KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Psychics are wrong?

Psychics are wrong?
Started by: Shakyamunison

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
debbiejo
Dreamer

Okay, imagine a circle, square or a triangle.

what am I thinking that you are thinking........

yeah........happy now? laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:01 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by InnerRise
Nevertheless I still believe in her abilities as of now.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story...ed=networkfront

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:05 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Everyone has some sort of gift....why is it so impossible to not think so?

Keep in mind there are "want to be's" and also fakes.........but still, there is much we don't know about.........so there........

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:08 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

what sort of gift do people have?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:16 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

Originally posted by debbiejo
Okay, imagine a circle, square or a triangle.

what am I thinking that you are thinking........

yeah........happy now? laughing out loud

kamasutra big grin

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:18 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

no

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:23 AM
leonheartmm

hrmmm, i know! spongebob !!!! no wait thats not it

hrmmmm, how about kamasutra WITH spongebob !! big grin

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:28 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Spongebob! EURIKA.

Tell ya what, if you can't laugh at that, then you are a left brained person....No hope, no hope........thank god for laughter............. yes

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 06:13 AM
tsilamini

humor is processed in both the left and the right brain. Should there be a defect in either hemisphere, a person will not understand humor.

The way you interpret left and right brain is 100% incorrect. Namely, "logical" processing (which actually doesn't exist as a thing like even my designation assumes) is at the front of the brain, whereas emotional is at the back, both require activation in both hemispheres to function, and logic is dependent on emotion (people with injuries to their emotional centers [the limbic system, emotional center is a stupid term] make very logically poor choices, even though their pre frontal cortex is fine).

EDIT: The limbic system isn't at "the back", as the very rear of the brain is the Visual cortex. It is toward the rear, somewhat in the middle.

Last edited by tsilamini on Nov 30th, 2007 at 02:10 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 01:57 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some funny stuff.

My favorite parts:

"Will you tell me exactly the time and place my father died?" the next woman asks.

"Ten years ago in Iowa," Sylvia says.

"Iowa?" says the woman, surprised.

"I'm the psychic," Sylvia snaps. "I'm telling you. Iowa."

"Thank you, Sylvia," the woman says, cowed.

And:

"My son ..." the next woman says. She stops, choking on her words. "My son met a violent death," she says.

"I'm sorry, honey," Sylvia says.

"Is he around me?" she asks.

"He's around you," Sylvia says. "He has beautiful eyes, an oval face. Why is he holding his head?"

"He was shot in the head," the woman says.

"That's why he's holding his head," Sylvia says.

Sylvia says this to the mother but also to us, as if to say, "See, everyone! That's my psychic gift!"

It is an impressive moment.

And:

"It is Sylvia. Her golden hair cascades down her red dress. She starts pushing money into the machine next to me. I momentarily overhear her conversation.

"Do you think they liked it?" she asks one of the four large and quite frightening looking men who are always around her. They look like the Sopranos."

Nice little story.

Although I do have some concerns about one part...........I've never noticed her "Golden Hair", nor have I ever noticed it "Cascading"......not at all in the least bit.

I guess we all like to embellish here and there and a lot of places.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 06:47 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by InnerRise
Some funny stuff.

My favorite parts:

"Will you tell me exactly the time and place my father died?" the next woman asks.

"Ten years ago in Iowa," Sylvia says.

"Iowa?" says the woman, surprised.

"I'm the psychic," Sylvia snaps. "I'm telling you. Iowa."

"Thank you, Sylvia," the woman says, cowed.

And:

"My son ..." the next woman says. She stops, choking on her words. "My son met a violent death," she says.

"I'm sorry, honey," Sylvia says.

"Is he around me?" she asks.

"He's around you," Sylvia says. "He has beautiful eyes, an oval face. Why is he holding his head?"

"He was shot in the head," the woman says.

"That's why he's holding his head," Sylvia says.

Sylvia says this to the mother but also to us, as if to say, "See, everyone! That's my psychic gift!"

It is an impressive moment.

And:

"It is Sylvia. Her golden hair cascades down her red dress. She starts pushing money into the machine next to me. I momentarily overhear her conversation.

"Do you think they liked it?" she asks one of the four large and quite frightening looking men who are always around her. They look like the Sopranos."

Nice little story.

Although I do have some concerns about one part...........I've never noticed her "Golden Hair", nor have I ever noticed it "Cascading"......not at all in the least bit.

I guess we all like to embellish here and there and a lot of places.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Not all all convincing.

Human experiences are so similar, that a person with careful questioning, can guide another person to any conclusion they want.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 07:17 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 08:03 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
"Sylvia Browne: Psychic Guru or Quack?" Bryan Farha, Ed.D.

Great article! Everyone should read it.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 08:40 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Great article! Everyone should read it.

It is a great article...but I didn't learn anything new from it. I had a nice conversation with DigiMark about this stuff.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 09:37 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by dadudemon
It is a great article...but I didn't learn anything new from it. I had a nice conversation with DigiMark about this stuff.

Well, share...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 09:45 PM
Magee

My mum recently went to one of them tarrot card things and the things that guy was saying were scarily accurate. She recorded it on her phone and he had a lot to say about me most of which was very accurate, the things he was saying about every one was a lot of the time spot on with a few wrong things and some things which were like guesses. It's just the things he got right makes you think he couldnt possibly just be guessing it. I don't beleive in this kind of stuff but I can't understand how they do it.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 09:53 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Well, share...

Here you go...enjoy! big grin

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...t=crossing+over

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 09:55 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Magee
My mum recently went to one of them tarrot card things and the things that guy was saying were scarily accurate. She recorded it on her phone and he had a lot to say about me most of which was very accurate, the things he was saying about every one was a lot of the time spot on with a few wrong things and some things which were like guesses. It's just the things he got right makes you think he couldnt possibly just be guessing it. I don't beleive in this kind of stuff but I can't understand how they do it.

Cold reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 09:57 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ya can't have the cold without the hot, I guess. stick out tongue

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 09:58 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
"Sylvia Browne: Psychic Guru or Quack?" Bryan Farha, Ed.D.
Sylvia Brown seems pretty Gangsta!

She made 3 promises..........On National Television no less.........and BROKE THEM!

Oh Noes!

I like Sylvia Brown.happy

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 10:41 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote