KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Dumbledore outed by Rowling (link)

Dumbledore outed by Rowling (link)
Started by: lionlover2053

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidergrl
Living

I found this kindof shocking to be honest.. only because I never.. and I think most the people are the world didn't pick up on it as well.. Ah well.. good on her for doing that, she wasn't looking for any more attension for her books, she was answer a kids question - honestly, not being afraid of the truth - or who he was. Good on the women!

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 05:16 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sam Z
She does. She always makes comments about shippers who want her dead because Hermione ended up with Ron, and not Harry.big grin
Speaking of which, it was kinda clear to me that it's gonna be Hermine/Ron and Harry/Jenny since I read book 2...
Jenny?

W:5|L:2|T:0|

Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 05:37 AM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jdea

quote: (post)
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Goodness!

She was at a question and answer session as a part of her open book tour of the US - Someone asked a question about Dumbledore's true love.... and then she said that he was gay. She's built up the character with that quality - he's been gay throughout all seven books. It's just she didn't come out and say "Professor Dumbledore is gay" in the books, and someone's asking about it, and so now she's revealing it.

In another interview she told what Dudley heard when he was attacked by the dementors - something that wasn't told in the books. Does that mean she was just looking for publicity there, too?

JK knew the series would end after the seventh book, so maybe earlier it popped into her head, and she decided to withhold that information until the end of the series as she/her publicist might have been worried of such news being spread halfway through the series

It's a smart move, as I can guarantee that if she had stated this earlier, there would have been major issues, and possibly a slump in sales as many parents already didn't want their kids reading about witchraft, and now the wizard is gay
Not to seem ignorant, but earlier (as you all know) being gay was much more taboo than it is today

I love this stuff!!!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 01:15 PM
jdea is currently offline Click here to Send jdea a Private Message Find more posts by jdea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote