KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S02E05 - Fight or Flight

S02E05 - Fight or Flight
Started by: Tattoo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, btw. If you look at the list, there are international heroes. One from Germany, one from Kenya, etc.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 03:55 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J
EDIT: ok I just saw the second video... and yes; Monica learns just by watching, not just watching TV, but actually watching it in any way or form possible

So then it is like the Sharingan.

HA! Just watched it myself. The Blaxican is right! It is the Sharingan!

And Parkman's dad can cast gengjutsu.

yes.. I am comparing everything to Naruto

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Oct 23rd, 2007 at 04:50 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 04:36 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Good episode!!

im sure there will be spoilers from here on out... so im not gunna use tags

so is jessica really back like i guessed? or is this just a coverup that nikki is planning? thoughts?

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 05:03 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Good episode!!

im sure there will be spoilers from here on out... so im not gunna use tags

so is jessica really back like i guessed? or is this just a coverup that nikki is planning? thoughts?

Me thinks Jessica was gone, but The Company is bringing her out again and will brain wash Nikki into being their personal strong arm.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 06:34 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Blax, nothing against you, but I'm going to eat you next time I see a Naruto comparison. no expression

Parkman's dad is a bastard.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 07:03 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I was so surprised when we found out that Parkman's power is going to evolve. Does this mean other powers will too?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 07:14 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

big grin

And yeah, Matt's dads a real SOB. he has that weaselly look about him, though. You can kinda tell that he's villainous. However he's probably still gonna get killed by the super bad guy.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 07:14 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
big grin

And yeah, Matt's dads a real SOB. he has that weaselly look about him, though. You can kinda tell that he's villainous. However he's probably still gonna get killed by the super bad guy.
Umm what makes you think he's not the super bad?

I mean he's apparently capable of everything thats happened so far!

He could have easily make Kaito experience a person running him off a building and who knows what he could've made Angela see when she got all clawed up.

Maybe the power was even just part of his mental attack of Petrelli spreading to those around her?

And I don't think Matt's power "evolves" as much as you just enhance it with experience, skill and discovery of it's limits. Unless you consider that a from of evolution. Which I do but I didn't think thats what you meant.

What I think is awesome is that now we know what Peter really gained form his encounter with Matt and that he's really got something to counter Sylar's Illusions with now.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 01:13 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I was wondering.. as you guys have been saying, it seems Matt's power is going to, for lack of a better word 'evolve'.. so does this mean that Peter's power which he 'absorbed' from Matt evolve too.

What do you think ?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 02:50 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

If its even true.. i dont see why not.. i mean, its a tough call.. cause if you notice, peters powers are still not brought out to full potential, its like he has to learn every single power one at a time, which is tough... but to others with just 1 power, its easy

And for Sylar, he usually learns quick

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 03:24 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hated the lack of sound effects that went with Kristen Bell's Electric Power.

It lessened the overall reveal of it and the whole effect of it and decreased its incredibility.

It almost had no sound to it. I wanted to hear the crackle and Pop and the like.

I'm also not liking her with that long hair.

Did anybody notice her break from character when she whined very briefly on the phone to her "DADDY" that she wouldn't do it again? (Kill someone)

When I say "break from character", I mean the tough, in control persona she had during the rest of the episode. Could have almost mistaken her for the one in charge.........until that moment.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 04:54 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

But it was her dad...

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 06:54 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um...okay....didn't really say it wasn't.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 07:05 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Tattoo
I was so surprised when we found out that Parkman's power is going to evolve. Does this mean other powers will too?
Is it certain that what he does is "hypertelepathy"?

I'm not convinced.

Of course, I have little recourse but to accept it, since they pretty much explicitly said it.
Originally posted by InnerRise
Did anybody notice her break from character when she whined very briefly on the phone to her "DADDY" that she wouldn't do it again? (Kill someone)

When I say "break from character", I mean the tough, in control persona she had during the rest of the episode. Could have almost mistaken her for the one in charge.........until that moment.
I don't think it was a character break. She wasn't as tough and as in-control as you think she was. It's just a mask, IMO.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 09:58 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Strangelove
Is it certain that what he does is "hypertelepathy"?

I'm not convinced.

Of course, I have little recourse but to accept it, since they pretty much explicitly said it. I don't think it was a character break. She wasn't as tough and as in-control as you think she was. It's just a mask, IMO.
Well full potential Telepathy is quite the power to have and Matt's has just appeared to have a very mild form so his true potential doesn't really seem that far fetched to me anyway.

Thou I kinda wished they'd kept it as was. I liked the heroes with only slightly useful powers in the mix. They need more. Guess its part of what I like about Nathan. I hate his power because its so near useless and yet he's such a powerful character inspite of it. Even thou for some stupid reason thats the power almost everyone seems to want.

I liked how Bell's character acted. She's just a spoiled little brat with power I think!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 10:09 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm disappointed with Parkman's dad. Big time. No, he is not scarier or "worse" than Sylar from what we've seen so far. Sylar is helluva more intimidating and frightening than this guy, who resembles Tom Arnold fifteen years from now.

If he's the super-villain dude (which, based on all accounts, he is), he'd better have some megakickass power. The illusion thing is handy and supercool, but Matt and Nathan overcame it eventually. I think it's obvious that Dad can't fight. So how does he compares to Sylar or Peter?

Kring, you better make this guy formidable, or there will be some major nutkickage on my behalf to you.

/End mini-rant. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since it's his first episode... for now.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 10:55 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Gideon
I'm disappointed with Parkman's dad. Big time. No, he is not scarier or "worse" than Sylar from what we've seen so far. Sylar is helluva more intimidating and frightening than this guy, who resembles Tom Arnold fifteen years from now.

If he's the super-villain dude (which, based on all accounts, he is), he'd better have some megakickass power. The illusion thing is handy and supercool, but Matt and Nathan overcame it eventually. I think it's obvious that Dad can't fight. So how does he compares to Sylar or Peter?

Kring, you better make this guy formidable, or there will be some major nutkickage on my behalf to you.

/End mini-rant. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since it's his first episode... for now.
Well first off consider that it seemed obvious, at least to me, that it was Matt that overcame it. And since its revealed that its what his power may become that makes since. Its saying allot more about the power than if Nathan or another had overcame it alone.

Also this was only his first appearance and he may have several more tricks up his sleeve. Hell I think he probably planed that whole thing to be honest. I mean he knows when Molly finds him so I'm betting he knew they were coming as well. I think this story is quickly developing allot of potential and perhaps even more so than last years. Which if they top will be quite the feat IMO.

I think Matt will prove to be quite the Hero this season. Moving up to the ranks of Peter and Hiro possibly.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 11:43 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Tattoo

I'm not so sure about this "evolution" thing... for what I reckon he could have been lying to Matt just to take him to the other room to trap him...

but.. there's no denying the brain it's a powerful thing... he could be the next Charles Xavier....big grin

I like Matt's dad... he played them from the get go, I love the kind of Villain that looks like a helpless guy... they're so unexpected...
when Sylar wants to be a badass, he is, but I love him more when he plays the Innocent guy... he was great when he fool Mohinder as Zane...
and now comes this chubby guy that looks like Santa big grin

Originally posted by Strangelove
.... I don't think it was a character break. She wasn't as tough and as in-control as you think she was. It's just a mask, IMO.

I love Elle, she comes off as a spoiled little brat.... I think it suits her character, someone who uses her power to her advantage, she clearly doesnt have that much of a moral standard, she's been thaught to use her ability without any limitations... she was raised afterall within the Company

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
So then it is like the Sharingan.

HA! Just watched it myself. The Blaxican is right! It is the Sharingan!

And Parkman's dad can cast gengjutsu.

yes.. I am comparing everything to Naruto

no expression
Originally posted by General Zink
Blax, nothing against you, but I'm going to eat you next time I see a Naruto comparison. no expression

Parkman's dad is a bastard.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 24th, 2007 at 01:37 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 01:23 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Did anyone notice that Matt's power kinda expanded. He projected his thoughts into Nate's head when they were trapped in the illusion. So I think that that supports that theory that Matt's power is going to grow as well.

And I personally think that Ms. Bell did a good job. She had that whole Veronica Mars attitude going on until "Daddy" called.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 02:32 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I had been wondering if Matt's power would ever been reversible; if he could send thoughts instead of just receive them. The fact that he made it happen makes telepathy more valuable, in the eyes of fans, methinks.

I don't think Peter will tap into this too much; he really doesn't know what his powers are. He only just barely sussed that his painting was a prediction, he has trouble activating telekinesis and electromagnetism unless he has an instinctual urgency to do so, he read someone's mind on accident, he doesn't remember becoming a nuclear bomb...unless someone knocks some sense into him about what he can do, I don't think Peter is going to be the powerhouse that everyone expected this season.

Which I'm okay with.

The fact that people keep bringing up that "This power will put Sylar/Peter on par with Peter/Sylar!" is getting a tad old, though. They're currently on separate ends of the world; I kinda hope they don't meet for awhile.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 04:41 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote