KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel now down grading

Marvel now down grading
Started by: Battlehammer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

I like the downgrade for Wolverine. If the scan above is any indication, we should be seeing some more skill feats and such.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:09 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Master-Borg
prob, I def think it was a decision to downgrade Logan, because making him immortal with uber HF was ruining his character and prob making hard for him to have good storylines simply because there aren't enemies powerful enough for Logan anymore

doubt it was a decision at all by the company.

first of all there are character far more powerful then logan was.

second he could still be ebaten which was shown.

the writer that made him immortal likly had the second part of the story already planned out it was written by the same author.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:11 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by StylishSmurph
I like the downgrade for Wolverine. If the scan above is any indication, we should be seeing some more skill feats and such.

ya thats what im thinking.

should be cool. so good speed and fighting skill feats to come.

he seem to imply he has not been going all out over the last few years and now he can go back to going all out.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:12 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Too bad the art still sucks...

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:12 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

maybe they will do a spiderman/wolverine arc that be fun.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:13 AM
Starscream M

Originally posted by Battlehammer
doubt it was a decision at all by the company.

first of all there are character far more powerful then logan was.

second he could still be ebaten which was shown.

the writer that made him immortal likly had the second part of the story already planned out it was written by the same author.

Who is powerful enough to represent a true threat to Logan? His old rogue gallery are no longer any threat to him. And even if someone is powerful enough to kill him, he'll just pop right back.

So which villain do you think would have been powerful enough for Logan and still make sense in Wolverine storyline.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:14 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by StylishSmurph
Too bad the art still sucks...

I agree. I like the writter,but the artist sucks and the fight scene could look so much better.

I kinda liked the art from civil war run would not mind that at all.

though I like an artist from the 90;s better or the artist from blood sport.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:14 AM
lando005

spidermans down grading was odd though. 10 years of up grades that gotta suck.

find it funny that in the same month they down grade both there most popular characters wonder if it was on purpose.
the thing is spiderman was only upgraded twice, it's the character development they ruined with him, but your right it is odd i think they wanted a new status quo for 08

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:15 AM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

I wonder why they stick with the artist...someone must like it.

I think it's pretty gritty and unique and does suit Wolverine/Punisher types though even though I'm not a big fan.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:17 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Who is powerful enough to represent a true threat to Logan?

are you serous............there well over 100 characters that could still have whooped him.

His old rogue gallery are no longer any threat to him.

..........and you wonder why I think you don't read wolverine. even when he was immortal sabertooth still beat him the same as always.

just ebcuase you don't stay dead don't mean you can't be beaten. Hell mist immortal gets beat and he immortal.........

And even if someone is powerful enough to kill him, he'll just pop right back. .

hours later.........it not opps I kill Logan oh shit he alive again lol. when eh dies he stays dead for a while.

So which villain do you think would have been powerful enough for Logan and still make sense in Wolverine storyline.

...........to many to count cyber, sabertooth, omega red, wendigo........the lsit can go on and on.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:19 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by lando005
the thing is spiderman was only upgraded twice, it's the character development they ruined with him, but your right it is odd i think they wanted a new status quo for 08

actaully spiderman been upgraded more the twice...........he been upgrade at least 4 times.

Logan upgrades were around that number if not less.

spiderman up grades were retarded........stingers come on

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:20 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

I wonder why they stick with the artist...someone must like it.

I think it's pretty gritty and unique and does suit Wolverine/Punisher types though even though I'm not a big fan.

it sucks. and only a character like wolverine or punisher could pull it off, but it still sucks.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:21 AM
Starscream M

hours later.........it not opps I kill Logan oh shit he alive again lol. when eh dies he stays dead for a while.

I know he doesnt pop up instantly. But it still makes him too powerful. Even Venom used to take a week to fully recover after a bad beating....so what if Logan needs a few hours to come back to life after being KILLED.

And no, those rogues no longer scare Logan.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:22 AM
Starscream M

it sucks. and only a character like wolverine or punisher could pull it off, but it still sucks.

but someone (or quite alot of people) MUST like it or else they would've changed the artist by now

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:22 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

but someone (or quite alot of people) MUST like it or else they would've changed the artist by now

naw they won't they won't change him till the arc is over

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:25 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

I know he doesnt pop up instantly. But it still makes him too powerful. Even Venom used to take a week to fully recover after a bad beating....so what if Logan needs a few hours to come back to life after being KILLED.

And no, those rogues no longer scare Logan.

No it doesent. It does not change his danger rating. That a misconception you make.

..........no venom dident and venom ability to heal is not like Logans it a lot different.
again talking like you read wolverine how funny.

sabertooth still was just as much of a threat or did you miss that entire arc in which the only way for Logan to stop sabertooth was to use a magical sword............

or did you miss omega red defeating logan in origins?

or cyber giving it to wolverine as well?

stop acting like you know what your talking about when u don't.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:28 AM
Starscream M

Wolverine had sabretooth at his mercy before decapitating him...even without the sword Logan would've won

Didn't Cyber use Daken against Logan? Logan wasn't scared of Cyber like he used to.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:35 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Wolverine had sabretooth at his mercy before decapitating him...even without the sword Logan would've won

Didn't Cyber use Daken against Logan? Logan wasn't scared of Cyber like he used to.

.........Logan caught off sabertooth arm and sabertooth could not heal it back........

actaully with out the sort I doubt it. maybe. Logan had lost to sabertooth the issue before with out the sword.

Logan hasent been scared of cyber since his return arc. Hell and wolverine was immortal since ww1.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:39 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

side not I don't mind the down grading though the spiderman one sounded rather dumb, but will wait and see. I gotta read that issue I have it, but been to scared to look at it lol

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:44 AM
Accel

spidermans down grading was odd though. 10 years of up grades that gotta suck.

find it funny that in the same month they down grade both there most popular characters wonder if it was on purpose.

Obviously so that we still don't get a clear consensus on Spider-Man vs Wolverine.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:46 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote