KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » CLONE WARS MOVIE Coming to THEATRES!

CLONE WARS MOVIE Coming to THEATRES!
Started by: sithsaber408

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

I guess Alliance is right and good call ona TV series forum.

Spontanteous lightbulb idea: A Clone Wars imitation of Platoon with Clonetroopers instead of US soldiers?

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 07:19 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Moving Day... into the new forum!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 10:00 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

PARTY Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh yeah.. Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 10:53 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Queeq is the rules for this similar to the OT/PT forum or can I bring in the EU?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 11:03 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

THis is a horrible idea.

THIS IS A MOVIE, NOT A TV SERIES. (initially)

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 11:20 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Apparently, don't quote me on this, but Grievous may have a big role in this, which, as I am sure you all know, will make me happy smile

Hopefully seeing him kill many Jedi.

And does this mean we can use this series as canon in other SW areas?

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 11:53 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

yes, which is why it should not be in this retarded two thread forum

Last edited by Ordo on Feb 26th, 2008 at 01:11 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General G
Apparently, don't quote me on this, but Grievous may have a big role in this, which, as I am sure you all know, will make me happy smile

Hopefully seeing him kill many Jedi.

And does this mean we can use this series as canon in other SW areas?

Why do you people have such a problem viewing the EU as canon?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Because its not.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 03:17 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: CLONE WARS MOVIE Coming to THEATRES!

Originally posted by sithsaber408
It's official!

On Friday, Aug 15th, we'll be getting the first 3 episodes of The Clone Wars CG seires as a theatrical release.

Source:http://www.starwars.com/theclonewar...nouncement.html

eek! eek! eek! Happy Dance eek! eek! eek!
This looks like CRAP.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 07:47 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Alliance
yes, which is why it should not be in this retarded two thread forum

Shut up, dude. You know full well the feature animated film is the kick-off for the television series. We have no idea about it's status canonwise. It's the more elegant solution.

An dyou know the rule: if you don't like it, post somewhere else.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 07:51 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

This isn't a book or a game or something that Lucas had a hand in or creative oversight.

IMO, anything that he is primarily in control of is canon. That includes the Clone Wars series and the The Clone Wars series and movie.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 01:38 PM
queeq
Chaos

Where does it differ from the Clone Wars, Ewoks, Droids, Caravan of Courage?

Plus I think it's a nice separation from the live action movies. Lucas always said the Skywalker story is over, now he's continuing... it's rather confusing.

So we discuss the old Clone Wars as well in here.

Besides we have a PT forum, and OT forum and a EU forum. This series fits in neither of these forums, and merging OT and PT doesn't sound like a good idea for now. But maybe in the future we will do that.

Just accept it and fill this new forum with your lovely signature Clone love.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 04:43 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

But this really is the PT....

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 07:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Opinions on canon are like raindrops. It's rather early for us to be forming a policy on it yet for this area as we have very little to go on. Our policy elsewhere is based on what we could gather from decent sources.

Much later we can come to a decision on this. For now I'd just recommend people be aware that the series may or may not be paying attention to EU elements.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Alliance
But this really is the PT....

PT=Prequel TRIlogy... TRI means three.... This film would make it PQ=Prequel Quadrilogy... and that is not official. As Ush said, we don't know if this is EU or canon yet.
And even then... it's NOT PT and it's animated and purposely aimed at TV. The pilot is theatrical, but it's still for tv.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 10:58 PM
exanda kane

Am I allowed to declare militant action on the Prequels in this forum?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 11:32 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by queeq
PT=Prequel TRIlogy... TRI means three.... This film would make it PQ=Prequel Quadrilogy... and that is not official. As Ush said, we don't know if this is EU or canon yet.
And even then... it's NOT PT and it's animated and purposely aimed at TV. The pilot is theatrical, but it's still for tv.

Sooner or later, people are going to have to realize that the Trilogies are over.

"While at Imagina 2007, Rob Coleman revealed that George Lucas is heavily involved in every step of the production, from script to final completion." - Wookiepedia

This is the new Star Wars. Like it or not, its going to be canon. It will integrate EU elements, but it seems as if its simply cannonizing them.

Look at how Lucas took the third Season of Clone Wars. It led directly into ROTS, setting up the entire film. Now honestly, since this is truely Lucas' project, even down to its assuredly horrible script, how can you even consider that this will not be canon? Its absurd. Canon doesn't end with ROTS. The live-action TV series will be treated the same way...canon. It doesn't matter what media it is produced for. If anything, a theatrical release gives it MORE credibility. What canon comes down to is Lucas involvement, which, for this case, is unpreceidented in an "only by the stringest of definitions" EU project.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 04:58 AM
exanda kane

Meelytont Akschon!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 08:34 AM