KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Can someone explain how Superman's powers physically work?

Can someone explain how Superman's powers physically work?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Can someone explain how Superman's powers physically work?

Logically speaking,in the comics universe, how do his powers biologically work? I'd really like to know.

Here's a list of his basic powers..

- super speed

- super hearing

- super strength

- freezing breath

- invulnerability

- heat vision

- flight.

- Stamina where he could survive without food, practically.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 04:24 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I know profound concentration and sheer Kryptonian will have alot to do with it too.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 04:25 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

There is no realistic, logical explanation.

People can/may try to make something plausible up, but the only explanation that's ever really been given is that Superman is pseudo-photosynthetic.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 04:50 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Can someone explain how Superman's powers physically work?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Logically speaking,in the comics universe, how do his powers biologically work? I'd really like to know.

- super speed

- super hearing

- super strength

- freezing breath

- invulnerability

- heat vision

- flight.

It's called "Science Fiction and Fantasy".

That's how they work.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 05:19 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Its called Superman needs no damn explanation he is the Superman *****.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 01:04 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

There are books out there that discuss Superman's powers from a real world scientific perspective. I think there's a book out called The Science of Superman , that has scientific explanations on Supes. Superman's powers have been elaborated more than any other super hero.

From what I've heard his strength is related to 2 physical aspects:-

High sub atomic density - that makes him "harder" and stronger than any human.

And secondly, his capacity for some kind of photosynthesis, and energy absorption. Charging his cells and allowing him to achieve greater feats of strength and durability.

His durability - is related to his cells ability to manipulate the stored energy within his body to generate a bio electric field. Coupled with his harder body, resulting from his high sub atomic density.

His flight - is related to his ability to manipulate gravitons (hypothetical particles related to gravity in physics). He posseses some degree of psionic power and therefore can manipulate this particles around him, allowing him the ability of flight.

His freeze breath - is basically his ability to reduce the kinetic energy of particles around him. It's similar to any person blowing out cool breathe except with Supes, he can do it to a much greater degree thanks to his enormous lung capacity etc

His heat vision is basically a form of psionic control of kinetic energy i.e it is a form of TK. Through his eyes, he can project telekinetic power, exciting air particles to form heat energy to whatever degree he wishes.

Supes has a lot TK ability to go along with his strength and durability.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 06:41 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well one theory is that being exposed to yellow sunlight somehow unlocks or catalyzes processes within his cells that allow him to tap vast reserves of energy (possibly extra - dimensional). It was mentioned in a recent comic that red sunlight doesn't actually drain his powers, it just locks them away until he is exposed to yellow sunlight again.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 06:49 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Can someone explain how Superman's powers physically work?

- super speed

- super hearing

- super strength

- freezing breath

- invulnerability

- heat vision

- flight.

Graivty explains his flight, super speed and super strength, everything else cannot even be attempted to be approached because its a comic book.

Personally, i think he has all these powers because its how Jews view their god.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 04:10 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

lol ok?

Are you anit-semetic?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 05:08 PM
SuppMan

Their is a book on the physics of superheroes.. you should read it.. its actually quite interesting.. let me see if i can dig up some info..

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 07:13 PM
SuppMan is currently offline Click here to Send SuppMan a Private Message Find more posts by SuppMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by SuppMan
Their is a book on the physics of superheroes.. you should read it.. its actually quite interesting.. let me see if i can dig up some info..

Sure, thanks.

You know, my friend told me that he saw some cable channel airing a special talking about Supermans powers and how they'd work and why if he'd existed in the real world.

That would've been a cool watch.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 08:01 PM
SuppMan

hmm, why are we even trying to explain superman with physics? Isn't the whole point of comics and superman this alternate fantasy away from reality? if we wanted someone physically possible then we would be fans of athletes or MMA fighters. I watched superman growing up because it made life exciting and fueled my imagination. Nothing more.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 04:19 PM
SuppMan is currently offline Click here to Send SuppMan a Private Message Find more posts by SuppMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by SuppMan
hmm, why are we even trying to explain superman with physics? Isn't the whole point of comics and superman this alternate fantasy away from reality? if we wanted someone physically possible then we would be fans of athletes or MMA fighters. I watched superman growing up because it made life exciting and fueled my imagination. Nothing more.

We're trying to explain because the OP asked

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 03:07 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

lol ok?

Are you anit-semetic?

yeah, because the gravity on kyptone was much more dense than the gravity on Earth. So when he came here. Supposedly it would be similar to humans going to the moon.

Na, i dont hate jews, but you gotta admit. superman does have more powers than God, and God did have alot of influence in the creation of superman

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 03:31 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Sure, thanks.

You know, my friend told me that he saw some cable channel airing a special talking about Supermans powers and how they'd work and why if he'd existed in the real world.

That would've been a cool watch.

I saw that. It was on the discovery or national geographic channel. It was a docu hoping to promote superman returns. You should search the web for it. It is pretty interesting...,Im fairly certain it was called the science of superman

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 03:34 AM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Na, i dont hate jews, but you gotta admit. superman does have more powers than God, and God did have alot of influence in the creation of superman

Na, Superman's not more powerful than God. Can Superman speak the universe into existence and create life. Don't think so, lol. If anything God created Superman. Well, at least he created the makers and/or their thought of Superman.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 03:22 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Superman met God (The Presence) a few times

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 03:25 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Na, Superman's not more powerful than God. Can Superman speak the universe into existence and create life. Don't think so, lol. If anything God created Superman. Well, at least he created the makers and/or their thought of Superman.
Superman ripped open the gates of heaven and threatened God. no expression

His strength works, for one, because Kryptonians have a much more advance musculature, and grew up on a planet with much denser gravity. Also, he can store solar energy into his cells, and uses them to fuel his strength.

Durability, for one his skin, bones, and whatever are harder and denser than humans. He also has a "bio aura" that extends millimeters outwards of his skin, which adds to it.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 07:09 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I know. I heard about the story. Where he broke thru heavens pearly gate while arch angle Michael just let him do it, even though Micheal would've effortlessly ripped Superman a new one.

He approached God and God presented him with the Sword of Heaven which was actually an indestructible thunder bolt.

He battled and destroyed Thor's hammer with it and made the the Norse God cry, literally.

However i don't know about the threatening thing. He may've done it but Superman vS God lmao..God would destroy Supes with half a blink (not even) while not even considering Supes was challenging him...

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 12:55 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, wrong, PC Superman would just use his "Anti-God Vision".

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 12:33 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote