KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comic Book Mythbuster

Comic Book Mythbuster
Started by: id369

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Any proof it was a retcon other than your narrow interpretation of the dialogue? If the missile hadn't been deflected and exploded, the Surfer would have been killed. Obviously he wasn't.

Furthermore, it's hardly inconceivable Reed would have built another one, it was one of his best-designed weapons and tons of enemies use similar cosmic energies that it would be useful against. In fact, previously we saw a very similar device Reed designed that drained some of the Power Cosmic from Doctor Doom (when he stole it from the Surfer). The Sonic Shark seemed to be an evolution of that design. Reed keeps copies and blueprints of all of his useful inventions around.

Yes. The fact that the missile was originally used to drain surfer as described on panel while mentioning FF 72. That's not a coincidence and there was never a second missile mentioned in the comic.

Don't like it? Not my problem. Bring proof that there was a second missile as right now you're just ignoring on panel proof saying "it's not saying it because I say so."
Originally posted by One-Punch
Yeah, not to mention after draining Fury's missile Surfer made no comment about feeling more powerful.

You would think getting your power back after being almost totally drained would be a pretty big deal. There would be at least some sort of statement or narration alluding to it, but there's nothing.

If Surfer did get back his powers, the writer would've made it clear.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 05:42 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Any proof it was a retcon other than your narrow interpretation of the dialogue? If the missile hadn't been deflected and exploded, the Surfer would have been killed. Obviously he wasn't.

Furthermore, it's hardly inconceivable Reed would have built another one, it was one of his best-designed weapons and tons of enemies use similar cosmic energies that it would be useful against. In fact, previously we saw a very similar device Reed designed that drained some of the Power Cosmic from Doctor Doom (when he stole it from the Surfer). The Sonic Shark seemed to be an evolution of that design. Reed keeps copies and blueprints of all of his useful inventions around.

Yes. The fact that the missile was originally used to drain surfer as described on panel while mentioning FF 72. That's not a coincidence and there was never a second missile mentioned in the comic.

Don't like it? Not my problem. Bring proof that there was a second missile as right now you're just ignoring on panel proof saying "it's not saying it because I say so."
Yeah, not to mention after draining Fury's missile Surfer made no comment about feeling more powerful.

You would think getting your power back after being almost totally drained would be a pretty big deal. There would be at least some sort of statement or narration alluding to it, but there's nothing.

If Surfer did get back his powers, the writer would've made it clear.

He doesn't need to. We know it's the same missile which drained him and he drained it back.

This is getting lulzworthy at this point with all the random excuses.

Bring proof, not your opinion. I've posted all the examples and scans. You did not.

Ergo, you're wrong and I'm right. Simple as that.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 05:45 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

Originally posted by abhilegend

He doesn't need to. We know it's the same missile which drained him and he drained it back.

This is getting lulzworthy at this point with all the random excuses.

Bring proof, not your opinion. I've posted all the examples and scans. You did not.

Ergo, you're wrong and I'm right. Simple as that.

So in other words...

You CAN'T account for the fact that the first sonic shark exploded and was destroyed. Your only excuse is to repeat the word "retcon" a million times, and nothing else.

You CAN'T account for the fact that there are zero statements or narration that even allude to Surfer getting his power back. Screw on-panel proof, we don't need it! Just trust me bro.

And your entire "myth-bust" is based on intentionally misinterpreting the words said to Fury. And when everyone disagrees with your twisted interpretation, you declare yourself right anyways.

laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 6th, 2015 06:40 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So, it's personal insults now when you have no proofs in your side?

No thanks. Get back to me when you have some actual proof.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 03:20 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

It's obvious there was a second missile, because we saw the first one explode.

It's not like it was some unique, unreproducable lost technology - it's based on a very well-known device that both Reed and Doom have used many times (The Cosmic Power Siphon). We've seen other versions of devices using the very same concept.

Your ridiculous "retcon" claim makes no sense. If Ben hadn't deflected and destroyed the missile, Norrin would have died. What are you suggesting, that Ben actually failed to stop the missile and Norrin did die? If so, why was he alive afterwards?

Your argument makes absolutely no sense.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 11th, 2015 03:42 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

On the other hand, if he's right, it's quite a feat for Reed to build a missile that can explode and then re-create itself.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 11th, 2015 03:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

We saw Thanos die too. It still got retconned that.

Just like the missile exploding got retconned as Fury flat out told that the missile was originally used to drain surfer.

At this point you're just too stuck in your own idea that there must've been a second missile when the comic never indicated that.
quote:

It's not like it was some unique, unreproducable lost technology - it's based on a very well-known device that both Reed and Doom have used many times (The Cosmic Power Siphon). We've seen other versions of devices using the very same concept.

Nobody gives a shit.
quote:

Your ridiculous "retcon" claim makes no sense. If Ben hadn't deflected and destroyed the missile, Norrin would have died. What are you suggesting, that Ben actually failed to stop the missile and Norrin did die? If so, why was he alive afterwards?

The missile almost killed Surfer here too. But that's it. Fury even mentions it but conveniently left out how Thing destroyed it? I don't think so.
quote:

Your argument makes absolutely no sense.

Your whining makes no sense. What's wrong with surfer getting all his powers back? It actually answers why he wasn't depowered after his first series.

But ignore all of it and pretend he was depowered for the rest of his career since he never got the portion of power drained by sonic shark.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 12th, 2015 04:11 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

TBH I wouldn't put it past him, considering some of his inventions.

Anyway, it looks like Abhi isn't going to listen to reason. The fact is that they never said it was the exact same missile and the idea that the dialogue could easily mean a missile using the same technology (which is not uncommon) seems to be anathema to him for some reason.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 12th, 2015 01:01 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

TBH I wouldn't put it past him, considering some of his inventions.

Anyway, it looks like Abhi isn't going to listen to reason. The fact is that they never said it was the exact same missile and the idea that the dialogue could easily mean a missile using the same technology (which is not uncommon) seems to be anathema to him for some reason.

You're the one talking.

Where is the proof that there was a second missile? Even an implication would be enough.

You have already assumed there was a second missile and are working ass backward to fit the story for your own purpose when the comic never hinted it.

And somehow I'm the one not listening to reason.

SMH @ this ass backward logic

Old Post Sep 12th, 2015 06:21 PM
Mr Master

thumb up

Last edited by Mr Master on Sep 12th, 2015 at 09:39 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2015 09:36 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

surfer still shits on superman...and that myth busting on surfer failed hard........anyone can tell that it wasnt the exact same one

Old Post Oct 11th, 2015 11:59 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Even Surfer's bio in OHOTMU 2005 says that his powers were restored to the original levels after being drained by Sonic Shark.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"His powers were diminished though they gradually returned to their original levels."

thumb up

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:12 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

That part seemed obvious for me.

Doesn't change the fact there were 2 sonic sharks stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:16 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

True. However I wouldn't say that the drain was permanent, after he eventually escaped Galactus' barrier he reached levels matching or surpassing the level he was at before the missile first drained him.

That's what I think too.

The bio doesn't contradict anything we've said either.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 07:02 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

The bio doesn't contradict anything we've said either.

That bio states it happened before first series of SS. Not after Surfer escaped the barrier.

thumb up

Old Post Oct 17th, 2015 04:22 AM
HulkIsHulk

I have no issues, just airing your dirty laundry. When you have entire photobucket albums dedicated to low showings of rival characters, I'll start questionning your integrity.

You have an impressive collection biensalsa:

Hulk limits?
http://s647.photobucket.com/user/bi...rt=3&page=1

Surfer limits?

Thor limits?

Thanos limits?
s647.photobucket.com/user/biensalsa...rt=3&page=1

I wonder what other low showings of characters you've collected.

Every marvel character who is a threat to supes?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 10:30 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 10:43 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Last edited by abhilegend on Nov 7th, 2016 at 10:43 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 10:38 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 01:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

One Punch just committed murder!!!! laughing

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 01:32 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote