KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Wally West Respect Thread

The Wally West Respect Thread
Started by: Rorschach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I know this scan isn't of Wally per se, but it is proof that the Flashs' can act/react by the attosecond (one quintillionth of a second):

(please log in to view the image)

"To put this in perspective, one attosecond is to one second what one second is to the age of the universe."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attosecond

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 7th, 2009 at 02:59 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2009 02:56 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Wally can calculate/react by the septo[zepto]-second:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_E-21_s

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 08:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MZtheONE

These are impressive feats and out of curiosity, what is the fastest that the Flash has ever run? I heard wild numbers anywhere from 500x speed of light to 980 trillion times the speed of light lol. Of course, scans or a reference to the actual comic would be nice.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 06:24 AM
MZtheONE is currently offline Click here to Send MZtheONE a Private Message Find more posts by MZtheONE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MZtheONE
These are impressive feats and out of curiosity, what is the fastest that the Flash has ever run? I heard wild numbers anywhere from 500x speed of light to 980 trillion times the speed of light lol. Of course, scans or a reference to the actual comic would be nice.

It's really hard to say, because he has also traveled through time, and that kind of tends to throw a monkey wrench in trying to calculate speed

For example, how fast are you going if you run 10 miles and arrive 10 seconds before you left?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 04:05 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

I did not have enough time to see all the feats, but this feat I'm
posting It seems is a retcon feat (not that He need a retcon to do what He is doing in the scan) but nice to show how useless are some supeheroes compared to others big grin

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2010 03:15 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demas

Great thread, Rorschach.

I was wonder if anyone could help me find these three feats which I think are all from JLA, but not necessarily the main title (could be separate mini series, etc):

1. The JLA are dragging or moving the Earth... it is wrapped by chains or perhaps WW's lasso. Wally's job is to speed steal THE EARTH so that the stress of the move doesn't break the planet apart.

2. The JLA are alerted to a falling spaceship the size of a city. Flash gets out in front of it and "catches" it by speed stealing it's incoming velocity. In either this feat or the one above he thinks to himself something like, "I'm used to speed stealing bullets... this... is.. just... ONE BIG BULLET!" EDIT: FOUND!... JLA Haven
(please log in to view the image)Note he doesn't succeed but he has the reasonable belief that he can and almost did it.

3. This might be Impulse and not Wally, but a tsunami has a giant wave coming in to decimate a city... the speedster quickly runs along the base of the giant wave stealing speed until all the energy of the wave is gone and the city is saved.

It has been a looooong time since I've read those feats but I know they exist... can any Flash fans help ferret out in what issues they are?

Last edited by Demas on Sep 26th, 2010 at 09:52 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 09:38 PM
Demas is currently offline Click here to Send Demas a Private Message Find more posts by Demas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demas

From ComicVine, Flash is faster than Superman in Superman's own book...
----
Superman vol 2 #191 where Superman gets super-speed training from Wally but is blown away repeatedly in terms of speed.
In a race in the desert, Flash is so fast he goes to the city to get them a case of bottled water, runs back to the finish line, and draws his logo in the dirt before Superman can catch up.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 11:53 PM
Demas is currently offline Click here to Send Demas a Private Message Find more posts by Demas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demas

JLA #75 Obsidian Age...

Wally speed stealing the whole damn planet!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2010 04:24 AM
Demas

Studying, analyzing, planning, and responding...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 05:02 PM
Demas

In James Robinson's JLA starring Jesse Quick as the team's speedster, Wally's Korean rescue was referenced. So it is not an obscure one-time feat to be forgotten, it's been canonized into JLA lore.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:18 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Say isn't Barry the current Flash? What has he been up to?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 03:16 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

May have been covered here, may not have been.
The New Milennium's JLA writers were masters at portraying high level power, yet pairing challenges equal to hero prowess.

One of the most referenced but least shown showings of WestStreak, the near infinite mass punch ...

(Image 1 of 5)

Attachment: 10 touchdown of zum.jpg
This has been downloaded 184 time(s).

Old Post Jul 11th, 2012 07:09 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

RelativisticMassPunch

Image 2 of 5.

Attachment: 20 flash stumble and re evaluation.jpg
This has been downloaded 163 time(s).

Old Post Jul 11th, 2012 07:11 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Speed Force Punch.

Image 3 of 5.

Attachment: 30 relativistic effects.jpg
This has been downloaded 163 time(s).

Old Post Jul 11th, 2012 07:11 AM
bluewaterrider

Relativistic Mass Punch. WallyFlashIMP.

Image 4 of 5.

Attachment: 40 zumcontact.jpg
This has been downloaded 172 time(s).

Old Post Jul 11th, 2012 07:14 AM
bluewaterrider

I.M.P. the finishing touch.

Note that the shopowner's pot has NOT YET HAD A CHANCE TO FALL TO THE GROUND after all this action!

Trade: JLA. New World Order
Source: JLA #3, Volume 1
Writer: Grant Morrison
Penciller: Howard Porter
Date: March 1997
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/JLA_Vol_1_3

Attachment: 50 pot has still not dropped by fights end.jpg
This has been downloaded 165 time(s).

Old Post Jul 11th, 2012 07:24 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Wally runs from Source wall (end of the universe) with a hundred aliens to the watchtower while a space ship exploded around him by creating a portal. He turned himself to pure speed while doing it and nearly killed himself.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2013 07:04 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MZtheONE

The fastest was instantaneous travel. There was however a LOT of context and plot behind it. The existence of Earth was at threat as well as that of another race. He was racing celestial type characters who could transport through dimension. He had to beat these teleporters to earth to save it's existence. he'd done a deal with another speedster from a different dimension who had lost a race to him and both Earth and their world relied on his winnig to survive. That speedsters powers were fed by the race of his people. he in turn was fed by them ( adding that speedsters speed to his own) he also speed stole from all the fastest beings of Earth ( like Superman etc) to accomplish the feat and beat instantaneous teleporters across the universe. IMO it's a one time deal with a LOT of plot to back it up. I'll try and find the scans.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2013 07:35 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evanthehammer

can someone maybe re-post the attosecond scan from the top of this page? it's broken sad

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 10:36 PM
Evanthehammer is currently offline Click here to Send Evanthehammer a Private Message Find more posts by Evanthehammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 11:25 PM