did well. That is not bad writing to you?

Did you read the entire thread? You probably didn't, as you are an ignorant fanboy who only reads the thread title.

Let me post the feats of Namor again.

Doesn't look like Class 80 to me.

Idiot.

shut the hell up! strength does not matter in this!

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 320 lbs.
Eyes: Blue-gray
Hair: Black

Known superhuman powers: Namor can lift about 85 tons at peak capacity, although his strength degrades the longer he is out of water, to a minimum of 40 tons. He is an amphibian, and breathes water and air with equal facility. Namor also can fly for several hours at peak speeds of 60 mph before tiring. In addition, he possesses limited invulnerability.

at peak capacity he can lift 85 tons. who's the idiot now? it is bad writing! one punch from namor would not KO the hulk. he is far more durable and has a healing factor. one of the only people that gives him a hard time is wolverine, who, infact, nearly killed the hulk when he was the horseman known as "death". read it sometime. if he can do that to the hulk, think of what he can do to namor

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:21 PM
WOLVERINEFAN

if they fought on land, namor will only have 40 ton power at the maximum. this is even less than colossus, which wolverine handles in the danger room all the time. im sensing that namor is going to retire after this fight is done

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:25 PM
WOLVERINEFAN

shut the hell up! strength does not matter in this!

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 320 lbs.
Eyes: Blue-gray
Hair: Black

Known superhuman powers: Namor can lift about 85 tons at peak capacity, although his strength degrades the longer he is out of water, to a minimum of 40 tons. He is an amphibian, and breathes water and air with equal facility. Namor also can fly for several hours at peak speeds of 60 mph before tiring. In addition, he possesses limited invulnerability.

at peak capacity he can lift 85 tons. who's the idiot now? it is bad writing! one punch from namor would not KO the hulk. he is far more durable and has a healing factor. one of the only people that gives him a hard time is wolverine, who, infact, nearly killed the hulk when he was the horseman known as "death". read it sometime. if he can do that to the hulk, think of what he can do to namor

i got this info from marvel. u know them dont u? they are the people that actually created the characters

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:26 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

I would like to see anything that Marvel itself has put out that states that Namor is Class 100 now. Because I've never seen it. cool

Ask and you shall receive:

http://img242.echo.cx/img242/7753/o...streetsamur.jpg

Now when we all know that Namor is Class 100...

quote:

okay well first off...wolvie held his own and even eventually beat tiger shark (a namor villain of sorts) in the water.....but I'll admit he got extremeley lucky in how he was able to secure a victory....

for the purposes of this fight I assumed that the fight would take place outside of the water....in the water this match shouldn't even be debateable...namor gains an even bigger strength and speed advantage than he has on land, (in water for every 3 to 4 hits namor lands wolverine might as well be in still frame).....

due to that fact that wolverine's basically screwed in a water fight with sub-mariner i would have to assume this fight takes place outside of the water as that's really the only way this stays interesting.... outside of the water I think wolverine wins.. sure namor is capible of flight his speed is slightly superior and he has a huge strength advantage...but as wolverinefan said...it's nothing wolviering hasn't delt with before...

Namor has a slight speed advantage due to his physiology...but while wolverine can afford to take punshment up close in h2h and keep comin....namor would (and has for that matter) get downed with only one or two hits from logan..... flights okay but it's more of a defensive ability....offensively it won't do anything unless he gets in close, and again wolverine should easily be able to deal with him up close....the thing is, namor's a good fighter....but he's no wolverine...wolverine's better plain and simple....namor's speed and flight are great attributes but will only hold up for so long against a guy who doesn't need to be as cautious. Saying namor is going to KO logan in one hit is absurd....logan the guy who had a fist fight with a class 40-70 character and knocked him out...went toe to toe with warpath in a fistfight and was winning...hell, Hulk can't even one punch logan....and he's tried....and tried. Logan's durability is always sold short around here because people don't like him....he ain't getting KOed by namor in 5 shots much less 1.....

that said, wolverine can make a few mistakes and he'll probably be okay...all he has to so is stall for a minute or two and heal up and he will be okay for sure....namor however....he can't afford to make mistakes considering that he's a melee fighter and that wolverine's better at h2h it's more likely that namor will get gutted like a fish (....lol) than KOing logan first.

Now...if namor were to play it smart and whack wolverine with metal poles and drop chuncks of street on wolverine's head...than yeah namor would eventually win without even getting his hands dirty...but I was assuming this fight was more relative to what the fighters can do to eachother using the attributes they've been given...not a weapon that they may or may not be able to make use of....if that's the case give wolvie his weapon x gear....

mano y mano however....wolverine will win this...

I just can believe that Wolverine can take punches from class 100 characters without even flinching. He weighs 300 lbs, a punch should send him flying like an piece of paper. Even if he wouldn't go flying, the damage done to his brain should at least slow him down a bit. Namor can punch him very fast, he could do massive damage to him before he would go down. And Namor has taken shots from Hulk, Thor the original X-Men, and the entire rosters of Avengers and they had made him only angrier. That crossover was crap on many things.

Namor would not have cared much about the first slash that Wolverine made. Neither he would have been so stupid that he would just have stand in one place and let Wolverine slash him. And in their earlier fights, Wolverine's claws didn't do much damage to Namor. And Namor used the metal pole in his advantage in that fight in Enemy of the State. Wolverine was nearly knocked out by that hit. And Namor punched Wolverine many times in his skeleton and didn't seem to be bothered much about it. That fight was crap in other things too...Namor hit Wolverine and he wasn't even hurt much. Then USAgent comes and knocks him down? Not very believable. Then they just...ran away from Wolverine. And Wolverine was seemingly untouchable by the flames that surrounded him.

Namor is experienced fighter. He is over 85 years old. He has fought all the major heroes of Marvel and won many of the fights. He is faster and stronger then Wolverine. If they both are written realistically, Namor could take Wolverine out easily.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:28 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

i got this info from marvel. u know them dont u? they are the people that actually created the characters

And you do know that the info you have is outdated? You know, that Marvel sometimes publishes new handbooks? You know, cause the characters grow in strenght?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:30 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

if they fought on land, namor will only have 40 ton power at the maximum. this is even less than colossus, which wolverine handles in the danger room all the time. im sensing that namor is going to retire after this fight is done

In this fight Namor is probably coming right from water. That means that his strenght is still 100. His strenght just doesn't automatically go to 40 when he goes in land.

You really should read other comics then X-Men for a while... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:31 PM
WOLVERINEFAN

Originally posted by Arahan
Oh boys please are you serious? Wolvi goes down in or out water.
Before i came to the board i liked wolverine but now with all this fanboy talk i am starting to hate him. It is ridiculious how some guys think that he can beat almost everyone. I am just waiting that somebody says that he can beat Champion, GL or even Iron-Man

im not stupid. do u want me to make a list? ok here is all the people that can beat wolverine:

professor x
jean grey
silver surfer
green lantern
superman
thanos
galactus
thor
apocalypse
magneto
sentry
mr. fantastic
invisible woman
any cosmic
any telepath
wonderwoman
flash
doomsday
impierex
martian manhunter...........................and im sure there is more (notice that namor is not on the list)

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:33 PM
WOLVERINEFAN

In this fight Namor is probably coming right from water. That means that his strenght is still 100. His strenght just doesn't automatically go to 40 when he goes in land.

You really should read other comics then X-Men for a while... roll eyes (sarcastic)

i dont read x men comics and i have read namor comics mad you stupid #$%&*@

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:36 PM